RemedySpot.com

Re: Autism Speaks A bully?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't have anything good to say about Autism Speaks either. Have you noticed they don't list free resources? I have asked them about this a few times, and it's fallen on deaf ears. They are in it for the money. They want to sell parents of ASD kids, high priced goods. They also want to push their own agenda, which is completely biased. Sara zell wrote: What is going on with that organization? Why do they persist in these bullying tactics when bullying is one of the worst things our children can go through? And why don't they have an ASD person or persons in their organization? Has anyone ever asked them this directly? Look at the outcry about the Mike Savage comment and how people protested him, but where's the protest when AS does this? Are they unaccountable to the very people they purportedly serve? Where's the public outcry? Why no public outcry? Why are we leaving these ASD adults to fend for themselves in the proverbial vs Goliath? Why won't AS listen to these people? These are hard questions, folks, which deserve clear answers. Just remember, our kids are growing up and before you know it they're going to be the adults that AS ignores. Is this truly the right way to go? In my never to be

humble opinion, NO!!! I don't want my child to grow up and have her shunned by an organization that was supposedly started for the benefit of her and others like her. So while they persist in these bullying tactics and ignoring the ASD activist community, I will have my personal protest and do nothing or support nothing they do. Jazel