RemedySpot.com

Re: Illinois property tax exemption for Disabled

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I didn't hit delete. We have that already in Indiana.....I was on disability for some time before I ever found that out. My brother in law in WV said he got the deduction so I called here in IN. Nice surprise.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> This is for only Illinois members that pay property tax. So all you others hit delete or next.> Now that both of the Illinois members are reading this. LOL> > Illinois has passed a little know tax exemption for all disabled property owners. It will reduce you assessed value by $2,000. Which means 20 times your tax rate per $100 assessment. In my case 20 X $8.00 per $100 or about $160 off my tax bill.> It goes into effect for the bill due in June of 2008 but you have to sign up for it by the end of January 08 I took in my "Benefit Amount form for 2007" from SSI to our tax assessor office and it took about 5 minutes to have them fill out the necessary form.> > Well worth the time.> > I also took in my Benefit form for 2008 and did both years at the same time. Will not have to do it till 2009 for the bill in 2010. If I Make it that long LOL> > If you need more help about this just give your Assessor office a call, some time I don't explain thing well > > > > > P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59> > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>