RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Any engineer, inventer types on here?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It really would not be that hard to make a remote to do this as long as you do not need to know the exact value of oxygen delivered. You could use a remote from a model airplane and a servo motor. The cost would be in the $200 range. Adding the ability to have accurate display on the remote could be very expensive, in the thousands. So there is hope :)

To: Breathe-Support From: zeasman@...Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:25:13 +0000Subject: Re: Any engineer, inventer types on here?

Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time! Perhaps I should just employ someone to turn it up and down for me then!

Love Ze xx>> Zena,> I see what you are saying unfortunately there is a small problem. Your> condensor has a built in pressure releif valve so if the resistance> increases it stops producing oxygen until the pressure returns to normal> and mine produces an alarm telling me something is wrong. If, for what> ever reason, you are lucky enough to not have that happen on your> machine then you need to understand that increasing resitance, i.e. a> valve in the tubing, puts more pressure on the diaphram mechanism of the> consentrator causing to overheat easier and to wear out sooner. Small> changes, half liter, might work but any more than that will not be a> good thing for your concentrator. I wish I had better news on the idea> :(> > Jeff> Folicular bronchiolis/bronchilitis obliterans/ paralized right diaphram/> 05/ Salt Lake City> > Any engineer, inventer types on here?> > > > > Having started a convo about various sat levels, and remembering an> earlier one about remote control O2 levels, I've been thinking. What I> need in the absence of remote controls or hovering O2 cannisters is a> flow regulator attached to my tubing somewhere near me, rather than> having to get up to my condenser to alter it, by which time, if I'm> turning it up, my sats have already dropped. Also, my condenser is> downstairs, my bed is upstairs, usually I ask Rob to turn me down in> about half an hour, go upstairs, get ready for bed, get tucked in, lay> there wondering if Rob has remembered me or got ingrossed in a film, get> out of bed, shout down for him to 'do' me and by the time I'm back in> bed, my sats are down again.> > If someone could invent some sort of valve that is small and> lightweight, that can be connected to the tube, that would really be a> help. > > Oh, and if you do, I'd like some of the proceeds for coming up with the> idea :D <http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif> > > Love Ze xx>

One of our members has a brother I think it is that has come up with a remote but it is still being tested "I think"I am pretty sure it is L's brother or maybe bro.-in -law. I have a little valve that connects between the cannula and hose. It works well for 2 to 3 L flow. You can see it on www.softhose.com That is where I order my cannulas from. I can't use it now but I did for a while. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." It really would not be that hard to make a remote to do this as long as you do not need to know the exact value of oxygen delivered. You could use a remote from a model airplane and a servo motor. The cost would be in the $200 range. Adding the ability to have accurate display on the remote could be very expensive, in the thousands. So there is hope :)To: Breathe-Support From: zeasmanbtinternetDate: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:25:13 +0000Subject: Re: Any engineer, inventer types on here?Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!  Perhaps I should just employ someone to turn it up and down for me then!Love Ze xx>> Zena,> I see what you are saying unfortunately there is a small problem. Your> condensor has a built in pressure releif valve so if the resistance> increases it stops producing oxygen until the pressure returns to normal> and mine produces an alarm telling me something is wrong. If, for what> ever reason, you are lucky enough to not have that happen on your> machine then you need to understand that increasing resitance, i.e. a> valve in the tubing, puts more pressure on the diaphram mechanism of the> consentrator causing to overheat easier and to wear out sooner. Small> changes, half liter, might work but any more than that will not be a> good thing for your concentrator. I wish I had better news on the idea> :(> > Jeff> Folicular bronchiolis/bronchilitis obliterans/ paralized right diaphram/> 05/ Salt Lake City> > Any engineer, inventer types on here?> > > > > Having started a convo about various sat levels, and remembering an> earlier one about remote control O2 levels, I've been thinking. What I> need in the absence of remote controls or hovering O2 cannisters is a> flow regulator attached to my tubing somewhere near me, rather than> having to get up to my condenser to alter it, by which time, if I'm> turning it up, my sats have already dropped. Also, my condenser is> downstairs, my bed is upstairs, usually I ask Rob to turn me down in> about half an hour, go upstairs, get ready for bed, get tucked in, lay> there wondering if Rob has remembered me or got ingrossed in a film, get> out of bed, shout down for him to 'do' me and by the time I'm back in> bed, my sats are down again.> > If someone could invent some sort of valve that is small and> lightweight, that can be connected to the tube, that would really be a> help. > > Oh, and if you do, I'd like some of the proceeds for coming up with the> idea :D <http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif> > > Love Ze xx>