RemedySpot.com

Transplant evaluation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I saw my Chest Physician yesterday. My pft's are pretty much the same as last time. We were talking about transplant and as you may know it's a route that I have decided is right for me if I can.

Here what will happen is I go to my docs hospital for some basic tests, bloods, pfts, ct scan, bone scan, xrays, that sort of thing, nothing invasive at the moment. Then the results are sent to the hospital that will be performing the transplant, (The Harefield Hospital in Middx) They will decide if I'm viable to go further and if they think so I will go to that hospital for more tests, some of which will be more invasive. I know they'll will do a heart cath but I can't remember what other ones she said. They then collate all the information and the entire transplant team will make a decision. If they say yes then I will go straight on the list and be told to go home and pack.

I'm now waiting for a bed! My doc is trying to get me in next week. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

With the way the NHS works I was expecting to be waiting somewhat longer than that!

At least this time I'll be prepared for a hospital stay and can organise things to do. I'm also going to treat myself to some new pj's and work out how to make the hospital food palatable! I'll take some seasonings and salads with me

So I'm a bit excited and a bit daunted at the mo. I'm still struggling with getting to grips with the fact that my pf has nose dived to this extent and it's all happening faster than I expected. I do realise that the quicker I'm on the list the better, but I could do with some time out to gather my thoughts if you get what I mean.

Anyway, that's where I am right now, I don't know how much notice I'll get for this hospital stay, so if I'm not on line for a few days that's probably why.

Love Ze xx