RemedySpot.com

Re: Fwd: Fw: Grants for Families Struggling with Child Health-Rel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We got this grant last year and it was not difficult at all. My son was awarded $1000, which we used towards OT. I kept a folder with all the info. I pre-wrote checks and requested the OT provide a bill with our "paid" stamp on it.

It just took some diligence and time, which I know is scarce but hey, to me, a thousand bucks was worth it!

I was getting ready to do it again, but now I make too much....not much of too much but more than their cut off too much.... :)

Fwd: Fw: Grants for Families Struggling with Child Health-Rel

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

-----Inline Message Follows-----

Children who have medical needs are sometimes not insured comprehensively to provide coverage for all of their medical treatments. The United Healthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF) provides grants to families to help pay for child health care services such as speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy sessions, prescriptions, and medical equipment such as wheelchairs, orthotics, and eyeglasses. Parents and legal guardians may apply for grants of up to $5,000 each for child medical services and equipment by completing an online application at the UHCCF Web site. If a grant is approved for the child, the grant will help pay for approved medical services/items after the child's commercial health benefit plan submits payment for services provided, if any. The grant funds are not paid to the parent or child directly - invoices/bills are submitted to UHCCF for approved medical services/items after the commercial health benefit plan submits initial payment (if any) to the health care provider.In January 2006, the United Healthcare Children's Foundation was expanded to all 50 states; hence, funds are available nationwide. To be eligible for a grant, children must be 16 years of age or younger. Deadline: Open.

http://www.uhccf.org/apply.html

Children who have medical needs are sometimes not insured comprehensively to provide coverage for all of their medical treatments. The United Healthcare Children's Foundation (UHCCF) provides grants to families to help pay for child health care services such as speech therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy sessions, prescriptions, and medical equipment such as wheelchairs, orthotics, and eyeglasses. Parents and legal guardians may apply for grants of up to $5,000 each for child medical services and equipment by completing an online application at the UHCCF Web site. If a grant is approved for the child, the grant will help pay for approved medical services/items after the child's commercial health benefit plan submits payment for services provided, if any. The grant funds are not paid to the parent or child directly - invoices/bills are submitted to UHCCF for approved medical services/items after the commercial health benefit plan submits initial payment (if any) to the health care provider.In January 2006, the United Healthcare Children's Foundation was expanded to all 50 states; hence, funds are available nationwide. To be eligible for a grant, children must be 16 years of age or younger. Deadline: Open.

http://www.uhccf.org/apply.html