RemedySpot.com

Joyce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peggy,

I was reading along really believing this one.

Cute,

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> > > > Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those > expensive, double-pane energy-efficient kind.> > Yesterday, I got a call from the Contractor who installed them. He > was complaining that the windows had been installed a whole year ago > and I had not paid for them yet.> > Hellloooo? Now just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am > automatically stupid. So I told him just exactly what his fast- > talking sales guy had told ME last year ... namely, that in just ONE > YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! "Helllooooo!" (I told > him) "It's been a year"!> > There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally > just hung up.... He hasn't called back, probably too embarrassed > about forgetting the guarantee they made me.> > Bet he won't underestimate a blonde anymore!> > Blonde> Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Joyce, There's a good website www.medlineplus.gov

it's a government site with good information about illnesses and drugs

too.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Joyce wrote:

Jane,

I use the internet.

This is an FDA site: http://www.fda.gov/cder/offices/ods/medication_guides.htm

There is a link on

the homepage where you can go look drugs up.

I like to read the

stuff from the manufacturer, then other materials which are not so

pro-product.

To see a picture of

the pill etc. you can usually look it up under Google Image.

>

>

> Joyce,

>

> When you are looking up prescription drugs, are you looking them

up on

> the internet or do you have a book at home to look them up in? I

have

> two out-of-date drug books here at home. If there is something on

the

> internet, I think it would be more up to date. Thanks!

>

> Toodles!

>

> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1216 - Release Date: 1/9/2008 10:16 AM

Bruce... speaking of "big arms coming around to embrace"...

My Rosebud makes a great bed cushion. You know the kind that you put behind the back and sit between 'the arms'? Well, Rosebud has big arms that come around to embrace me. lol. Makes a great bed cushion! My kids think I've jumped a cog.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Joyce

Of course you can put foam between. Even could add air on top. But, find someway to turn it into your bed, not a hospital bed. I'd come decorate it for you right now, but you think its bad now, you don't even want to imagine how horrifying it might be if I "fixed it up." Besides it just needs something done that is personally comforting to you. Think of how bare and stark churches, chapels, and halls look before the wedding decorations start. Then they are turned into the places of dreams and memories. Well, our Queen deserves that. Oh, we need a throne designer. Can't you just see the high back of a Queen's throne and the big arms coming around to embrace her. You would think that for hospital beds they would have better mattresses. I thought when I was in ER I was going to need treatment for other injuries spending 7 1/2 hours on what felt like a board...and not even a good one. My butt went numb in the bend of the bed. > >> > Joyce, Sam's Club sells a memory foam pad that I have on all my beds.> > they are less than a hundred. and are sooooooo> > comfy. also if use a full size sheet they stay on the ends better.> > You just tuck in the long side a little further.> > Is it electric or does it have the crank?> > Wishing you sweet comfy sleep and lots of rest.> >> >> > Love and Prayers, Peggy> > ipf 6/04 Florida> > "Worry looks around,> > Sorry looks back,> > Faith looks up."> >>

• 2 weeks later...

Peggy,

That noise that you are hearing is your bottle. It is probably NOT high flow. The high flow bottles have a valve release to let the air escape. Mine have a tan lid. Does your bag that it came in say HF or high flow on it. I think they must have given you the wrong thing.

When I first got my HF concentrator I put one of my regular bottles on it and I got that steam release sound. It just pumps in too much air to pump out....hence the valve release.

Hugs, Joyce >> Yes it was inside but this one is reallllly LOUD and every few > seconds it sounds like air coming out of a hose or tire.> So out it went. It is so nice and quite now. You might know it is > going to go down to 35 or so tomorrow night so I guess it> will come back in for a few days..> > I will be praying for you as always but extra tomorrow. A friend goes > to Bible study on Thurs Mornings and then comes by after, we will > have prayer then also. I just know you will be so tired when you get > home. I hope you got your bed> just right. Did you get a pad?> > I'm thinkin maybe those girls need a good spanking..> > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04> > Worry looks around.> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.>

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG... The STUPID bottle is Green top. The guy put it on so I didn't see the bag. is going to take it off and see if it stops. Boy if it does I will have a hissssy fit on apria tomorrow.I am reallly tired of the poor service when it effects my LIFE.  Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

Well it still did the noise. We are thinking now it is because it is only on 4L and may need to be higher so the pop off valve doesn't have to release the pressure. We'll play with it tomorrow.Have a good sleep. you have a big day tomorrow.  Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.

Joyce, Were it that easy. Now you have me coughing......... LeanneJoyce wrote: Leanne, I don't feel like laughing tonight! I did not need a big ole coughing fit! I know that there is an abundance of specialty stores in Chicago, but where do you go to find a bag of

lungs??? Re: Feel free to bring a bag lungs, beverages will be provided. Love you, you nut! Joyce > >> > Hi all,> > > > Just wanted to pass this along. The University of Michigan is > starting up a support group.> > > > Leanne > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> How do I find out about this support group? date and time> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound,

and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

May,

Thank you for your response and kind heart. As this disease progresses, getting help seems to become more difficult. It is almost like all these medical people and suppliers are tired of dealing with us and just wish we would go on and die. They begin to treat you like you are not a real person. I know that older Americans face this every day. My sister is 73, very alert and active...yet, she says they dismiss her as though she is an imbecile.

I pray that your health care system will see to your needs. It is so different in each country.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> '''''I am so very tired. And a little scared. When I finished rehab > in August and began maintainence, I was walking 30 minutes on the > treadmill at 5L...plus other excersizes. A very few months later, I > can not walk 2 minutes. > > My whole life has changed. I don't drive, I barely get out of the > house at all. ''''' > > joyce i found this so articulate and i am so sorry this is happening to > you. you have mentioned before about a slide in your health but this > above brings it truly into sight how much things have changed for you. > its very hard to sometimes get from the posts when something major has > happened for someone. having problems from air suppliers is so morally > wrong. society as a whole just does not understand that chronic and > terminal illnesses are made so much worse by issues of medical and > bureaucratic incompetance. i totally agree with you about lungs in > general. people really dont have much sympathy. > > i dont know if you have heard of the uk soak 'coronation street'. one > of the characters 'vera duckworth' has just retired due to emphysema > after playing the role for 30 years and they just lost a huge > opportunity to promote o2 use and/or lung transplants in her final > storyline. liz dawn, the acress, used o2 but wasn't seen on screen > with it. my view is that she and/or the story liners didn't have the > courage to feature an issue that was crying out to be given some air > time. our soaps generally love airing issues too. transplants are big > news here in the uk too as the government is trying to change our > system from opt in to opt out and our new prime minister has came out > in favour. (his youngest son has mild cf).> > i personally feel any airing of any lung issue will help all of us and > soaps are the quickest way to get messages across. btw, i've just been > told by my 'active living - doctor referral' co-ordinator that i can't > bring my o2 to exercise class for health and safety reasons. they made > comment about deteriorating since first coming to them. i said this > wasn't so but that they need to get a plan in action and said they plan > to look at it. my consultant, respiratory nurse, doctor etc are not > going to be pleased when they hear this.> > may> uip 06.06, glasgow>