RemedySpot.com

Re: high flow family

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Leanne,

I second that! In the hospital they had me on 3 litres, I know it was for my own good, I couldn't stand it at all. The tubing OMG...if I tried to take it out, it was put back in....

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 1:08 pm

Subject: Re: high flow family

I HATE THIS BLEEPING DISEASE........

Peggy <pac1773cfl (DOT) rr.com> wrote:

Joyce, Gwynne, and anyone else on high flow. My high flow concentrator just got here a bit ago. I was so excited to be able to be on my feet and complete a job without my body screaming for 02, WELL I have this set on 6 and I went into the kitchen and took the trash out maybe 15 feet. My legs started so I came in and checked my sat it was 90.. How is that??? I am getting really upset. I am NOT ready for higher that 6, The question is Is this how y'all went higher? just BAM need more?? Oh I am upset.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Peggy,

Remember this summer when I was doing rehab. I was at 4-5L and had been for about a year. I was doing good with my walking, etc at rehab and maintenance. But, gradually, I began needing to turn up my 02. Within a couple of months I had went to 8L. Now, it is 8-10L. So, yes, for me....it happened pretty fast.

I didn't have pneumonia or anything specific to cause the drop.

It is a lot harder to cope now. Everytime I walk through the house my 02 drops. I have to stop and rest. You may not need more than 6 for a long time. All of us are so different.

Try slowing down. No taking the trash out. Real women don't do trash.

The numbers can be so scarey. I always think of the 1 - 10 scale. Not good here.

Try not to worry Peggy. You know who holds tomorrow.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong. Joyce, Gwynne, and anyone else on high flow. My high flow concentrator just got here a bit ago. I was so excited to be able to be on my feet and complete a job without my body screaming for 02, WELL I have this set on 6 and I went into the kitchen and took the trash out maybe 15 feet. My legs started so I came in and checked my sat it was 90.. How is that??? I am getting really upset. I am NOT ready for higher that 6, The question is Is this how y'all went higher? just BAM need more?? Oh I am upset.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04> > > Worry looks around.> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.> > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Hi Peggy I have mine set on 8 1/2 LPM to get 8 at my nose. I would be overjoyed to only drop to 90. I hit low 80's doing very little. Did they give you High flow cannula's. Salters has one that goes to 15 with a green tube. My O2 company has a box full of them with my name on it so no one else gets them. I have a high flow cannula from Westmed that I have not tried yet P UIP 8/00 o2 24/7 8/04Peggy wrote: Joyce, Gwynne, and anyone else on high flow. My high flow concentrator just got here a bit ago. I was so excited to be able to be on my feet and complete a job without my body screaming for 02, WELL I have this set on 6 and I went into the kitchen and took the trash out maybe 15 feet. My legs started so I came in and checked my sat it was 90.. How is that??? I am getting really upset.I am NOT ready for higher that 6, The question is Is this how y'all went higher? just BAM need more?? Oh I am upset. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

P, the guy accidently had a high flow water bottle in his truck so it sounds like a wind tunnel on my face. He made a "note"that I need supplies for HF.   How much hose can you use on this. We have it sitting outside and are trying to place it. I don't want him to make a hole in the house unless I can use about 75 feet of hose. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

Actually Concentrator does have very specific limits on temperature

in specs although I have no idea why. Probably the frosted or dewed

air would cause internal problems.

At to length, while there is some dropoff of flow as you go even from

25-50 feet it is minimal and probably not measurable or noticeable.

beyond 50 feet it increases, but to what degree I don't know. I don't

know of anyone using more than 50 feet or recommending it. However,

extension hoses are easy to add if one wants and SalterLabs does make

75 foot hoses so the idea as I've found them for sale on a web site

and I'm sure others do. Salter however on their site many times

mentions " tubing length limited for optimum performance. "

> >

> > P, the guy accidently had a high flow water bottle in his

truck

> > so it sounds like a wind tunnel on my face. He made a " note " that I

> > need supplies for HF. How much hose can you use on this. We have

it

> > sitting outside and are trying to place it. I don't want him to

make

> > a hole in the house unless I can use about 75 feet of hose.

> >

> >

> > Love and Prayers, Peggy

> > ipf 6/04

> >

> > Worry looks around.

> > Sorry looks back,

> > Faith looks up.

> >

>

I called and ask and was told as long as it is protected from sun and rain it's fine. BUT I told I may get the liquid back. This thing is like a jet sitting there with someone letting the air out of its tires every few min. I willkeep my tanks for outings. I hope they will do that. I know they are NOT going to be happy. Maybe they'll let us go pick it up.  Oh I just dread telling them. Oh well live and learn. Did you say your liquid has a water bottle? and how much tubing can you use with it? Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

Joyce, the guy told me I would need three mother ships hooked together and by the time I got to #3 it would only be half full. And they wouldn't last a week. Don't you use three? how often do you refill. he said the problem is at 6 L if I werejust sitting not using it that it would just evaporate..So is going to build the concentrator it its own little room on the deck. I am just a little worried about bon-fires. the smoke could be a problem. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

Peggy,

The high flow water bottle that fit on the concentrator fits on the liquid, too. I have fits getting them to thread on right. They brought me about 8 of them.

My problem is the water freezing. The Mama ships are in the garage, but it has been very, very cold lately. But, I don't want all that in my house!

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> I called and ask and was told as long as it is protected from sun and > rain it's fine. BUT I told I may get the liquid back. This thing > is like a jet sitting there with someone letting the air out of its > tires every few min. I will> keep my tanks for outings.> > I hope they will do that. I know they are NOT going to be happy. > Maybe they'll let us go pick it up. Oh I just dread telling them. Oh > well live and learn.> > Did you say your liquid has a water bottle? and how much tubing can > you use with it?> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04> > Worry looks around.> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.>

At 6 liters the guys math is all wrong unless its someone who has

nothing over 75 pounds. Two 144 pound reservoirs would last ten days

so easily safe for a week....Now as you go up, would require three or

four. At 6 liters a 110 pound reservoir will last just over 4 days. I

know you have to deal with who you have to deal with. Guessing they

are talking three 75 pound tanks. Interesting as Apria is the biggest

here but only uses 75 pound reservoirs for home or travel. My small

supplier goes up to 144 for home and has as low as 25 and 50 for

travel.

>

> Joyce, the guy told me I would need three mother ships hooked

> together and by the time I got to #3 it would only be half full.

And

> they wouldn't last a week. Don't you use three? how often do you

> refill. he said the problem is at 6 L if I were

> just sitting not using it that it would just evaporate..So is

> going to build the concentrator it its own little room on the deck.

I

> am just a little worried about bon-fires. the smoke could be a

problem.

>

>

> Love and Prayers, Peggy

> ipf 6/04

>

> Worry looks around.

> Sorry looks back,

> Faith looks up.

>

Peggy,

I have 2 that go to 10L and 2 that go to 6L. The delivery guy meant to put in all 10s, but messed up. So, right now the two sixes are hooked together with a y connector and set on 4L each. It will take awhile till we see what will work. He wants to come every two weeks. He was saying that these would last 12 days....which they won't. I told him it was o.k., I would just hold my breath those last two days!!

Why did you put the concentrator outside? You always had it inside before, didn't you?

Hugs, Joyce>> Joyce, the guy told me I would need three mother ships hooked > together and by the time I got to #3 it would only be half full. And > they wouldn't last a week. Don't you use three? how often do you > refill. he said the problem is at 6 L if I were> just sitting not using it that it would just evaporate..So is > going to build the concentrator it its own little room on the deck. I > am just a little worried about bon-fires. the smoke could be a problem.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04> > Worry looks around.> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.>

Joyce, I saw this post and I had to laugh! The first thing I did with my concentrator was stick it on the patio. I love having it outside. It is not so noisy in my house and it takes up no living space. I couldn't believe you had never done it and then I remembered that Peggy and I don't have freezing weather to deal with. It is almost always warm outside and I spend a huge part of my life on my patio! Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: high flow family

Peggy,

I never knew it was o.k. to put the concentrator outside. Also 50 ft. was the limit of tubing that I was told to use. Why didn't you just use liquid. They took my concentrator and I was glad to see the end of it. I have listened to those things for 10 years and I love the silence.

We did make a hole in the wall for the liquid to come into the house.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> P, the guy accidently had a high flow water bottle in his truck > so it sounds like a wind tunnel on my face. He made a "note"that I > need supplies for HF. How much hose can you use on this. We have it > sitting outside and are trying to place it. I don't want him to make > a hole in the house unless I can use about 75 feet of hose.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04> > Worry looks around.> Sorry looks

back,> Faith looks up.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Bruce, I use 65 ft of hose for 2.5-3 lpm

on LOX. I have no problems with it at all..

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Bruce Moreland wrote:

Actually Concentrator does have very specific limits on

temperature

in specs although I have no idea why. Probably the frosted or dewed

air would cause internal problems.

At to length, while there is some dropoff of flow as you go even from

25-50 feet it is minimal and probably not measurable or noticeable.

beyond 50 feet it increases, but to what degree I don't know. I don't

know of anyone using more than 50 feet or recommending it. However,

extension hoses are easy to add if one wants and SalterLabs does make

75 foot hoses so the idea as I've found them for sale on a web site

and I'm sure others do. Salter however on their site many times

mentions "tubing length limited for optimum performance."

> >

> > P, the guy accidently had a high flow water bottle in

his

truck

> > so it sounds like a wind tunnel on my face. He made a

"note"that I

> > need supplies for HF. How much hose can you use on this. We

have

it

> > sitting outside and are trying to place it. I don't want him

to

make

> > a hole in the house unless I can use about 75 feet of hose.

> >

> >

> > Love and Prayers, Peggy

> > ipf 6/04

> >

> > Worry looks around.

> > Sorry looks back,

> > Faith looks up.

> >

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.9/1239 - Release Date: 1/23/2008 10:24 AM

Well, length of hose is all relative. Lots of argument on where fall

off is and how much. But I think at lower levels of flow 75 is pretty

safe. The key is do you maintain your sats. For instance if length

means you are .5 higher in flow to get the same sats then it doesn't

really matter. i've seen 100 feet used but thats stretching it and

certainly wouldn't be wise at very high flows where getting all you

can is so key.

> > > >

> > > > P, the guy accidently had a high flow water bottle in his

> > truck

> > > > so it sounds like a wind tunnel on my face. He made

a " note " that I

> > > > need supplies for HF. How much hose can you use on this. We

have

> > it

> > > > sitting outside and are trying to place it. I don't want him

to

> > make

> > > > a hole in the house unless I can use about 75 feet of hose.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Love and Prayers, Peggy

> > > > ipf 6/04

> > > >

> > > > Worry looks around.

> > > > Sorry looks back,

> > > > Faith looks up.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

> >

> >No virus found in this incoming message.

> >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.9/1239 - Release Date:

1/23/2008 10:24 AM

> >

> >

>