RemedySpot.com

Seafood Cakes recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My husband and I made these seafood cakes last night and they were delicious! Here's the recipe:

Seafood Cakes

[Adapted from 50 Years of Shake Family Traditions and Recipes – owners of The Old Fisherman's Grotto and The Fish Hopper restaurants in Monterey, California]

1 lb. seafood (crab meat, lobster tail, white fish fillets, or shrimp, or any combination)

½ red bell pepper, finely chopped

½ small sweet onion, finely chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

Olive oil for sautéing vegetables

1 T. chopped parsley

2 eggs

2 T. well-dripped half-and-half SCD yogurt or French cream

¾ t. Old Bay seasoning*

¼ t. dry mustard

Salt and pepper to taste

¾ c. bread crumbs made from SCD basic almond bread recipe (slice bread, cube slices, bake at 170 forever (at least 4-5 hours) until cubes are dry. Grind up into bread crumbs.)

Butter for frying cakes

Cook any raw seafood by steaming or boiling, cool, then chop coarsely. Sauté bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened. Combine seafood, vegetables, and parsley in a medium bowl.

Whisk together eggs, dripped yogurt, Old Bay seasoning, and dry mustard in a small bowl. Add to seafood-vegetable mix and mix well. Add bread crumbs, adjusting mixture so that it is not too wet or too dry in order to make cakes that will hold together. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Form into cakes and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Heat nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add butter. Fry each cake about 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy. Be careful they don't burn due to the use of almond flour bread crumbs.

* I don't have problems with Old Bay and it "seems" legal to me, but I make no representations about it being legal. if you're wary of seasoning blends, please use seasoning you're comfortable with. Old Bay's ingredients are: salt, celery seed, mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamond, and paprika.

Enjoy!

Kathy