RemedySpot.com

Senator Ring, Potential Parent's Rights bill

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shapiro wrote:Hello everyone,As many of you know, I am a strong believer in the biomedical treatments of the autism spectrum disorders as part of the overall treatment approach. I define autism as the pathological manifestations of environmental insults upon a genetically susceptible host. Many of us have serious concerns regarding the role of vaccinations as part of the many environmental exposures to our children. I recently had the honor and pleasure to discuss with Senator Ring, potential legislation which he is authoring, a "Parents Rights"

bill. He believes that parents deserve the right to have a full and direct consultation with their child's pediatrician prior to vaccination in order to discuss the many issues, pro and con. This consult will be followed by a two week time period during which parents can research the issues of vaccination and come to their own decisions regarding what is best for their own child. Many of us have experienced the well child checkup. The nurse informs us that vaccines are due, tells us they are perfectly safe, sign here and BAM. I am sorry, but vaccinations are a medical procedure with risks and benefits. As such, a full consultation prior to vaccination should be standard of care. We believe families need to be informed of risk factors and that they may need time to determine if there are indeed any contraindications like autoimmunities that run in the family and which may result in an unexpected outcome from

vaccination. Senator Ring would very much appreciate any input you may like to give him on this issue. You may contact him at: District Office:5790 Margate BoulevardMargate, FL 33063Senate VOIP 43200 FAX Legislative Assistants: Sheldon Plotnick, Ramos and Tallahassee Office:Room 326Senate Office Building 404 South Monroe Street Tallahassee, FL32399-1100 Senate VOIP 5094 Email:ring.jeremy.web@ flsenate.gov

I would greatly appreciate you passing this message along through your existing networks. A. Clayman, MDAFDDAA