RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Jim/reality check

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Babs.......I spent 6 months in San in 1965-66. Medic training with the Army at Ft Sam Houston. I kind of liked it (Texas, that is). The only thing that stands out in my memory...some weird liqueur laws. You could't buy a drink, but you could carry a bottle of booze into a restaurant, set it on the table and buy a glass with mixer (coke, soda, whatever) for about $3.......and sit there and pour drinks at your table.......never could figure the logic behind that one. I am on O2 now.........a big issue, actually. I'm trying to get a doc to work with me to set the level......my concentrator goes to 3 plus an oxymized, the portable goes to 6 intermittent. Both wide open.....think I need more because my sats drop to 78-80 whenever I do anything. I talked to a GP here and he thinks that because I recover quickly, up to 91-92 within a minute, that just goes with the territory. He has a call in to my

pulmo. If I understand what I hear from folks here.....I don't want it going that low at all. No OZ this year. When I'm sitting firmly atop the pity pot I start thinking I'll never see it again. I think, I think I could get there, but do so much traveling while there that I don't know how I'd keep my tanks filled. says that Qantas is very good to work with. But it is 22 hours flying from here.......13-14- alone from LA to Sydney. NEVER SAY NEVER .. I'll see if I can find some pix....have to wait until daughter gets home to put them on the 'puter...b-ball road trip, because neither of us know how to use it. jim IPF 05 alaskaBarbara wrote: Jim, it's ok, we're used to all the Texas jokes. There was an elderlygentleman on the other board I belong to, from Seattle area, and hewas always giving me a hard time about Texas. He had been stationednear Lubbock during WWII and thought he had been sent to hell.And I shouldn't have been so quick with the nyah, nyah, nyah on theweather, 'cuz it's now 49 and raining..... :)Our part of Texas is not so bad. We have hills, trees, rivers andcreeks and lakes. Actually a nice place for most of the year. You DONOT want to be here in July or August, and sometimes most ofSeptember. Hot as Hades and humid. We try to get away to Northern Califor at least a week or two in August just so we can be outdoors

andbreathe. Did I mention the bugs in Texas???? Or the venomous snakes???Or the cactus, the tornadoes, and the poisonous spiders???? Thetourist board wouldn't want me working for them....LOL! If I had knownabout the snakes and scorpions before I moved here I wouldn't havemoved here...... :)Australia is my hubby's dream vacation. My older Sis was there severalyears ago for 3 weeks and had the best time. We have a friend in NewZealand, in the wine business, and he's always telling us to visit. I lived in Eastern Oregon for 3 years in my teens, and wouldcheerfully move back to La Grande at a moment's notice if not for myfamily here in Texas. La Grande actually has 4 distinct seasons.Rather like a Norman Rockwell painting there.....I'm originally from California and adore the northern part. I can'thandle the cold anymore though. I have Raynaud's and have to stay warm.It's nice that you have the support of family and

friends. I'm sureyou've been there for them just as often in the past and they'reprobably very happy to aid you now in any way. It's all about the giveand take, and I have a feeling you were the "giver" in the past.While I can no longer help my family out physically, I try to help inother ways. I bake for them, am the family "psychologist", and love togive them all trinkets and things that I find on my forays for jewelryand stuff to sell on ebay. I think the womenfolk are rather sick ofjewelry by now...if that's possible! LOL!This disease may take our breath away but it can't have our hearts andsouls. Will you be going to Australia this year? Are you on O2? Have youposted any pics from your trips?Hope you're warm today!Big Hugs from the Lone Star StateBabs in Driftwood>> Babs......Oh, I don't mind...I talked to my friend in Australia onChristmas and it was in the 80s. That's why we like going there,usually in Feb or March. Cold here.......but so, so nice there. Therehave been times when I'd be there and not wear shoes for a month (justdon't walk in the tall grass, eh ). In fact my wife got out one ofour videos last night from our last trip in 2006....blue sky,sunshine, warm, blue ocean water, watermelon, etc.......and I canpromise...not once in 30 days did I give thought to the "paradise"we'd left behind. > > Thanx for the kind words. And you are right, I know that virtuallyeveryone here has experienced these things. I think that's one of thereasons I write about these thoughts, knowing everyone "gets it". Whatcould I offer them?? Hot chocolate, coffee, sandwiches, money, howabout my first born?? I have to be

careful because my bro-in-law isAlaska Native and it would be very easy to offend him. You're right, Iam just so thankful.> > I am not Native, been here 23 years. Came from Wash State, nearPortland, Or. "Here" is the south, west coast, Bristol Bay, thelargest sockeye salmon fishery on the planet. Sitka is probably almosta thousand miles from here. So, how's your sense of humor?? Youmention that it's 60 degrees...my response, being the sicko, boasting,Bush Alaskan that I am, would be......yeah, butit's............it's....................Texas. OHHHHHHHHHH, I knowthat's going to get me in deep doo-doo with all the Texans on theboard. Oh well, it'll get my mind off the cold. Thanx again, Babs.> > jim IPF 05> alaska>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.