RemedySpot.com

Illinois property tax exemption for Disabled

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is for only Illinois members that pay property tax. So all you others hit delete or next. Now that both of the Illinois members are reading this. LOLIllinois has passed a little know tax exemption for all disabled property owners. It will reduce you assessed value by $2,000. Which means 20 times your tax rate per $100 assessment. In my case 20 X $8.00 per $100 or about $160 off my tax bill. It goes into effect for the bill due in June of 2008 but you have to sign up for it by the end of January 08 I took in my "Benefit Amount form for 2007" from SSI to our tax assessor office and it took about 5 minutes to have them fill out the necessary form.Well worth the time.I also took in my Benefit form for 2008 and did both years at the same time. Will not have to do it till 2009 for the bill in 2010. If I Make it that long LOLIf you need more

help about this just give your Assessor office a call, some time I don't explain thing well P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.