RemedySpot.com

Re:Looking for Passover recipes appropriate for SCD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Many of the recipes are just naturally kosher for Passover, so basically forget about your matzoh meal recipes and prepare SCD for you, your guests, and your family. They will not believe how good everything is. The problem is that many of the baked goods have butter, so you would want to bake things that are Ok using oil. Walnut oil is so good.

I plan to bake my savory foods using home-made chicken fat from the soup that is cooled.

Here is a matzo ball recipe I found, and as you can see it, you will need to multiply it.

You can also make your own macaroons, MERINGUE BISCUITS (look up recipes).

Mini "Matzo" Balls serves 2

One egg, well beaten

1/8 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. onion powder

dash black pepper

almond flour

Beat together egg and seasonings.

Add almond flour, stirring in a spoonful at a time until the mixture is the consistency of play-doh...

Pinch off small globs of dough and roll between palms of hands into balls the size of small marbles.

Meanwhile fill a 1-quart saucepan 1/2 full with salted water or stock and bring to a gently bubbling boil.

Drop the dough balls into the bubbling liquid. They will sink to the bottom, then float to the top.

Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.

Serve immediately or scoop out with a slotted spoon to cool on layers of paper towels.

Refrigerate for later use. Can also be frozen.

Robin

UC since 1999

Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions More!