RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: SCDs ability to end yeast overgrowth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Elaine felt that SCD was enough to deal with a yeast/candida overgrowth, over time -- but then she might have been referring to one person's particular situation. I had a major yeast overgrowth when I started SCD, and wanted to clear that up quickly. So I made adjustments to the legals I used so I could be at a drastic yeast elimination level, and stayed there for at least 8 months until my symptoms had almost disappeared; but then I didn't add much of the trigger foods for another year following that. I still don't eat much fruit or honey or high-carb legals even today, 3 years later; it doesn't take much to feel the first warning signs of yeast growth.

But while it was difficult, as an adult I could get through it because I knew I'd get better in the end. It's more of a challenge with children, I expect, as they don't really understand. Maybe you can be successful if you just eliminate some of the worst yeast trigger foods, and those foods you've noticed cause problems for your children, but just cut back a bit on some of the favorite foods that are also yeast triggers. Maybe only have the least sweet fruits once a day, or a nut flour muffin every other day. Then, with time, everyone's yeast levels will fall back to normal levels.

There's a strong connection between the gut, the blood and the brain. As I understand it, a variety of physiological responses occurs when consuming certain foods or certain chemicals, synthetic or natural. Children seem more prone to get emotional disturbances from certain foods instead of an immune response like hives. I'm an adult, but I can have my nervous system take a jolt after I've had certain foods, and of course I can get hives and respiratory distress from some foods. Then there's the blood sugar responses -- won't go into that! The digestion is linked to all the other body systems. So it's not surprising that your child can experience behavior changes after certain foods -- something like an immune response only with behavior instead of getting hives.

Have you looked over the www.pecanbread.com website? It's focus is on children on SCD, so there might be some helpful information for you there.

By the way, I am in Bee's candida group too. Joined when I first realized I had a yeast overgrowth. Learned a lot. I don't read the emails regularly now, but occasionally visit the site to look at the files.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

>>>>>>>>>>>

I've been reading up at Bee's candida site and wondering what everyone else's experience is with putting yeast in check. Do you think SCD is enough to do this while keeping the fruit and honey and DCCC which are not allowed on the anti-candida diet and incredibly difficult for doing with children.