RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: radiology

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce it is past your bed time..LOL Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." GwynneObviously we'll see you between now and Friday, but good luck on the tests. I know they are exhausting. I was filling out paperwork for new doctor today....got to small space for please list any CT's, MRI's X-Rays or other tests you've had with dates and purpose. First, I have no earthly idea and, second, I don't have enough time in a day to do so. And, I know what I've had is nothing compared to you. They asked me the other day if I'd had a chest x-ray or CT lately. Well in the last six months at least ten chest xrays and 8 or so CT's plus some nuclear and the VQ and who knows what.I'm sure they just want to check you once again to make sure there is nothing new that would present a danger, but don't you just wish at this point you could say, I'll take my chances, now give me my lungs. I know it will be an exhausting day Friday but fortunately your San  trip is soon. You know whether its Friday or February 1 that each of us is there with you in our hearts. Always good to double check that the tests make sense. But I imagine they are requiring them. I'd go take them all for you if it could just save you the drive, but all I can do is say I'm always thinking of you as you go through these days. I know I'm not alone in sometimes feeling like I get so much from you and have so little to give back. But you do have my hopes and prayers and friendship. >> Deon, I'm glad you made your way here. So many of> us, like me, lucked upon it by accident and now> would never leave it. You're so young to be carrying> such a huge burden, and with 2 kids still at home -> my heart goes out to you. But stick with us and you'll> probably learn a lot about how to live with your> disease, in addition to making friends with people who> really care. It's so great to know that, with this bunch,> you're never alone. And you won't be judged no matter> what your mood, so let her rip! This group offers> support and encouragement when quite often it can't> be found anywhere else, even from our own families.> You'll be listened to, laughed with, worried about,> prayed for, and valued for your opinions and> experiences. Welcome.> > Joyce,> How'd the sleeping go last night in the new throne (by> the time you get this it'll be Tuesday)?> What a challenge, to get so many different tops on> the thing just to keep your fanny from going numb!> Wish I could come over and paint a faux finish on it> or something.> I'm sorry you had to hurry out of church just to avoid> the sob when talking. Last night I went to hear a speaker> at my church, and had the most difficult time yet in> simply getting dressed (except it isn't so simple). Almost> kept me from going. bah. But didn't. :-)> > Gang, I'm going to the doc in Dallas on Friday. I won't> bore you with the reasons why, but it turns out they've> got me scheduled for a HRCT, VQ scan, and fluoroscopy> (all of which I've had before) in one day. This all needs> to happen before I go to San for an appointment> Feb. 1st. Other than being tired, is there reason for me> not to agree to it? I don't want to assume that just> because my nurse ordered it, it's okay. I'll probably call> my PCP tomorrow and run it past her.> > Sandie, I'm praying that your burdens will be lessened.> I think we tend to want all the answers and we want> them NOW. Unfortunately, we're dealing with a disease> that doesn't offer concrete answers, and mostly> depressing facts. I absolutely relate to the feeling that> sometimes it all seems totally overwhelming. Just> today I could have strangled my nurse coordinator (for> the hundredth time) for some stuff she neglected to> do. Sometimes we have to step back and percolate,> vent or rage, calm down, recharge, then move ahead> one step at a time to demand and insist on what we> deserve. It's exhausting, and I wish I had a magic wand> that would make it all easier for you, for all of us.> > Babs, You're living in a veritable kennel! How wonderful.> I'd have just as many furry babies as you if it were possible.> I love your sense of humor and your honesty. Both> are absolutely vital in my book. I'm so glad you're one> of the gang. How far is Driftwood from Austin (that's> where my kids live, not that I can travel right now)?> > Hugs and blessings,> Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas>

Gwynne... my prayers and good wishes go along with you!

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: radiology

GwynneObviously we'll see you between now and Friday, but good luck on the tests. I know they are exhausting. I was filling out paperwork for new doctor today....got to small space for please list any CT's, MRI's X-Rays or other tests you've had with dates and purpose. First, I have no earthly idea and, second, I don't have enough time in a day to do so. And, I know what I've had is nothing compared to you. They asked me the other day if I'd had a chest x-ray or CT lately. Well in the last six months at least ten chest xrays and 8 or so CT's plus some nuclear and the VQ and who knows what.I'm sure they just want to check you once again to make sure there is nothing new that would present a danger, but don't you just wish at this point you could say, I'll take my chances, now give me my lungs. I know it will be an exhausting day Friday but fortunately your San trip is soon. You know whether its Friday or February 1 that each of us is there with you in our hearts. Always good to double check that the tests make sense. But I imagine they are requiring them. I'd go take them all for you if it could just save you the drive, but all I can do is say I'm always thinking of you as you go through these days. I know I'm not alone in sometimes feeling like I get so much from you and have so little to give back. But you do have my hopes and prayers and friendship. >> Deon, I'm glad you made your way here. So many of> us, like me, lucked upon it by accident and now> would never leave it. You're so young to be carrying> such a huge burden, and with 2 kids still at home -> my heart goes out to you. But stick with us and you'll> probably learn a lot about how to live with your> disease, in addition to making friends with people who> really care. It's so great to know that, with this bunch,> you're never alone. And you won't be judged no matter> what your mood, so let her rip! This group offers> support and encouragement when quite often it can't> be found anywhere else, even from our own families.> You'll be listened to, laughed with, worried about,> prayed for, and valued for your opinions and> experiences. Welcome.> > Joyce,> How'd the sleeping go last night in the new throne (by> the time you get this it'll be Tuesday)?> What a challenge, to get so many different tops on> the thing just to keep your fanny from going numb!> Wish I could come over and paint a faux finish on it> or something.> I'm sorry you had to hurry out of church just to avoid> the sob when talking. Last night I went to hear a speaker> at my church, and had the most difficult time yet in> simply getting dressed (except it isn't so simple). Almost> kept me from going. bah. But didn't. :-)> > Gang, I'm going to the doc in Dallas on Friday. I won't> bore you with the reasons why, but it turns out they've> got me scheduled for a HRCT, VQ scan, and fluoroscopy> (all of which I've had before) in one day. This all needs> to happen before I go to San for an appointment> Feb. 1st. Other than being tired, is there reason for me> not to agree to it? I don't want to assume that just> because my nurse ordered it, it's okay. I'll probably call> my PCP tomorrow and run it past her.> > Sandie, I'm praying that your burdens will be lessened.> I think we tend to want all the answers and we want> them NOW. Unfortunately, we're dealing with a disease> that doesn't offer concrete answers, and mostly> depressing facts. I absolutely relate to the feeling that> sometimes it all seems totally overwhelming. Just> today I could have strangled my nurse coordinator (for> the hundredth time) for some stuff she neglected to> do. Sometimes we have to step back and percolate,> vent or rage, calm down, recharge, then move ahead> one step at a time to demand and insist on what we> deserve. It's exhausting, and I wish I had a magic wand> that would make it all easier for you, for all of us.> > Babs, You're living in a veritable kennel! How wonderful.> I'd have just as many furry babies as you if it were possible.> I love your sense of humor and your honesty. Both> are absolutely vital in my book. I'm so glad you're one> of the gang. How far is Driftwood from Austin (that's> where my kids live, not that I can travel right now)?> > Hugs and blessings,> Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas>