RemedySpot.com

Re: hello everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tina...I'm much older than you but transplant is not an option for me either. I too feel a sense of relief.

I think of you and Kaleb often.

warm hugs to you both.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

hello everyone

Hello all. I have been busy reading all the posts, but haven't replied much. I have been consumed with my doctors, etc. I am officially "withdrawn" from the transplant evaluation and listing. My heart problems, my antigen count, my own perspective...all played a role in the decision. Transplant is not going to be an option for me. I am not disappointed, but rather, I am relieved to a degree. I slept for many hours yesterday as the news really hit me. I guess the stress relief was what I needed. I am thankful for each and every day that I have and I am glad that I am still able to do so many things. I know there will come a day when I will not be so lucky, and I will face those days "head on". I am especially thankful for this group and how caring everyone is. Next week I see a neurologist at Cleveland Clinic and then on to the sleep study! I am almost certain I will then be equipped with a CPAP too.God Bless,TinaIPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio

Bruce.... I'm being nosey here...do you have any family member you are close to? I know is your closest but what about family?

Re: hello everyone

Sorry you're withdrawn but glad you do seem at peace with that. There may still be times you don't feel that way so feel free to vent your anger here during those times. While I pray for all those needing and good candidates for transplants, those I care so much for, its also not for us all, either by medical condition or other factors. I feel so far away from the need (although the doctors do make it clear thats not the case with me) that its hard for me to know how I feel for me. I'm just going to learn and see. Sometimes theres a part who wants it and sometimes theres a part that hopes they say quickly i'm not a candidate and save me the ups and downs and having to decide on my own. Mainly, in your case, I'm so glad to see a sense of comfort, control, and life in your post that hasn't been there sometimes. I know it will come and go, but i'm confident you'll bounce back from each down. I'd say also that while we are able to do more than many here we have an obligation to ourselves and i feel in some way an obligation to them as well to make the most of what we can do. I know doing otherwise would be letting myself down. But, I also am inspired by the others and how can I look those in the face who would so give anything to be able to still do what i can if I don't take advantage of my current condition. As a student of those wiser and more experienced here, I owe my teachers my best. My lung hurts but still I had a good day today. I intend to have a good day tomorrow. It may not happen, but then I'll be determined the next day. I laugh as I think all those years I would sit in my recliner semi-conscious and in some ways dead. The waste of my health. Well, I went to Tulsa last week and had fulfillment I can't describe. I will be in San . I can't depend on meeting next year or the year after. Hopefully, I will, but not taking that chance. I'm going to a concert in a few weeks here. I'm going to the zoos if we ever again have three decent days in a row. I'm planning and prioritizing every thing I really want to do. And, I'm not putting it off. I can't say how it would feel to have this and a son Kaleb's age. I know its tough and scary, but then I'm also jealous as can be when I hear what an adorable boy you have. Oh, and all the moments to come you'll still treasure with him and he with you. I don't know how long it will be nor does anyone ever. But, I'm betting one thing, valuing each day as you never have, you and Kaleb will share times and a closeness and true connection that in today's world is so extremely rare. I see the depth of your feelings for each other in a world where many parents and kids never truly even know each other. There's a saying in professional poker circles that "The Champions aren't those who get the best hands. They are the ones who play the bad ones the best." The champions steal the pot even when they have the worst hands. We sure have lots of champions here.>> Hello all. I have been busy reading all the posts, but haven't > replied much. I have been consumed with my doctors, etc. I am > officially "withdrawn" from the transplant evaluation and listing. My > heart problems, my antigen count, my own perspective...all played a > role in the decision. Transplant is not going to be an option for > me. I am not disappointed, but rather, I am relieved to a degree. I > slept for many hours yesterday as the news really hit me. I guess the > stress relief was what I needed. I am thankful for each and every day > that I have and I am glad that I am still able to do so many things. > I know there will come a day when I will not be so lucky, and I will > face those days "head on". I am especially thankful for this group > and how caring everyone is. > Next week I see a neurologist at Cleveland Clinic and then on to the > sleep study! I am almost certain I will then be equipped with a CPAP > too.> God Bless,> > Tina> IPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio>

Tina... I hope all is proceeding well with Ebby (is that right?) re: the divorce. CYA girl and Kalebs too.

Where in Oregon was your daughter? It is beautiful here. I never tire of the trees and the dozens of green shades.

Take care!

hello everyone> > > Hello all. I have been busy reading all the posts, but haven't > replied much. I have been consumed with my doctors, etc. I am > officially "withdrawn" from the transplant evaluation and listing. My > heart problems, my antigen count, my own perspective...all played a > role in the decision. Transplant is not going to be an option for > me. I am not disappointed, but rather, I am relieved to a degree. I > slept for many hours yesterday as the news really hit me. I guess the > stress relief was what I needed. I am thankful for each and every day > that I have and I am glad that I am still able to do so many things. > I know there will come a day when I will not be so lucky, and I will > face those days "head on". I am especially thankful for this group > and how caring everyone is. > Next week I see a neurologist at Cleveland Clinic and then on to the > sleep study! I am almost certain I will then be equipped with a CPAP > too.> God Bless,> > Tina> IPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio>