RemedySpot.com

Peggy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peggy,

I am soo proud of you! You were awesome! I know you will reach a lot of people. Maybe this story could go to a national publication. You have more guts than I do! Love you!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

OOPS? I'm doing fine today. Shortly going to brave the horrible cold

elements and go run some errands. I'll wrap up like Eskimo Bob. Oh,

I've never worn so many layers of clothes before in my life. Have to

carry my Helios by the handle in my hand because so many layers on my

shoulder it wants to slide off. But its warmed up to a balmy 34

degrees. Only the 17 mph winds give us a " feels like " of 25 degrees.

I wish they wouldn't put that on the weather site, 34 was bad enough.

> > Deon... I want you to know I did read your post and will defer to

> > others who have experience with what you need to know.

> > My input on prednisone is that I will not take it. At least not

> until

> > there is absolutely no other alternative and/or for short

> intervals.

> > There is no cure and no treatment for IPF and the side effects

> from

> > prednisone leave me not wanting to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

> > You don't say in how big an area you live in regard to finding a

> > rheumy. Are you near a teaching hospital? That's usually a good

> choice.

> > Others will respond.

> > Come back.

> >

> > Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > Fwd: new to group/Questions

> >

> >

> >

> > Note: forwarded message attached.

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Yahoo!

> > Search.

> >

> >

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

>

• 2 weeks later...

Peggy,

I can't wait to see you!!! I know that anything we do will be fun!!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."

Re: Prozac

Bruce,I don't believe I was speaking to the Prozac issue at all. I wasaddressing the statement about prescribing Pred "because thats whatthey do" and that I didn't believe Dr Raghu would prescribe the Predunless he truly felt it would have a positive impact on her pulmonaryissues. No more, no less. UIP/LCH 5.06 CA> > >> > > It is great to hear others "in the same mind". I have already> > decided to not go off of Prozac.> > > I was on 30 mg, but it was upped to 60mg a couple months ago and> > I'm doing better. I've been thinking about my last appt with Dr.> > Raghu - I feel I am being given Pred and Im just because that's what> > they do. I want to know if there are people on this site who have> > benefited long-term success from using these drugs. My original doc> > said that nothing will cure PF..they just give us these drugs > because> > that is all

they know to do.> > > > > > My Sleep Disorder test is for Feb 13th.> > > > > > My cold hangs on...now my throat is sore and my voice sounds> > funny! I've noticed that my memor is suffering! For the life of > me I> > could not remember what my house looked like! After some time of> > struggle with memory, I remembered!> > > > > > Best wishes to all today..> > > Joy/Seattle> > > Inters PF> > > PAH> > > HP> > > > > > > > > Joy> > > www.thehandcraftedj ewelrymall. com/joykiefner/> > >> >>

Oh, you're just trying to make us all more jealous.

> > > >

> > > > It is great to hear others " in the same mind " . I have already

> > > decided to not go off of Prozac.

> > > > I was on 30 mg, but it was upped to 60mg a couple months ago

and

> > > I'm doing better. I've been thinking about my last appt with

Dr.

> > > Raghu - I feel I am being given Pred and Im just because

that's

> what

> > > they do. I want to know if there are people on this site who

have

> > > benefited long-term success from using these drugs. My

original doc

> > > said that nothing will cure PF..they just give us these drugs

> > because

> > > that is all they know to do.

> > > >

> > > > My Sleep Disorder test is for Feb 13th.

> > > >

> > > > My cold hangs on...now my throat is sore and my voice sounds

> > > funny! I've noticed that my memor is suffering! For the life of

> > me I

> > > could not remember what my house looked like! After some time

of

> > > struggle with memory, I remembered!

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes to all today..

> > > > Joy/Seattle

> > > > Inters PF

> > > > PAH

> > > > HP

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Joy

> > > > www.thehandcraftedj ewelrymall. com/joykiefner/

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Hi Peggy,

School is going great. I finished my first class and am in the middle of my second. 6 more to go! I haven't posted much lately because my computer keeps freezing. I am trying to baby it along for the next 3 weeks till my class is done and then I need to take it in. It seems like I am at the doctors everytime there is chat! My biopsy was at 2 today and I didn't get home till 5:30. What's BG? Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Joyce update

Just got off the phone with Joyce. She still sounds great but has had one of the worst days ever... No treatment yet.

She was put in a very small room, no undies and there was a MAN in her little closet of a room. She was SHOCKED and APPALLED. They wouldn't take her

to the bathroom so she was miserable. Her daughter called her Dr. he came over and got things straightened out. she was moved without orders. Well she is now in the Mayors room. LOL (her words) nice bed, recliner, chairs.. Lucian got there after work and had a hissy on them and got everything she needs taken care of..

Our Queen has been abused..

Oh some-ones head is going to rollllll.

Any how she will have the treatment in the AM. She doesn't have the stint in yet. All that tomorrow.

She says Hi to all and wants your prayers.

Oh yes she has a stash with her, she says that heart healthy diet is going to kill her.. She was into her stash when we hung up. She is just a character.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

, BG is Blood Gas from the wrist. With Lidocain you don't feel anything at all. I am so glad this will soon be over for you. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. Hi Peggy,   School is going great.  I finished my first class and am in the middle of my second.  6 more to go!  I haven't posted much lately because my computer keeps freezing.  I am trying to baby it along for the next 3 weeks till my class is done and then I need to take it in.  It seems like I am at the doctors everytime there is chat!  My biopsy was at 2 today and I didn't get home till 5:30.  What's BG?      Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Joyce updateJust got off the phone with Joyce. She still sounds great but has had one of the worst days ever... No treatment yet.She was put in a very small room, no undies and there was a MAN in her little closet of a room. She was SHOCKED and APPALLED. They wouldn't take her to the bathroom so she was miserable. Her daughter called her Dr. he came over and got things straightened  out. she was moved without orders. Well she is now in the Mayors room. LOL (her words) nice bed, recliner, chairs.. Lucian got there after work and had a hissy on them and got everything she needs taken care of.. Our Queen has been abused..Oh some-ones head is going to rollllll. Any how she will have the treatment in the AM. She doesn't have the stint in yet. All that tomorrow.She says Hi to all and wants your prayers.Oh yes she has a stash with her, she says that heart healthy diet is going to kill her.. She was into her stash when we hung up.  She is just a character.Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Oh don't worry, I was only awake for a little while worryin and prayin for Joyce. This morning we had our dining room set and a sofa table delivered. Well, we had to refuse the dining room table because it was damaged. They will be delivering a new one next week. My mom's disappointed but I convinced her that accepting the damaged table was not the what she wanted to do. She likes to just smooth things over and "make the best of it" but when you pay a couple of thousand dollars on something it should arrive new, not damaged right?

I will take a nap later today. Don't worry I'll rest up for the trip. I can't wait!!!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."

TMU UNIT

Translation please...wot the heck is a TMU Unit???? in Oz>> This is Joyces phone in her new room.> > Joyce has been transferred to the "TMU unit" of the hospital, where > she will stay through the end of her stay there. Room #457. Room > phone: .> > > > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04> > Worry looks around.> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks

up.>