RemedySpot.com

Gwynne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gwynne.... DITTO!! Let us know when it's released.... Leannekiki boettin wrote: How exciting . You should brag, what an accomplishmentat such a young age.I cant wait to see the film. IPF 2/07 IL--- Gwynne Keyland <gwynneksbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> Hi All,> My first news is to brag on my son . He's> 28 and works in film as a sound mixer. He worked

on> a film after Katrina called Trouble the Water, about> a> couple during and after the hurricane. (Some of it> is> actual film videotaped by one of the survivors> during> the storm.) Last night it took the Grand Jury Prize> at> the Sundance Film Festival for documentary. He was> here at home visiting when we got the news, which> to us is very exciting!! I can't wait to see the> film.> > Also, we got the great news that, although he does> have GERD and a hiatal hernia, he does NOT have> Barrett's esophagus as we thought. That's such a> relief to me!> > I got my HRCT report (from last week) in the mail> to take with me to San . I haven't talked> with> the doc yet, and I know better than to read lab> reports> alone, but nonetheless I've seen it and a few things> were new, some not:>

-extensive fibrotic changes throughout the lungs> bilaterally, predominantly subpleural and> predominant> in the lung bases; most severe in the inferior> portions> of the lungs> -mild/borderline cardiomegaly (enlarged heart)> -mild dilation of the main pulmonary artery, which> may indicate pulmonary hypertension - that's new.> -scattered areas of stable, mild traction> bronchiectasis> in lower lobes and right middle lobe> -no evidence of pericardial effusion or adenopathy> (swollen lymph glands)> -scattered areas of septal thickening and some> honeycombing in the lung bases> -two nodular opacities, which may represent areas of> fibrosis. Difference in size compared to former> CTs> could be due to technique - one bigger, one> smaller.> -"probable" subpleural calcified granuloma in left> lower lobe. One doc says "compatible

with old> granulomatous disease"; another says "may be> related to old empyema or hemothorax." I had to> google those two, but now I'm wondering what> else I had at some point that nobody knew about!?> -differential perfusion between the 2 lungs is 46%> to left lung and 54% to right lung> > The numbers from my 24-hr. urine test also came> back. I tested high for protein: normal is 30-150,> and mine was 156mg/24 hr. My creatinine clearance> was also high at 174mL/min, with normal between> 88-128. That concerns me but maybe it shouldn't> too much in light of everything else. I'll find out> more> later.> > ,> I'd love to be driving through the Central Highlands> of Tassie, but your travelogues are the next best> thing. Thanks so much for giving us such good> descriptions of your adventures. I've missed you ->

Enjoy!!!!> > Joyce,> You could be right on target with your> self-diagnosis> although I hope not. I pray this will be the week> for> some results from THOSE people that will improve> your quality of life! Long live the Queen!> > Tina,> I'm very sorry you're feeling so lousy on the> Tracleer.> Maybe it'll be like many meds and have only short-> term side effects. I know many people do pretty well> on it, and maybe you will too after a week or so.> It's great that Kaleb wants to go to church. Take> care> and hang in there - as if you had a choice, right?> > Sophie,> Migraines are awful, and I can't imagine having them> for a lifetime. I'm glad yours are less frequent and> painful now, at least. It's good to have you join us> but I'm sorry about the awful diagnosis that brings> you> here. I was

diagnosed in 2004 with IPF, but probably> had it for 3 years prior to that. If you've been> reading> our posts, you already know that we care and will be> here for you. Welcome, and God bless you.> > Sandie,> Severe pain and anxiety can effect blood pressure.> It is weird, but true. I found out about this when I> broke my femur in three places. What Bruce referred> to - people whose pressure goes up at the doctor's> office - is sometimes called "white coat fever".> > Zena,> Please keep us posted on your sob and what you> find out from the medicos. I remember when I had> to stop walking my sweet dog, and it hit me hard -> now someone else does it for me. That was another> loss brought on by this illness.> > Hugs and blessings,> Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas>

__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

You're right, she was. Now, I'm worried until we hear a word. I know

she's exhausted though and probably home resting. Just that first

post will sure be nice to see.

> >

> >

> > Thank you Leanne... has anyone heard from Gwynnie?

> >

> > Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > Joyce

> >

> >

> > Hi

> >

> > Just received an email from regarding Joyce. Here's the

> > update:

> > Hello Leanne! This is , Joyce's middle daughter. I am

> > writing to let you know about Mom. She is in Jewish Hospital and

> > will be there for about another week. We think. She is on the

> Flolam

> > and had a hard night Saturday night. She didn't sound good this

> > morning and I am on my way there ASAP. Her oxygen wouldn't go up

> past

> > 85 and she started that really scary shaking. All is supposed to

> be

> > because of the new medicine that we pray she can tolerate.

> Pulmonary

> > Hypertension must be controlled. Let all of her on-line friends

> know

> > and keep her in your prayers. If you want to contact her, she is

> in

> > room #457. Her phone number is . Thanks for always

> > being there for her. She really misses you guys!

> >

> >

> > Keep her in your prayers, please.

> > She's such a fighter!

> >

> > Leanne

> >

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile.

> > Try it now.

> >

>