RemedySpot.com

An Update.....I know the reactions I'm going to get!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm doing OK considering what has happenned in the last 4 days. As I posted before I'm in good spirits! Gasping for air and not being able to talk for a long time etc...As you know I was admitted to hospital on Thursday/Friday to ensure that no blood clots were present. I was on 3 litres of Oxygen, had a VQ Scan, Ultrasound, X-Rays and blood tests. Blood thinners, Prednisone, Oxygen treatments were administered.

There was a second reason why I was admitted in hospital, after the 5th oxygen treatment in ER, dr came in to check my lungs and asked me how I was feeling. I said a bit better, than when the ambulance brought me in, says let me check your lungs, he listens to the lungs and says to me "You're still wheezing a lot, how can you be feeling better". That's when he ordered for the lung dr to come and see me in ER. She did come and I saw her, asked me a bunch of questions...I was losing a bit of consciousness and I was very pale and my face as the dr put it "it looked pretty sick and she didn't like the way it looked".

No further instructions were given to me as I was discharged and sent home. As you all know, on Saturday I did go to work. As you don't know while at work I was having chest pains and gasping for air. Did my 8hrs shift, met with my sister....asked her to take me back to ER my Sats had dropped between 85% and 90%.

Usually I hide it from ER dr's that I have PF. The first question I was asked do I have a lung disease example PF and I couldn't hide it anymore and said YES. I was immediately put on 3-4 litres of Oxygen, X-Rays, a lot of blood tests and a lot of monitoring. I was hooked up to a Heart Monitor, ECG machine, IV and my Sats were monitored also. Even when I was spoke with the ER dr, it took a lot of energy to tell him what was going on.

Honestly I couldn't get out of it. I didn't argue with the dr/nurses, let them do exactly what was necessary and see were it leads back of my mind I was thinking OMG, I'm going to miss another day of work. Saturday all night and Sunday morning I was hooked up on the Oxygen (they had inserted a tube in my nose, tube was getting very irritating, I kept it in there). Sunday morning around 7am, dr said let's take out the Oxygen and if the Sats drop again, she's staying if the Sats are stable she can go home.

BP was stable at one point it was 155/108 Pulse 124. Sats stayed pretty stable and I was discharged, instead of coming straight home as instructed, I waited till the subways stations opened to go to work. Which I did, stayed for the whole shift.

They found bilateral nodules at the bases of the lobes. I'm not sure if it's from the X-Ray or they looked at my CT Scan....will have further information this week. Was asked who follows me and if I do have follow-up appointments for my PF. Asked me if I have Home Care Oxygen at home. To all of his questions I said NO. He was totally schocked! especially in the condition that I was in. Showed him the pictures of my hand...you should have seen his expression on his face. I was in too much pain to even laugh. I don't even have the energy to cough.....

Usually for anything they tell me see your GP in the next few days! Now, it was in between the next 2 days see your GP if you're not getting any better.

Irene

Raynaud's Disease 09/07

PF 03/07

Canada

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.