RemedySpot.com

Medicare and O2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Had a long talk with my O2 company about going on Liquid O. They "think" they can get me two companion portables and a large home tank. They will loan me a travel tank that weight 95 lbs full. It will fit in the SUV but will have to be lifted out to fill portable. Have not checked the fit in the extended cab truck. We talked about medicare payment for my o2. We all know that they will pay for 36 months then the equipment will be mine. I have been on 02 since 9/04 but medicare o2 since 2/07. She called it a progressive system, meaning they will pay only 36 time no matter what company you are with, can't change to get more months The scary example she gave me was this. If I had medicare 02 for 30 months and i was not happy with the service I was getting from her. So I went across the

street to the other guy in town. He would be over joyed to get me a new concentrator, portable and liquid till he found that I had only 6 more months that medicare would pay. It would cost him $x,xxx to provide me all the new stuff, but 6 months times Medicare payment of $yyy would not equal his cost so he would not take me on as a new client. I would have to stay with the one I was not happy with. As I was typing this I came up with other scary thoughts. That would happen if I had used 33 months of medicare payments and need to go to a new high flow concentrator, would any company give me one? That would happen if i had used all 36 months up and needed a larger unit would any one give me one or would i have to pay for it all myself? Us medicare people had better had a long talk with the 02 people. It sound

like everyone should get a ten LPM machine to cover our back side. LOL P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.