RemedySpot.com

Re: PFTs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rephrase that...mild restriction, severe impairment...

Folks,

Had PFTs yesterday. Nurse called in the afternoon. Gave me no numbers;

all she said was " Mild impairment, severe restriction. A script has been

written for Advair BID. " Needless to say, when I questioned her she told me

that she'd have the pulmonologist (who I really liked) call me today after I

wake up from my sleep. (I work nights and am writing this from work...)

It sounds to me like mild inpairment in gas exchange, severe restriction in

lung compliance, but who knows? (The doctor...) I'm curious to know how

much this is asthma vs COPD...

brud+-- God is good; everything else is a lesson. -- God is good; everything else is a lesson.

Jon, Anytime you have tests and scans get copies of everything. Joyce will be telling the importance I'm sure. I am so glad I have all mine. I am going to have My Dr. copy my records to a memory stick and it can be read from any computer.. I don't know who came up with that but I think it's great. Put it on your key chain and you have records to go.. They cost less than 20.00.  ipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. Folks,Had PFTs yesterday.  Nurse called in the afternoon.  Gave me no numbers;all she said was "Mild impairment, severe restriction.  A script has beenwritten for Advair BID."  Needless to say, when I questioned her she told methat she'd have the pulmonologist (who I really liked) call me today after Iwake up from my sleep.  (I work nights and am writing this from work...) It sounds to me like mild inpairment in gas exchange, severe restriction inlung compliance, but who knows?  (The doctor...)  I'm curious to know howmuch this is asthma vs COPD... brud+-- God is good; everything else is a lesson.

Peggy,

That's what I do and it's such a comfort. I know that no matter where I am, if I have my car keys, I have entire medical file with me. If anything happened at least the doctors would have my history at their fingertips!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."

Jon, Anytime you have tests and scans get copies of everything. Joyce will be telling the importance I'm sure.

I am so glad I have all mine. I am going to have My Dr. copy my records to a memory stick and it can be read from any computer.. I don't know who came up with that but I think it's great. Put it on your key chain and you have records to go.. They cost less than 20.00.

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Folks,

all she said was "Mild impairment, severe restriction. A script has been

written for Advair BID." Needless to say, when I questioned her she told me

brud+-- God is good; everything else is a lesson.

Peggy...HI! what is this 'memory stick'? Where do I get one and how does it work? Do I hand it to the Dr/receptionist when I come or go?

Sounds great!!!

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Jon, Anytime you have tests and scans get copies of everything. Joyce will be telling the importance I'm sure.

I am so glad I have all mine. I am going to have My Dr. copy my records to a memory stick and it can be read from any computer.. I don't know who came up with that but I think it's great. Put it on your key chain and you have records to go.. They cost less than 20.00.

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Folks,

MB...you have a memory stick too. I forgot to ask Peggy, how do YOU read it? Is there a way to put it in the computer? How does info. get added or deleted?

Nosy little bugger ain't I??

Jon, Anytime you have tests and scans get copies of everything. Joyce will be telling the importance I'm sure. I am so glad I have all mine. I am going to have My Dr. copy my records to a memory stick and it can be read from any computer.. I don't know who came up with that but I think it's great. Put it on your key chain and you have records to go.. They cost less than 20.00.

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Folks,

It is a computer external drive. It is not as big as your thumb. It plugs into the usb port and you can download information onto it.They're very reasonable. ipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

Peggy, Bruce... I guess instructions are printed on the heel! lol

What is the first thing I do when I get this thing home? I'm unclear how info. gets to the memory stick...yes, it plugs into a usb port...but I mean the writing...the actual info.

How do I add or delete? Plug it in and simply type away???

It is a computer external drive. It is not as big as your thumb. It plugs into the usb port and you can download information onto it.

They're very reasonable.

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Bruce...."Save information". You mean scan it into the computer?

You save information and read it from it just like the hard drive on your computer. It is just another drive, a very small one.> > > > > Folks,> Had PFTs yesterday. Nurse called in the afternoon. Gave me no numbers;> all she said was "Mild impairment, severe restriction. A script has been> written for Advair BID." Needless to say, when I questioned her she told me> that she'd have the pulmonologist (who I really liked) call me today after I> wake up from my sleep. (I work nights and am writing this from work...)> > It sounds to me like mild inpairment in gas exchange, severe restriction in> lung compliance, but who knows? (The doctor...) I'm curious to know how> much this is asthma vs COPD...> > brud+> -- > God is good; everything else is a lesson.>

Sher, When you plug it in, it will show up on your desk top. then you drag and drop what ever you want to copy. Thats a Mac butYou may have to export. It comes with instructions.  Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

MB...I can see now, it will be a big job to scan in the many dozens of pages I have and then into a memory stick.

It probably won't be as hard as I'm making it right now. I can hardly wait to get one.

Thanks again for the info.

Jon, Anytime you have tests and scans get copies of everything. Joyce will be telling the importance I'm sure. I am so glad I have all mine. I am going to have My Dr. copy my records to a memory stick and it can be read from any computer.. I don't know who came up with that but I think it's great. Put it on your key chain and you have records to go.. They cost less than 20.00.

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Folks,

Zena... I didn't picture feathers/bones but I sure was uneducated about this 'stick' Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I didn't know what a memory stick was and my step son told me that he had one coming in the post.

I was picturing a large stick with feathers and bones strung to it sort of native american style!

Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > > > Folks,> > Had PFTs yesterday. Nurse called in the afternoon. Gave me no > numbers;> > all she said was "Mild impairment, severe restriction. A script > has been> > written for Advair BID." Needless to say, when I questioned her > she told me> > that she'd have the pulmonologist (who I really liked) call me > today after I> > wake up from my sleep. (I work nights and am writing this from > work...)> > > > It sounds to me like mild inpairment in gas exchange, severe > restriction in> > lung compliance, but who knows? (The doctor...) I'm curious to > know how> > much this is asthma vs COPD...> > > > brud+> > -- > > God is good; everything else is a lesson.> >>