RemedySpot.com

RE: What is Med Waiver and how do I get it?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of e SilvaSent: Friday, November 14, 2008 6:06 AMTo: sList Subject: Re: What is Med Waiver and how do I get it?

HI,

Your son needs to have a dx of autism. Go to myflorida.com for more info. Look up your area. For example I live in area 9. (West Palm) There is a long wait, but in my opinion worth the wait.

e

From: Lissette Regalado <lregaladsgmail>To: deniseslist Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:26:41 PMSubject: What is Med Waiver and how do I get it?

Hi,

My son currently has medicaid and has CMS insurance. I am having a challenge finding a good behavioral psychologist that works with kids on the spectrum in Broward that takes my insurance. Any recommendations? How can I apply for Med Waiver and what are the qualifications/ benefits?

Thank you for all your help. Feel free to e-mail me offline.

regards,

LissetteLregaladsgmail (DOT) com

______________________________________________________________________This email has been scanned by the Broward Health Email Security System.______________________________________________________________________

- ----------------------------------------------

Broward Health

Lissette, The most important thing you need to know about medwaiver is that it is currently not available, there is a waiting list for services. No one knows when the folks on the wait list will ever get services. However if you already have Medicaid then you've already got all your medical, pharmacy and therapy bills paid for. Regarding behavioral, CMS has a list of behaviorists who will accept your insurance, contact your CMS person. e Silva wrote: HI, Your son needs to have a dx of autism. Go to myflorida.com for more info. Look up your area. For example I live in area 9. (West Palm) There is a long wait, but in my opinion worth the wait. e From: Lissette Regalado <lregaladsgmail>To: deniseslist Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:26:41 PMSubject: What is Med Waiver and how do I get it? Hi, My son currently has medicaid and has CMS insurance. I am having a challenge finding a good behavioral psychologist that works with kids on the spectrum in Broward that takes my insurance. Any recommendations? How can I apply for Med Waiver and what are the qualifications/ benefits? Thank you for all your help. Feel free to e-mail me offline. regards, LissetteLregaladsgmail (DOT)

com