RemedySpot.com

Wine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cheers to you Grammy,

I have been having 1-2 glasses aday and I agree, I think it helps.

All The Best, LouDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Question: Is it the Wine?http://www.healingcrow.com/dietsmain/scd/wscd/wscd_39.htmlHi everyone. I just wanted to write a cheerful message because I am feeling so good. So many of you have helped me more than you know, so I felt it would only be fair to share my good results recently!I have been doing better and better. I had gotten myself into another flare recently and was really scared. I have pulled out of it now with flying colors. I credit my recovery of course to the diet, but particularly to a huge SALAD everyday. I realize that eating raw vegetables is usually problemsome for most of us, so I am not recommending this for anyone. But my usually problem is not diahrea, it is more like constipation, where I am straining and struggling, almost like giving birth, just to have a BM. I talked to my GI doctor about this recently and

told him that I have been eating a huge salad everyday thinking that my problem with the constipation stems from the fact that since my colon is inflamed, it is more narrow than it should be, so less BM is able to come out, hence my struggling. My struggling would get so bad that I would throw up and then blood would be dripping into the toilet. Anyway, he actually agreed with my on my thinking and thought salad was a good thing. Well, it is. And aside from that, I have been drinking two glasses everyday of dry red wine. I must say that I really HATE the taste of wine, but I do like the calmed down feeling it gives me. It helps me sleep at night and makes me less anxious. And beyond that, drinking the wine coincided with my feeling better and better, so I am not about to give it up. I have also been eating a lot of yogurt using the stonyfield as a starter. I had been eating a ton of yogurt (actually that is about all I

was eating in my flare) and unfortunately I think it aggravated the flare. But now that things have calmed down, the yogurt is doing great with me. I eat about two cups a day..and use some as my salad dressing. My BMs are truly trophies right now. Yes, there is a bit of blood but I am not concerned since that is usually the last thing to go away. Anyway, thanks to everyone who guided me on the wine and everything else. I enjoy you all so much and appreciate all your help! Elaine writes:That wine is magic! I can remember Dr. Haas telling me to give it to eight year old Judy and I did and all I can do is pass on this wisdom. With some of you people, a smaller percentage, the nerves really get that adrenalin pumping and shunting that blood with oxygen and nutrients away from the gut. The liquor did the trick and that is why Dr. Haas told us to give dry wine to our 8 year old with her meals to relax her .The SCD™ Knowledge Base Wineshttp://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/knowledge_base/kb/wines.htm writes:The exact level of residual sugar in a wine is measured and provided to us from each supplier in a quantity of grams per litre. This level is then compared with a table to see where it lies to indicate the sugar code. The table is as follows (0 is the driest): Grams Sugar per litre Sugar Code0.0 to 4.9 - 05.0 to 14.9 - 115.0 to 24.9 - 225.0 to 34.9 - 335.0 to 44.9 - 445.0 to 54.9 - 555.0 to 64.9 - 665.0 to 74.9 - 775.0 to 84.9 - 885.0 to 94.9 - 9Etc.One's impression of a wine's sweetness is sometimes influenced by the grape variety used in a particular wine. This may occur when a wine is not properly balanced between acidity and sweetness, or if a wine borders on

either end of the sugar scale, making it appear that it is off by one number. As well, a typical Riesling may seem sweeter than indicated due to its fruity taste. In contrast, a red tannic wine may seem drier than indicated due to the bitter, mouth-drying characteristics of tannins. "Carol Frilegh" c.frilegh@... wrote:In Ontario, the Liquor Stores are run by the government and wine islabeled for sweetness. zero meanaing it's sugar free. Dry DrinksLight Rum, Tequila, Italian Table Wine, Merlot, e, Vermouth, Estancia Cabernet Sauvienon, Cabenet Sauevignon. Put the name of your wine in you can see if it is listed and if the sugar content is "00" which would indicate that it is very dry and suitable for SCD. Also if you want you can enter sugar contentof "00" and a type of wine (for example Austrailian Red Table wines) and get a list of wines to

look for at your local liquor store.http://www.nbliquor.com/prod-search.aspPer Sheila Trenholm sheilat@... The SCD™ Knowledge Base Alcoholhttp://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/knowledge_base/kb/alcohol.htmElaine writes:Alcohol in dry wine and other products is made from grain, but none of the starch is left. The yeast used in making wine, as well as enzymes in the grains, when mashed and left to heat and time, change the starch and sugars into alcohol. Since alcohol is only a short two-carbon structure (as compared to starch and disaccharides-see diagrams of many sugars each with 6 carbons X the number of sugars in the chain)(Page 3 in BTVC) alcohol can be absorbed very quickly through the stomach

or upper small intestine, and we need not worry about any of these calories getting down to where bacteria waiting for something to eat and make babies. However, if starch and sugars DO get down to the lower gut and are fermented by bacteria and yeast into alcohol or short chain fatty acids, then we have problems.But as long as it is absorbed up high AND NOT TOO MUCH we are OK on SCD™.From the LI listserve ________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Warning:personal posts on the list serves can be googled.Put in Subject: SCD or I may not see your post to me. Tell me where you live to find SCD Pals and Doctors. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SCD Store:http://www.scdiet.com/store/index.html Chalmers*LIST OF SCD FOODS: Email to scdiet@... at no charge. In the subject put CARD REQUEST Give your name and address to get it snail mail.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.