RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Re: symptoms candida/yeast or digestive?? -- was carrots(for Kim)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

kim please send me all you have on the canidid I ve been diagnosed with crohns but the doctor did say that it all pointed toward crohns it didn't screem it (what ever that means )but Im going to take it as, I may have candid, it's so simular thanks in advance sure appreciate it olive

Re: Re: Re: symptoms candida/yeast or digestive?? -- was carrots(for Kim)

Kim,

Would you mind e-mailing them to me.

Tina

SCD 1 yr.kkmumbower <kimmumbgulftel> wrote:

Jodi

I dealt with a major candida/yeast overgrowth at the same time as I started SCD. Took me 2 years to get my yeast levels under control, so I have lots of experience in how to select SCD-legals that my digestion would tolerate along with killing off the high levels of yeast. Basically I read up on yeast/candida elimination strategies, then applied them to SCD legal foods and supplements. Lots of trial and error.

SCD is close to a yeast elimination diet, but I found that my symptoms were severe enough I wanted to speed up the process of restoring my gut ecology. So I just eliminated or didn't eat much of the foods that just feed yeast, so I could kill them off. Because I couldn't tolerate antifungals, and it took me 4 months before I could handle probiotics, it took me a longer time than usual to get the yeast under control.

Symptoms connected with yeast/candida tend to be immune system related, although there can be an impact on digestion too. Symptoms connected more to yeast/candida over are : skin rashes, vaginal or genitourinary rashes and discharge, mouth sores, oral thrush, dry chapped lips and skin around mouth, watery eyes, sore throat, headaches, fatigue, fluid in ears, aching joints..... Basically the body's immune system can't cope with the toxins released by high levels of yeast.

Foods high in carbs and sugars, like carrots, beets, winter squashes, fruits; foods high in molds like cheese, mushrooms, whole nuts; and fermented foods like vinegar and wine; are all foods that tend to encourage yeast to overgrow. Having poor digestion or digestive disorders on top of this also means more fermentation in the gut, which also encourage the yeast to overgrow.....

I put together some f dealing with yeast/candida along with being on SCD for another SCD group I'm in. Let me know offlist and I can email them to you.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

>>>>>>>>>>>

How does one know if they are feeding Candida or if the Disease isjust acting up? What are the differences in symptoms? I thought Iknew but I feel so confused!Jodi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.