RemedySpot.com

Re: i am so ashamed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tammy, Don't be so hard on yourself. There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain. I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I still gain weight. Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!! I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!! Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis. I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week. My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!! Didn't help me feel any better, though. This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days. I know

from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up. Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better. Hang in there and I am here if you need an ear!! CaroTammy S wrote: i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed

my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Tammy... you said your internet was shutting down so I don't know if you will see this or not.

If so, please don't be so hard on yourself! I'm a big woman too and my eating is not the problem...it's exercise! I barely move around...either it's the arthritis that keeps my frozen joints from moving (very painful) or it's fibromyalgia. I've had a chronic pain problem for close to 10 years and have gradually gained weight because of inactivity and now add sob (more reason I can't exercise)to the mix and I don't lose weight. We're all different. I do know one thing, when we are larger women, it doesn't matter what the cause, we are treated as though our weight is the only issue! Like we have no self-discipline. I hate it.

When I'm sob, I've had people tell me if I'd lose weight it would help. True enough. But it's not the reason I'm sob!!

I really don't even care anymore what I weigh...within reason for me...I'm tired of "fighting" anything or anyone at any time.

Hugs to you.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Tammy,

Don't be so hard on yourself. There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain. I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I still gain weight. Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!! I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!! Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis. I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week. My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!! Didn't help me feel any better, though. This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days. I know from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up. Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better.

Hang in there and I am here if you need an ear!!

CaroTammy S <tammycub> wrote:

i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

You are SOOO right Mama-Sher!!! SOB definitely contributes to not being able to exercise. I used to do all the Tai-Bo workouts and the aerobics and the Total Gym, the whole 9 yards. Now I cough so much I can barely get in a walk even 1/2 mile a day. So frustrating!! Maybe they can develop a miracle pill that will actually do what the commercials say "Lose weight while you sleep. No exercise required!!!" I am still waiting for that one!! LOL!!! Caro Sher Bauman wrote: Tammy... you said your internet was shutting down so I don't know if you will see this or not. If so, please don't be so hard on yourself! I'm a big woman too and my eating is not the problem...it's exercise! I barely move around...either it's the arthritis that keeps my frozen joints from moving (very painful) or it's fibromyalgia. I've had a chronic pain problem for close to 10 years and have gradually gained weight because of inactivity and now add sob (more reason I can't exercise)to the mix and I don't lose weight. We're all different. I do know one thing, when we are larger women, it doesn't matter what the cause, we are treated as though our weight is the only issue! Like we have no self-discipline. I hate it. When I'm sob, I've had people tell me if I'd lose weight it would help. True enough. But it's not the reason I'm sob!! I really don't even care anymore what I weigh...within reason for me...I'm tired of "fighting" anything or anyone at any time. Hugs to you. Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: i am so ashamed Tammy, Don't be so hard on yourself. There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain. I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I still gain weight. Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!! I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!! Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis. I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my

lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week. My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!! Didn't help me feel any better, though. This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days. I know from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up. Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better. Hang in there and I am here if you need an ear!! CaroTammy S <tammycub> wrote: i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained

28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Tammy, please do not be ashamed of your weight. Those of us who have

gained weight due to the prednisone use, or inactivity due to no

breath left to walk, we understand. Everyone else can go to Hades.

I'm in shape...ROUND is a SHAPE!!!

Talk to the doctor or a nutritionist. Rule out any medical problems

other than PF. And just remember, no one else is living your life, and

if someone judges you over your weight then they have bricks for brains.

Your sister in the Round....

Babs in Texas

>

> i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw

> them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i

> gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i

> give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to

> loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.

>

I once didn't really understand much about weight. I then was married

to a great woman with a weight problem and observed, felt and

educated myself. I still am amazed at the ignorance and lack of

consideration of much of the medical community. Fortunately a small

percent is slowly learning that all their theories have been false.

If it was strictly calories, many wouldn't have the problem. So, they

said fat and as a country we each less fat and are heavier than ever.

Weight medicine is where mental health was 15 years ago. Finally just

starting to understand the chemicals our bodies produce and a few of

the issues. But its hard for so many to admit how wrong they've been

and how inconsiderate they've been toward those struggling.

If any of their other theories were right, then when I lost 40 pounds

on a low carb diet while averaging 3000 calories per day and not

exercising would have been impossible. How much more there is to

learn. Serotonin, insulin, so many chemicals our body and brain

produce we've yet to figure out. If its calories or fat, why do meds

impact it. Ah, chemical imbalances.

No one should be ashamed of their weight. I know that no one chooses

to be overweight. Most persons overweight have tried every diet,

every plan imaginable (thats why its the largest most profitable

aspect of over the counter medications and we have all the different

clinics making millions). Bariatric surgery was fought by the

insurers and still often is, in spite of the risks of the weight.

So, as someone who is a bit overweight but has never had the battle

many of you do, I do know one thing. No one can ever understand the

pain or the battle that those with weight problems deal with if they

haven't been there. By loving someone fighting them I came as close

as possible. But, still its like our families trying to understand

PF. If you're not there, you can only partially get it.

So, all I can do is say I do understand its more difficult than I can

understand, but I would never look down on a person because of their

weight. In fact, I'd feel some of their pain, knowing what i do about

it.

> >

> > i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time

i saw

> > them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed

350,,,,i

> > gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my

eating....i

> > give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to

> > loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.

> >

>

Tammy,

Please, please, please don't be ashamed. We can't make room for shame in our lives. There are more important things to do. I really think it's less about eating anyway and more about exercise. At least that's my experience. And since it's so difficult to exercise, it's that much more difficult to control our weight. Add to that medication, anxiety, depression etc and it's a recipe for the body I've got. I do my best Tammy and so do you. One day at a time we do our best. You are not alone. I don't know when you'll get this since you were due to have your phone shut off but please know you are loved just the way you are!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."

i am so ashamed

i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that' s it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.

Caro... I spend some time trying to figure out "things happen for a reason", which I do believe. I'm stuck here though. Multiple health problems, weight issue, IPf and more (I'm talking about all of us) So many things all at one time. I've stopped asking God, "What am I to learn from this trial?" One day I will know.

Yeah, wouldn't it be something to take a pill, go to sleep and wake up 10 pounds lighter? Another pill, another 10 pounds! lol

I cough only occasionally now. When first dx I coughed a lot. Especially in the morning.

I'm sorry your coughing is so severe.

Take care of you.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Tammy,

Don't be so hard on yourself. There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain. I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I still gain weight. Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!! I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!! Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis. I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week. My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!! Didn't help me feel any better, though. This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days. I know from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up. Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better.

Hang in there and I am here if you need an ear!!

CaroTammy S <tammycub> wrote:

i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Right on, Beth. So well put. 6 years ago when I was trying to quit smoking and the process had gone on for a year I had a doctor tell me, "gee whiz Jim, you're going to stroke out from all the stress you are bringing on yourself". Was he condoning my smoking....Heck no.... a simple reality check. There are worse things than smoking or being overweight !!! I do not propose being complacent, but we need to "like" ourselves at the same time!!!!! jim IPF 05 alaska Beth wrote: Tammy, Please, please, please don't be ashamed. We can't make room for shame in our lives. There are more important things to do. I really think it's less about eating anyway and more about exercise. At least that's my experience. And since it's so difficult to exercise, it's that much more difficult to control our weight. Add to that medication, anxiety, depression etc and it's a recipe for the body I've got. I do my best Tammy and so do you. One day at a time we do our best. You are not alone. I don't know when you'll get this since you were due to have your phone shut off but please know you are loved just the way you are! Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 "For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."

i am so ashamed i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that' s it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

(((Tammy))) Don't be too hard on yourself. You've given up smoking, there's bound to be some weight gain for a start. At the moment concentrate on eating healthily. Make sure you're getting your 5 fruit and veg a day and cut down on the amount of fat you eat.>> i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw > them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i > gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i > give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to > loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.>

Oh Tammy give yourself credit where it is due! Most people and I mean

most people gain weight when you quit smoking. Give yourself some time

and just add some small steps to your daily task.

I always tell the doctors how is I am supposed to exercise when Idont

have enough energy to get out of bed? Hangi n there we are all right

here for you!

Sandie

>

> i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i

saw

> them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i

> gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my

eating....i

>

I have an appointment with the pulmo doc on Thursday. I was reading one of the posts (forget which one) but someone said something about Vicodin relieving pain as well as cough? Did I read that correctly? If so, I am definitely going to ask my doc on Thursday. Every time I cough, it is the same thing. I hold my side and it is just knife-stabbing. The day before yesterday, my daughter came over with the grandsons and she nearly has flu and bronchitis and now my chest is burning and I fear I am getting that, too, plus I have been sneezing all day and for some reason, I just cannot stop crying today. This is the first time I have actually "cried" about this disease. I think what tipped it was that I read an article from about UIP/IPF which said 10 out of 60 people studied died within 30 days following lung biopsy and most people with UIP/IPF have a median survival rate of 2.8 years. Just hit me hard the thought that I

may not get to see my 2-year-old grandson start kindergarten. Guess, I need to get out of the "woe is me world" and just move on. Tomorrow will be a better day. As you all say, God is already there. I so thank God for this group. You all mean so much to me. Caro Sher Bauman wrote: Caro... I spend some time trying to figure out "things happen for a

reason", which I do believe. I'm stuck here though. Multiple health problems, weight issue, IPf and more (I'm talking about all of us) So many things all at one time. I've stopped asking God, "What am I to learn from this trial?" One day I will know. Yeah, wouldn't it be something to take a pill, go to sleep and wake up 10 pounds lighter? Another pill, another 10 pounds! lol I cough only occasionally now. When first dx I coughed a lot. Especially in the morning. I'm sorry your coughing is so severe. Take care of you. Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about

tomorrow, God is already there! Re: i am so ashamed Tammy, Don't be so hard on yourself. There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain. I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I

still gain weight. Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!! I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!! Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis. I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week. My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!! Didn't help me feel any better, though. This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days. I know from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up. Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better. Hang in there

and I am here if you need an ear!! CaroTammy S <tammycub> wrote: i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Caro, Lordy I hope 2.8 is wrong. I am 3 1/2 years since dx. I feel good breathing sucks but I feel good sitting anddoing only things I need to do. Thank God for my Husband and my lap top. We have all had the FACE IT days. They do pass when you decide you WILL be here to enjoy that grandbaby for just exactly as long as God has intended you too. None of us know but we get the most out of the days we do have. I am sorry you are having this hurt. I love you. Take care of you. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. I have an appointment with the pulmo doc on Thursday.  I was reading one of the posts (forget which one) but someone said something about Vicodin relieving pain as well as cough?  Did I read that correctly?  If so, I am definitely going to ask my doc on Thursday.  Every time I cough, it is the same thing.  I hold my side and it is just knife-stabbing.  The day before yesterday, my daughter came over with the grandsons and she nearly has flu and bronchitis and now my chest is burning and I fear I am getting that, too, plus I have been sneezing all day and for some reason, I just cannot stop crying today.  This is the first time I have actually "cried" about this disease.  I think what tipped it was that I read an article from about UIP/IPF which said 10 out of 60 people studied died within 30 days following lung biopsy and most people with UIP/IPF have a median survival rate of 2.8 years.  Just hit me hard the thought that I may not get to see my 2-year-old grandson start kindergarten.  Guess, I need to get out of the "woe is me world" and just move on.  Tomorrow will be a better day.  As you all say, God is already there.  I so thank God for this group.  You all mean so much to me. CaroSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote:Caro... I spend some time trying to figure out "things happen for a reason", which I do believe. I'm stuck here though. Multiple health problems, weight issue, IPf and more (I'm talking about all of us) So many things all at one time. I've stopped asking God, "What am I to learn from this trial?" One day I will know.Yeah, wouldn't it be something to take a pill, go to sleep and wake up 10 pounds lighter? Another pill, another 10 pounds! lolI cough only occasionally now. When first dx I coughed a lot. Especially in the morning.I'm sorry your coughing is so severe.Take care of you.Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: i am so ashamedTammy, Don't be so hard on yourself.  There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain.  I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I still gain weight.  Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!!  I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!!  Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis.  I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week.  My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!!  Didn't help me feel any better, though.  This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days.  I know from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up.  Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better.  Hang in there and I am here if you need an ear!! CaroTammy S <tammycub> wrote:i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06MississippiNever miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06MississippiNever miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06MississippiBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

As someone with a form of the shortest anticipated lifespan (3.2

years is the statistic I know for my type only so don't take it

general) I use that only for two things. One, I got my affairs in

order and planned how I would prefer to deal with each stage. Once

that was done, no more thought on it. Two, I use it to focus on

living now.

I intend to live much longer but who knows anything. I can't control

that. But, I do use the fact that my time to be active is limited as

an incentive. My method is just my own, but I've decided to treat

each year as if it will be my last at that stage. So, 2008, I'm

entering as if its the last year I'll be as mobile as I am now. Why?

So I don't put things off. So I go to the places I most want and see

those things I most want. Then as I approach the end of 2008, if I

still am as I am now, I'll do the same for 2009. If worsened, then

I'll make a list based on my capabilities then. But until the day I

die whenever that is I will have a list of things I most want to do.

And, I will not be putting them off. Now, if someone would just fund

them all for me.

As to your statistics below I think the 10 out of 60 dying within 30

days of biopsy is terribly outdated. Even with those I've known with

complications from biopsies its not led to death and VATS has

improved although not eliminated risks.

As to not seeing your grandson start kindergarten, there are no

promises. But there are for no one. While our outlook was bleaker I

sure wish I'd lived my life with the focus I have now. As to

grandson, I'd just spend and enjoy as much time with him as possible.

So if you thought about a visit or keeping him for a couple of weeks

or anything, do it.

But, avoid sick people.....period. Daughter, grandson, send them

away.

I honestly believe I'm going to pack more into my remaining years

however shortened by IPF than I would have had I not been diagnosed.

I can't change the past, can't control the future, but I sure can

make sure I live in and make the most out of the present.

> i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i

saw

> them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed

350,,,,i

> gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my

eating....i

>

>

>

>

> Caro

> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06

> Mississippi

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

> Caro

> Mississippi

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

> Caro

> Mississippi

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> Try it now.

>

don't believe everything that you read each individual is different, you could most definitely live to see your grandson not only start kindergarten but graduate from high school,,, keep the faith BRETT I have an appointment with the pulmo doc on Thursday. I was reading one of the posts (forget which one) but someone said something about Vicodin relieving pain as well as cough? Did I read that correctly? If so, I am definitely going to ask my doc on Thursday. Every time I cough, it is the same thing. I hold my side and it is just knife-stabbing. The day before yesterday, my daughter came over with the grandsons and she nearly has flu and bronchitis and now my chest is burning and I fear I am getting that, too, plus I have been sneezing all day and for some reason, I just cannot stop crying today. This is the first time I have actually "cried" about this disease. I think what tipped it was that I read an article from about UIP/IPF which said 10 out of 60 people studied died within 30 days following lung biopsy and most people with UIP/IPF have a median survival rate of 2.8 years. Just hit me hard the thought that I may not get to see my 2-year-old grandson start kindergarten. Guess, I need to get out of the "woe is me world" and just move on. Tomorrow will be a better day. As you all say, God is already there. I so thank God for this group. You all mean so much to me. CaroSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote:Caro... I spend some time trying to figure out "things happen for a reason", which I do believe. I'm stuck here though. Multiple health problems, weight issue, IPf and more (I'm talking about all of us) So many things all at one time. I've stopped asking God, "What am I to learn from this trial?" One day I will know.Yeah, wouldn't it be something to take a pill, go to sleep and wake up 10 pounds lighter? Another pill, another 10 pounds! lolI cough only occasionally now. When first dx I coughed a lot. Especially in the morning.I'm sorry your coughing is so severe.Take care of you.Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: i am so ashamedTammy, Don't be so hard on yourself. There are a lot of different factors that can contribute to weight gain. I, too, get very frustrated when some days it seems like I even eat less and I still gain weight. Some days I eat more than I should and I actually lose weight!! I think the best thing we can do is rely on how we feel ourselves healthwise and not what the scales show!! Even a small amount of walking can lead to weight loss if done on a regular basis. I know I lost 20 pounds last year and dropped from 150 to 128, but this past week when I had my lung biopsy, I actually GAINED 8 pounds and hardly ate anything all week. My dad said it was probably the saline in the IV or the pain meds or a combination of everything!! Didn't help me feel any better, though. This week, I have lost 5 pounds back already and am hoping I can get the other 3 off within the next few days. I know from experience, the worst thing you can do when trying to lose weight is give up. Even though it is hard, eating healthy and even minimal exercise will make you feel 100% better. Hang in there and I am here if you need an ear!! CaroTammy S <tammycub> wrote:i just called my dr's office to see what i weighed the first time i saw them....last april i weighed 322....on friday 1/25 i weighed 350,,,,i gained 28 lbs in less than a year!!!!! i haven't changed my eating....i give up..if anything i don't eat that much,,,i'm trying to loose....that's it...i quit...i'll just die a fat old tub of lard.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06MississippiNever miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06MississippiNever miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06MississippiBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. brett bowserbrett@...