RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: More Juice Questions.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Leah

Juices are OK at any stage as long as they're diluted and whether your body tolerates them. Whether your body is ready for pineapple juice is something you'll know by it's reaction. Four days into SCD seems a bit early for something as sweet and fibrous as pineapple, but since you don't have UC your body might tolerate it OK. Just make sure your juices are well-diluted for at least the first year on SCD.

I deal with upper GI pain and constipation all the time. My stomach has become ultra-sensitive; nausea is constant (my disorders are functional, and involve digestive motility). So I can sympathize. I never had stomach or RUQ pain from die-off, it is always triggered by a food, drink or supplement. Die-off pain was always just fatigue, aching joints, headaches, dizziness at times, increased constipation, and bladder pain/urinary frequency since I have interstitial cystitis.

You need to expect a lot of ups and downs during the first year on SCD, especially during the first month or two when you're working out what foods your body will tolerate the best, and you discover all the hidden illegals that are causing difficulties. I found that although taking two medications for constipation I still had episodes of severe constipation off and on during that first year on SCD. I'm guessing it's connected to detoxing and healing.

Eventually things level off and I finally had my digestion as stable as it can get.

There's no other way but trial and error I'm afraid. Each of us has different foods and drinks that our bodies tolerate the best. You'll need to move slowly; add one food at a time every few days or even just once a week so you can have a better idea of what the problem is when your body reacts. Pay attention to your body's signals so you won't overdo something it's not handling well. And remember you have to test each food as if you've never had it before, since you can't predict how it will react during the detoxing and healing phases. Also pay attention to your supplements, and look for hidden additives and illegals -- these can affect your body as well.

Keep asking questions. There's a lot to learn in the first few months on SCD.

Oh, I use Miralax for constipation. It's an osmotic laxative, basically a stool-softener, and is safe over the long-term. I also take extra magnesium. And I keep water enemas on hand for the really bad times.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, GP, IBS-C 4+ years

several neurological disorders 2+ years

"faulty gait mechanics" 6 months

Miralax, Phenergan, Xanax, B12 injections

>>>>>>>>>>>

Is it okay to include pineapple juice in stage 1? I have been on the diet for four days, yesterday I introduced pear sauce. I am also having a hard time determining where my stomach pain is coming from. I can't tell if it is from the die-off because I was initially feeling ill, but now after I ate I am having a little bit of stomach pain. Did anybody have stomach pain after eating at first? Another thing is difficulty with constipation, I've only gone once since starting the diet. It was one of my problems before I started to watch what I ate. Right before going on the diet I was at my healthiest in months and was going regularly so I'm wondering if this is die off? If anyone could help clear some of these mysteries up, I would be very grateful!Thanks,LeahCeliac since '01Scd since 02/24/08