RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Liquid 02

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce...how did your first night with "bed partners" go? I hope the cpap didn't keep you awake adjusting.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Liquid 02

Gwynne/Joyce/Others...Oh yes, could all be easier. Caire (competitor to Puritan /Helios) actually uses battery gauge for amount remaining. Fish scale for life dependent system....oh why oh why. Anything below 1/4 on mine and you're in danger zone. Oh and Helios Plus bleeds out faster than any of them.....now why the smallest bleeds the fastest, who knows.And filling....ok.....don't forget to hold down with this hand....and lever with this one....but don't let up on tank until after lever and meanwhile listen for the sound.....I make sure I turn tv off before I start. But still I'm so happy with my new setup and with my supplier (thanks to recommendation of very special lady). In fact, they were by today to set up CPAP. Again, so nice and so professional. Also for some of those mentioning freezes when out and about. Helios and Marathon do need to be in cases designed for them. They need to be able to vent (like all of us I guess). Now just have to trade my Plus for a Marathon....they're going to with no problem....then figure out how to get second. Will do so even if I have to buy one. As back up if nothing else I'll get a reconditioned one. Wouldn't want as primary but ok as backup. Maybe even a Companion 1000 instead...who knows. Delivery guy today just couldn't believe that company was having someone keep concentrator because would have to deliver too often and weren't just putting two liquid reservoirs. Oh, but the liquid in street and car exploding one pushed him into total disbelief. lol> >> > Babs,> > YYYEEEESSS, I do love puppy breath!!!> >> > Gingerbread Judy,> > Thanks for the priceless mental image of you> > in a pile of cookies and crumbs. Hey, whatever> > it takes to get some sleep!> >> > P,> > You're at 8.5L, but do you get to turn that down> > a bit when you're sitting? If so, the Companion> > will last longer. Mine's at 10-15 when I'm walking> > or moving around, but I normally turn it down to> > 4-6 when I'm seated. If I'm not walking around> > a museum or shopping, the Companion will> > usually last me 1.5 -2 hours. You'll learn more> > about how long yours will last with your lifestyle> > as you go along. Just don't put too much trust> > in the fish-scale type gauge on the Companion> > that measures how much 02 is left - it isn't> > very accurate, and it's better to fill a little earlier> > than you think you need than to run out and> > get in a pickle.> > This is important: if you have a Companion on a> > high flow at the end of its usage time (and it> > doesn't take that long), the tubing tends to freeze> > to the portable. Because of this, ALWAYS carry an> > extra cannula, because when this happens, you> > won't be able to get the tubing off the tank until> > it thaws out. Twice I've actually broken off the> > tip of frozen tubing trying to pull it off.> >> > If you fill a Companion in the morning, you won't> > get much evaporation if you want to use it later> > in the day. (I actually think the Marathons bleed out> > more quickly. They also take longer to fill, which I> > think is weird.) But if you wait until the next day,> > you'll need to top it off again. As Bruce said,> > it's best to fill around 30 minutes before you> > use it, leaving it sitting on an open counter or> > somewhere besides an enclosed bag while it settles.> > After it's used and empty, the inside of it will be> > frosty, and it will puddle up wherever you leave> > it. So unless it's near a sink, it's good to set it> > on a small towel or bag.> > Hope this helps.> >> > Joyce,> > I have the same frustrations as you with getting> > the high flow humidifiers to fit on airtight so the> > 02 will flow. They're maddening!!!!!!! I also have> > to put doubled-over handtowels between the> > humidifiers and the reservoirs (I have 2 Y'd together)> > in order to get them not to make a spitting noise> > when they're set on anything higher than 6.> > As to your other point, when a portable stops filling> > halfway through, it's usually because you aren't> > pushing down hard enough. When it freezes to> > the mother ship or spews out the bottom, it's> > typically because you have overfilled it. You> > have to be ridiculously attuned to recognizing> > the noise it makes when it's time to yank it off the> > reservoir. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. It does seem like there's> > a conspiracy against us.> >> > Hugs,> > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> >>