Welcome Jon! I am so sorry you had to find us under these conditions

but greatful that you found us! This is a wonderful, warming, great

support group! You will find everyone here with open arms! Dont

beat yourself up about the starting smoking think in 2006, the point

is you quit again, and that time wouldnt have caused it, its probably

been growing there for some time and thank the Lord you feel so

good! There are several here that feel good, off the top of my head

Brett B is feeling pretty good.

Ask your questions you will find a wealth of information here!

Congratulations on your marriage and all your courageous

accompolishments!

Sandie

>

> Hi folks,

> I'm new here, so be nice. How I got here is an amazing story in

> itself.

> About 6 weeks ago I found myself in ER with an attack of kidney

> stones. Not so unusual, given that I've had kidney stones before

and

> I've had kindeys all my life. When I followed up with my regular

> osteopath a week later she mentioned that the CT of my abdomen

showed

> some swollen lymph glands. She sent me to an oncologist. Part of

> his work up for lymphoma was to do a CT with contrast of my chest

and

> abdomen, as well as a PET scan. Just yesterday I found out that

the

> scans were negative for lymphoma, but that the CT of the chest

showed

> " moderate to severe pulmonary fibrosis " . The oncologist called my

> DO, and this Friday I have an appointment with a good pulmonologist.

> I'm 49. I smoked from the time I was 16 until 1987. I quit for

> many years, and started again in March of 2006, and quit in July of

> 2007. There was a lot of stress in my life during 2006...perhaps

> smoking again was something I should not have done.

> Symptoms? Dry cough and some annoying breathlessness when I do

> heavy lifting or running up a few flights of stairs. I'm 6-1, 270

> pounds, have a few controlled medical broblems and otherwise feel

> simply wonderful.

> I've been a critical care RN for over 25 years and am also an

> ordained Episcopal deacon. I'm a newlywed; Dawn and I have been

> married for 3 months. She's a social worker and student working on

> her PhD in Neuropsychological Traumatology. (Talk about your

obscure

> field of study!) Between us we have four adult children. We live

> with four cats and two Shelties.

> I'm also in recovery. Been clean and sober for 2-1/2 years.

I'm

> a survivor and an optimist with an outrageous and irreverent sense

of

> humor; I have been through crap I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

(if

> I had any) and through it all have learned that I am made of things

I

> never dreamed of.

> I look forward to learning here. Be good to each other.

> jon+

>

How about if we call you Jon A........since we already have a Jon. O.K. good, I knew you would agree.

Jon A, your sense of humor is going to be your best friend. You are in for a life and death fight. Coming here is a good thing. We learn so much from each other. And, we lean on each other. We will do our best to help you in any way that we can.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Hi folks,> I'm new here, so be nice. How I got here is an amazing story in > itself.> About 6 weeks ago I found myself in ER with an attack of kidney > stones. Not so unusual, given that I've had kidney stones before and > I've had kindeys all my life. When I followed up with my regular > osteopath a week later she mentioned that the CT of my abdomen showed > some swollen lymph glands. She sent me to an oncologist. Part of > his work up for lymphoma was to do a CT with contrast of my chest and > abdomen, as well as a PET scan. Just yesterday I found out that the > scans were negative for lymphoma, but that the CT of the chest showed > "moderate to severe pulmonary fibrosis". The oncologist called my > DO, and this Friday I have an appointment with a good pulmonologist.> I'm 49. I smoked from the time I was 16 until 1987. I quit for > many years, and started again in March of 2006, and quit in July of > 2007. There was a lot of stress in my life during 2006...perhaps > smoking again was something I should not have done.> Symptoms? Dry cough and some annoying breathlessness when I do > heavy lifting or running up a few flights of stairs. I'm 6-1, 270 > pounds, have a few controlled medical broblems and otherwise feel > simply wonderful.> I've been a critical care RN for over 25 years and am also an > ordained Episcopal deacon. I'm a newlywed; Dawn and I have been > married for 3 months. She's a social worker and student working on > her PhD in Neuropsychological Traumatology. (Talk about your obscure > field of study!) Between us we have four adult children. We live > with four cats and two Shelties.> I'm also in recovery. Been clean and sober for 2-1/2 years. I'm > a survivor and an optimist with an outrageous and irreverent sense of > humor; I have been through crap I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (if > I had any) and through it all have learned that I am made of things I > never dreamed of.> I look forward to learning here. Be good to each other.> jon+>

How about if we call you Jon A........since we already have a Jon. O.K. good, I knew you would agree. There's another Jon-with-no-h around here? Have mercy.

Actually, you can call me brud...short for brudder, a corruption of brother. That's what I go by on anAnglican email list...brud+ -- God is good; everything else is a lesson.

Hi Jon, You do have an interesting story and a pretty bride. I am so sorry you have the need of our group. I posted a smarty reply earlier. Sometimes I just can't help myself. Anyhow feel free to ask anything you want. When your screaming crying time comes we're here. Vent anyway you would like. We may be picking your brain too.Welcome. God Bless. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Hi folks,I'm new here, so be nice. How I got here is an amazing story in itself.About 6 weeks ago I found myself in ER with an attack of kidney stones. Not so unusual, given that I've had kidney stones before and I've had kindeys all my life. When I followed up with my regular osteopath a week later she mentioned that the CT of my abdomen showed some swollen lymph glands. She sent me to an oncologist. Part of his work up for lymphoma was to do a CT with contrast of my chest and abdomen, as well as a PET scan. Just yesterday I found out that the scans were negative for lymphoma, but that the CT of the chest showed "moderate to severe pulmonary fibrosis". The oncologist called my DO, and this Friday I have an appointment with a good pulmonologist.I'm 49. I smoked from the time I was 16 until 1987. I quit for many years, and started again in March of 2006, and quit in July of 2007. There was a lot of stress in my life during 2006...perhaps smoking again was something I should not have done.Symptoms? Dry cough and some annoying breathlessness when I do heavy lifting or running up a few flights of stairs. I'm 6-1, 270 pounds, have a few controlled medical broblems and otherwise feel simply wonderful.I've been a critical care RN for over 25 years and am also an ordained Episcopal deacon. I'm a newlywed; Dawn and I have been married for 3 months. She's a social worker and student working on her PhD in Neuropsychological Traumatology. (Talk about your obscure field of study!) Between us we have four adult children. We live with four cats and two Shelties.I'm also in recovery. Been clean and sober for 2-1/2 years. I'm a survivor and an optimist with an outrageous and irreverent sense of humor; I have been through crap I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (if I had any) and through it all have learned that I am made of things I never dreamed of.I look forward to learning here. Be good to each other.jon+

I'll vouch for Peggy (side note to Peggy...no one has to know you

bribed me). lol

>

> Hi folks,

> I'm new here, so be nice. How I got here is an amazing story in

> itself.

> About 6 weeks ago I found myself in ER with an attack of kidney

> stones. Not so unusual, given that I've had kidney stones before and

> I've had kindeys all my life. When I followed up with my regular

> osteopath a week later she mentioned that the CT of my abdomen

showed

> some swollen lymph glands. She sent me to an oncologist. Part of

> his work up for lymphoma was to do a CT with contrast of my chest

and

> abdomen, as well as a PET scan. Just yesterday I found out that the

> scans were negative for lymphoma, but that the CT of the chest

showed

> " moderate to severe pulmonary fibrosis " . The oncologist called my

> DO, and this Friday I have an appointment with a good pulmonologist.

> I'm 49. I smoked from the time I was 16 until 1987. I quit for

> many years, and started again in March of 2006, and quit in July of

> 2007. There was a lot of stress in my life during 2006...perhaps

> smoking again was something I should not have done.

> Symptoms? Dry cough and some annoying breathlessness when I do

> heavy lifting or running up a few flights of stairs. I'm 6-1, 270

> pounds, have a few controlled medical broblems and otherwise feel

> simply wonderful.

> I've been a critical care RN for over 25 years and am also an

> ordained Episcopal deacon. I'm a newlywed; Dawn and I have been

> married for 3 months. She's a social worker and student working on

> her PhD in Neuropsychological Traumatology. (Talk about your obscure

> field of study!) Between us we have four adult children. We live

> with four cats and two Shelties.

> I'm also in recovery. Been clean and sober for 2-1/2 years. I'm

> a survivor and an optimist with an outrageous and irreverent sense

of

> humor; I have been through crap I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

(if

> I had any) and through it all have learned that I am made of things

I

> never dreamed of.

> I look forward to learning here. Be good to each other.

> jon+

>

checks in the mail   ;) Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." I'll vouch for Peggy (side note to Peggy...no one has to know you bribed me). lol> > Hi folks,> I'm new here, so be nice. How I got here is an amazing story in> itself.> About 6 weeks ago I found myself in ER with an attack of kidney> stones. Not so unusual, given that I've had kidney stones before and> I've had kindeys all my life. When I followed up with my regular> osteopath a week later she mentioned that the CT of my abdomen showed> some swollen lymph glands. She sent me to an oncologist. Part of> his work up for lymphoma was to do a CT with contrast of my chest and> abdomen, as well as a PET scan. Just yesterday I found out that the> scans were negative for lymphoma, but that the CT of the chest showed> "moderate to severe pulmonary fibrosis". The oncologist called my> DO, and this Friday I have an appointment with a good pulmonologist.> I'm 49. I smoked from the time I was 16 until 1987. I quit for> many years, and started again in March of 2006, and quit in July of> 2007. There was a lot of stress in my life during 2006...perhaps> smoking again was something I should not have done.> Symptoms? Dry cough and some annoying breathlessness when I do> heavy lifting or running up a few flights of stairs. I'm 6-1, 270> pounds, have a few controlled medical broblems and otherwise feel> simply wonderful.> I've been a critical care RN for over 25 years and am also an> ordained Episcopal deacon. I'm a newlywed; Dawn and I have been> married for 3 months. She's a social worker and student working on> her PhD in Neuropsychological Traumatology. (Talk about your obscure> field of study!) Between us we have four adult children. We live> with four cats and two Shelties.> I'm also in recovery. Been clean and sober for 2-1/2 years. I'm> a survivor and an optimist with an outrageous and irreverent sense of> humor; I have been through crap I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (if> I had any) and through it all have learned that I am made of things I> never dreamed of.> I look forward to learning here. Be good to each other.> jon+>