RemedySpot.com

Other Diets and Protocols

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I apologize as I was very abrupt in my SECOND response on the topic of soaking nuts. Our website has no rules or guidelines posted on a database or link. Other SCD groups usually include a policy of not welcoming protocols from other diets as suggestions for SCD. I  am accustomed to  functioning according to that. Healing Crow is the exception as they do not look kindly on those who defend strict SCD against other ideas that appear on their list. Their list is not exclusively SCD.There are several diets that are similar to SCD but are not SCD. There are other sites of great benefit and interest to those in good health seeking natural and alternative dietary options to the Standard American Diet. Weston Price and its Nourishing Traditions, Dr. Mercola and Dr Weil are in these categories. What they advocate may be sensible and appealing but does not necessarily apply to SCD. So while grain based Kefir, soaked nuts and green coconut water may attract the interest of some, it is wise to check them out against protocols of SCD. These other approaches are neither negotiable nor debatable on SCD. Elaine advocated fanatical adherence. For some this has exceptions in the fact that we may not always be able to tolerate everything allowed on and within  SCD but that does not mean we can integrate things that are not legal into our procedures.

People who are new and have researched other options or followed other diets previously want to bring their information to the table and share it. It often clouds the basics and promotes debate and discussion about whether if Elaine had lived, she would  have been progressive and changed the diet. Since this is speculative and can never be answered and based on the success rate enjoyed by those who are strict, I personally will not change the formula for myself.If we are to remain helpful for those who need additional clarification of SCD, please accept that the answers lie in the book and on the two websites and if in doubt, leave it out.So I hope my "shortness" did not step on any toes. I will continue to do my best to base my answers on what Elaine has established until scientific research invalidates it. Even then, I'll probably stick with Elaine's injunctions.When the good fairies were handing out virtues, Marilyn got tact and I got the robot answering technique :-) Carol F.Celiac, SCD 8 years,MCS, Latex Allergyhttp://www.celiac.com/authors/143/Carol-Frileghhttp://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/gfcf-diet/sc-diet.htm