RemedySpot.com

Orlando: Meeting with the Attorney General's Office

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Phyllis wrote: Dear Parent Advocates, Yesterday I talked with the Attorney General's office ( Guerra) and she informed me that they were still going to have the meeting with parents about the abuse and neglect of our children in the public school system but there have been some changes made. I was also informed that they do not have any authority over school districts. The meeting will be held in combination with "The 100 Ideas Autism Disability Discussion" on September 15 and 16 in Orlando Florida. said there would be people from the Attorney General's office available both days to meet and talk with parents. I do not have

the times yet but as soon as I find out I will let you all know. I will copy the Attorney General's office on all my emails so that is kept in the loop of communication that I am forwarding to you. Below is the information on "The 100 Ideas Autism Disability Discussion." Regards, Phyllis Musumeci ***************************** Finally, an Autism and Developmental Disability Discussion unlike any other, and long overdue!Speaker Rubio delivered an impassioned speech in the last moments of the 2008 Legislative session when the Insurance Bill passed. He urged the legislature to do more and continue their efforts in addressing the critical issues related to autism and developmental disabilities facing our families in Florida. To ensure that members

of the legislature follow through, he is making this personal effort before his term of office expires. THE 100 IDEAS AUTISM AND DISABILITIES DISCUSSION WILL BE STRUCTURED IN AN INFORMAL FORMAT, PROVIDING AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO OFFER INPUT AND OPINIONS TO FLORIDA LEGISLATORS, AGENCY REPRESENTATIVES, STAFF AND DECISION MAKERS, ON MANY DIFFERENT ISSUES RELATING TO AUTISM AND THE DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED COMMUNITY.Please note that the date for the "100 Ideas, Inc. Statewide Autism & Developmental Disabilities Discussion" is September 15-16, in Orlando. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS, AGENDA AND REGISTRATION CLICK HERE TO VIEW TOPICS FOR DISUCSSION