RemedySpot.com

Re: Strange PFT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, Very interesting.... Leanne wrote: Just got my PFT numbers The 7/07 and 1/08 test were on a new computer system and all my test except the 1/08 were done my same tech. this new one by a new young guy.FVC was 43% now 43%, FEV1/FVC was 95% now 92% DLCO was 31% now 27%Under lung volumes are some strange numbersSVC as 44% now 43%IC was 51% now 42%ERV was 25% now 44%FRC was 52% now 89% in normal

rangeRV was 66% now 117% very strangeTLC was 51% now 67%A couple of other measurements worth noting are the functional residual capacity (FRC) and the residual volume (RV). An increase in the FRC indicates hyperinflation. An increase in the RV indicates air trapping.Interstitial lung disease. In interstitial lung disease, there is no obstruction but the lungs get progressively less compliant (and consequently have progressively smaller lung volumes) and develop a progressive impediment to gas transport. Therefore, the PFTs in interstitial disease show a normal FEV1/FVC ratio, a low TLC and a low DLCO/VA. Depending on the type of interstitial disease, either the TLC or the DLCO/VA may be the first abnormality noted early in the disease.Will have to Ask Plumy on the 1/31 about this P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7

8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59 Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.