RemedySpot.com

Re: salt water swimming pools

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You have to ask if they use a salt system cholrine generator - that is not the same as a salt walter pool. Also if your sone is drinking any of the chlorinated water that can cause a type of intoxication. So be sure you know exactly what the real issue is.

To: sList From: barbarasuarez51@...Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:37:57 -0700Subject: Re: salt water swimming pools

Hi Tina,

Aside from the effects of chlorine in swimming pools, have you heard that for those children on the GFCF diet, we have to be careful with what type of sunscreen we use cause some contain gluten. I must say I did not know this so looking to get feedback on what sunscreen lotions are gluten-free, if anybody knows. Tks.

salt water swimming pools

Hi,

I am recently finding that my son appears to very allergic to chlorinated swimming pools. Particularly after he has been swimming for extended periods of time. He turns into crazy Austin.

We have been following some sort of a regimen after swimming (Taurine, Candidase-enzyme- and an Epsom salt bath), but I am not convinced it works all the time or is 100% effective.

My son loves, loves, loves to swim and I would feel like a horrible parent if I had to keep him from that. I have heard of other kids like ours that struggle with similar issues in regards to the chemicals in pools.

I know some change their pools over to salt but we don't own a pool so that is not an option.

Anyone know of any public salt water pools in the Broward area?

Oh, and I know about the beach already! :)

Thanks!

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.

Guest guest

There is a product called Magnesium Sulfate Cream by Kirkman Labs. www.kirkmanlabs.com is the website I believe. It is supposed to help with the chlorine issue. I avoid swimming pools as much as possible or I go to someone's home where there is a salt pool. I know this is the new trend, but I haven't heard of public pools that have salt water chlorination.

You can apply the cream right after swimming so you don't have to run home to give the Epsom Salt bath. I'm not sure if Taurine is very effective, although I do give it to my sons after swimming.

-------------- Original message --------------

Hi,

I am recently finding that my son appears to very allergic to chlorinated swimming pools. Particularly after he has been swimming for extended periods of time. He turns into crazy Austin.

We have been following some sort of a regimen after swimming (Taurine, Candidase-enzyme- and an Epsom salt bath), but I am not convinced it works all the time or is 100% effective.

My son loves, loves, loves to swim and I would feel like a horrible parent if I had to keep him from that. I have heard of other kids like ours that struggle with similar issues in regards to the chemicals in pools.

I know some change their pools over to salt but we don't own a pool so that is not an option.

Thanks!

Guest guest

How much do you use? I will try.... Thanks

Re: salt water swimming pools

There is a product called Magnesium Sulfate Cream by Kirkman Labs. www.kirkmanlabs.com is the website I believe. It is supposed to help with the chlorine issue. I avoid swimming pools as much as possible or I go to someone's home where there is a salt pool. I know this is the new trend, but I haven't heard of public pools that have salt water chlorination.

You can apply the cream right after swimming so you don't have to run home to give the Epsom Salt bath. I'm not sure if Taurine is very effective, although I do give it to my sons after swimming.

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "TinaTerriAustin" <austintandtbellsouth (DOT) net>

Hi,

Thanks!

Guest guest

I have noticed recently that some pools have a salty taste/smell to them but I am certain they are not salt water pools.

Is that a result of the salt system chlorine generator you mention? What is that?

Hi,

Thanks!

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.

Guest guest

California Baby sunscreen (available at Wholefoods) is gluten and casein free but it's not cheap (about $18 for a tube). I haven't been able to find anything else similar.

Caroline

Hi Tina,

Aside from the effects of chlorine in swimming pools, have you heard that for those children on the GFCF diet, we have to be careful with what type of sunscreen we use cause some contain gluten. I must say I did not know this so looking to get feedback on what sunscreen lotions are gluten-free, if anybody knows. Tks.

Hi,

Thanks!