body

> go's into a starvation mode. so everything you eat turns into fat. if

> you start eatting more regular 3 meals or 6 small meals with snacks,

> you will lose weight better....i know,, easier said than done! i need

> to practice what i am preaching!!....have a nice day. and i hope this

> little bit of information makes sense to you!...oh yeah you have to

> watch your portion size!

>

It's to do with keeping your metabolism going. It works at it's optimum if you put something in your system every 3-4 hours. If you don't keep 'topped up' your body assumes that food is scarce and stores the nutrients and fats for later. Our bodies are still in 'hunter-gatherer' mode where humans may go for stretches without food. The other thing of importance, especially to us whose systems are compromised anyway, is that if you don't eat enough your body will take nutrients from organs before it takes from stored fats. (See, I know the science! Shame I'm not to good at putting into practice.) Something else that I find interesting is that a majority of your calorie requirement is for the running of your brain. It needs about 1000 calories just to run our bodies. This is why crash diets of less than 1000 calories per day are dangerous for anyone. Unfortunately you can't increase your brains calorie requirement by doing extra hard crosswords!

Love Ze xx> >> > i was told by a dietican that if you don't eat regularly that your > body > > go's into a starvation mode. so everything you eat turns into fat. if > > you start eatting more regular 3 meals or 6 small meals with snacks, > > you will lose weight better....i know,, easier said than done! i need > > to practice what i am preaching!!....have a nice day. and i hope this > > little bit of information makes sense to you!...oh yeah you have to > > watch your portion size!> >>