RemedySpot.com

May

Rate this topic

Guest guest

May, You are right. Too bad the tv program didn't follow her with the oxygen. Sure would have opened up a lot of things. You wonder what they were thinking. I can't believe you can't bring your oxygen to exercise! Due to "health" reasons? Will you be able to fight this at all? We so need to stay as active as we can and we need our oxygen in order to be able to do this. Leannecevoystone@...> wrote: '''''I am so very

tired. And a little scared. When I finished rehab in August and began maintainence, I was walking 30 minutes on the treadmill at 5L...plus other excersizes. A very few months later, I can not walk 2 minutes. My whole life has changed. I don't drive, I barely get out of the house at all. ''''' joyce i found this so articulate and i am so sorry this is happening to you. you have mentioned before about a slide in your health but this above brings it truly into sight how much things have changed for you. its very hard to sometimes get from the posts when something major has happened for someone. having problems from air suppliers is so morally wrong. society as a whole just does not understand that chronic and terminal illnesses are made so much worse by issues of medical and bureaucratic incompetance. i totally agree with you about lungs in general. people really dont have much sympathy. i dont know if

you have heard of the uk soak 'coronation street'. one of the characters 'vera duckworth' has just retired due to emphysema after playing the role for 30 years and they just lost a huge opportunity to promote o2 use and/or lung transplants in her final storyline. liz dawn, the acress, used o2 but wasn't seen on screen with it. my view is that she and/or the story liners didn't have the courage to feature an issue that was crying out to be given some air time. our soaps generally love airing issues too. transplants are big news here in the uk too as the government is trying to change our system from opt in to opt out and our new prime minister has came out in favour. (his youngest son has mild cf).i personally feel any airing of any lung issue will help all of us and soaps are the quickest way to get messages across. btw, i've just been told by my 'active living - doctor referral' co-ordinator that i can't bring my

o2 to exercise class for health and safety reasons. they made comment about deteriorating since first coming to them. i said this wasn't so but that they need to get a plan in action and said they plan to look at it. my consultant, respiratory nurse, doctor etc are not going to be pleased when they hear this.mayuip 06.06, glasgow

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

• 2 weeks later...

You've been much too quiet recently. How are you doing? As our only

member, at least to my memory, from Scotland you have to keep us up to

date on all going on with and around you. Now, you don't have to be as

active and crazy as our British Princess Warrior or our Wild

Australian.

Seriously, when you were gone a few days, I missed you and just was

hoping you were doing well.

>

> judy

> just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all those

> gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and maile's

> expression.

>

> you are looking very well yourself too.

>

> may

> uip 06.06 glasgow

>

bruce

i am doing fine, thanks. nothing to complain about. just coming to

the end of a wee cold but do not fear i have no problem cocooning

myself. you dont seem to be getting rid of your pneumonia - maybe

you need to eat some fresh green vegtables (lol).

talking about tv progs, i have been watching the sopranos and it has

meant i have been staying up later than normal (and getting up

later). they have repeated it from the beginning since november

every week night and we have just started the last series. its very

good. i love 'tv' - educating, informing and entertaining the

masses - i used to work for scottish tv in the pr dept. i am fussy

about what i watch and love current affairs and political progs too.

i loved six feet under and charmed and am currently enjoying the new

series of weeds. hbo are great. and i love oprah. i used to watch

my dad in the 80s watch her show and see his amazement that other

people felt like him. his generation didn't talk remember. tv opens

up issues and of course sometimes overkill them.

i like reality but our big brother is finished and has been for a

good few series - british uk makers tend to flog a horse to death. i

particularly like celebrity editions of reality shows. its just

fascinating to see celebs acting petty and egotistic. we had jackie

stallone on celebrity big brother here a few years ago and it really

showed the others up. one actor in particular was so rude to her. i

just can't watch him since without remembering. she was an eighty

year old woman for goodness sake with the energy and (chutpaz ?) to

come to the uk for a tv prog. she didn't realise that she would have

to shower in front of cameras so i believe she just didnt - for

days. can you imagine the life that woman has led and the stories

she could tell.

i also love my internet. what did we do without it.....

may

uip 06.06 glasgow

> >

> > judy

> > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all

those

> > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and

maile's

> > expression.

> >

> > you are looking very well yourself too.

> >

> > may

> > uip 06.06 glasgow

> >

>

Well at this point pulmonologist is convinced nothing internal to

lungs that the pain is external, likely inflammation and pain from

the VATS. So steroids or pain killers are all that will help but

unless my breathing gets too impaired by it, will do nothing.

> > >

> > > judy

> > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all

> those

> > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and

> maile's

> > > expression.

> > >

> > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > >

> > > may

> > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > >

> >

>

Oooh May, I'm glad your cold was a 'wee' one (Whats the Scots lingo for 'big' by tha way??????)

Your Tele comments reminded me that I also have to own up to being a 'sucker' for ANY show with a Scots accent on board! Or a ish landscape...sends ma weak at tha knees tha does!

in Oz> > >> > > judy> > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all > those > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and > maile's > > > expression.> > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > > > may> > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > >> >>

gina

have asked a few people and i have to admit it, we dont have a

similar slang for 'big' as we do for wee. btw, do you know the

rhyme 'wee wullie winkie'? i dont know how well known it is, anyway

when i visited the old gothic cemetery in glasgow recently we found

the grave of the guy who wrote it. this cemetary is very old and has

a lot of famous people there. as it was hilly and raining i didnt

stay long but came across that grave. these old headstones gave the

occupations of people too.

may

> > > >

> > > > judy

> > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all

> > those

> > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and

> > maile's

> > > > expression.

> > > >

> > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > >

> > > > may

> > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

May, Wee Willie Winkie was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I always though he was a midget-but does it actually meamnhe was big? Also I just love looking through old graveyards and seeing what they have written on the tombs. Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Re: May

ginahave asked a few people and i have to admit it, we dont have a similar slang for 'big' as we do for wee. btw, do you know the rhyme 'wee wullie winkie'? i dont know how well known it is, anyway when i visited the old gothic cemetery in glasgow recently we found the grave of the guy who wrote it. this cemetary is very old and has a lot of famous people there. as it was hilly and raining i didnt stay long but came across that grave. these old headstones gave the occupations of people too.may > > > >> > > > judy> > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all> > those> > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > maile's> > > > expression.> > > >> > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > >> > > > may> > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > >> > >> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

The nursery rhyme

The original text was written in Scots and is below

Wee Willie Winkie rins through the toun, Up stairs and doon stairs in his nicht-goun, Tirlin' at the window, cryin' at the lock, "Are the weans in their bed, for it's noo ten o'clock?"

"Hey, Willie Winkie, are ye comin' ben? The cat's singin' grey thrums to the sleepin' hen, The dog's spelder'd on the floor, and disna gi'e a cheep, But here's a waukrife laddie that winna fa' asleep!"

Onything but sleep, you rogue! glow'ring like the mune, Rattlin' in an airn jug wi' an airn spune, Rumblin', tumblin' round about, crawin' like a cock, Skirlin' like a kenna-what, wauk'nin' sleepin' fock.

"Hey, Willie Winkie - the wean's in a creel! Wambling aff a bodie's knee like a verra eel, Ruggin' at the cat's lug, and ravelin' a' her thrums Hey, Willie Winkie - see, there he comes!"

Wearit is the mither that has a stoorie wean, A wee stumple stoussie, that canna rin his lane, That has a battle aye wi' sleep before he'll close an ee But a kiss frae aff his rosy lips gies strength anew to me.

English translation

The most common English translation is given below:

Wee Willie Winkie runs through the town, Up stairs and down stairs in his night-gown, Tapping at the window, crying at the lock, "Are the children in their bed, for it's now ten o'clock?"

"Hey, Willie Winkie, are you coming in? The cat is singing purring sounds to the sleeping hen, The dog's spread out on the floor, and doesn't give a cheep, But here's a wakeful little boy who will not fall asleep!"

Anything but sleep, you rogue! glowering like the moon, Rattling in an iron jug with an iron spoon, Rumbling, tumbling round about, crowing like a cock, Shrieking like I don't know what, waking sleeping folk.

"Hey, Willie Winkie - the child's in a creel! Wriggling from everyone's knee like an eel, Tugging at the cat's ear, and confusing all her thrums Hey, Willie Winkie - see, there he comes!"

Weary is the mother who has a dusty child, A small short little child, who can't run on his own, Who always has a battle with sleep before he'll close an eye But a kiss from his rosy lips gives strength anew to me. > > > > >> > > > > judy> > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all> > > those> > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > maile's> > > > > expression.> > > > >> > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > >> > > > > may> > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

denice

wee means little and also shows affection - and we glaswegians use it

for everything, (wee cup of tea - the nice wee man next door who

could actually be 6ft). i think the rest of the world uses wee as

in 'a wee dram = a small whiskey'. i looked on you tube and there

are many versus - i only knew one and surprise surprise although the

poem was written in old scots, the rest of the world does an english

version and we in glasgow do our own which is a mixture of the two.

the necropolis cemetery i visited is meant to have many old and

famous people and i had fanced visiting for a while but it is too

hilly.

i have a friend with cancer who doesn't work so we meet during the

day and go to places we have never visited. tomorrow we are going to

a refurbished church in the west end of glasgow called 'oran mor' to

enjoy 'a play, a pie and a pint'. a rich guy bought this church a

few years ago and refurbished it and put in a restaurant, pub and

function hall for his daughter's wedding. they trialled having lunch

hour plays which have been a roaring success. tomorrow's play is

called resurrection by tolstoy. they also feature new writers soi am

finally getting round to going.

my friend starts another round of chemo on thursday.

may

uip glasgow 06.06

> > > > >

> > > > > judy

> > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely.

all

> > > those

> > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and

> > > maile's

> > > > > expression.

> > > > >

> > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > >

> > > > > may

> > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

>

Hee HEE Bonnie May, MAYbe we can think up one!!!!!

Seems a pity to ley an opportunity like this slip!

Wadya reckon????

GIO

PS Old Gothic Cemetaries are AMAZING....that's one of hte things I like to DO in the UK...we don't have any!> > > > >> > > > > judy> > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all> > > those> > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > maile's> > > > > expression.> > > > >> > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > >> > > > > may> > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

andy and i just couldn't think of any. we tried.

btw, he's a bit jealous of me going to the burrell without him

so i have to go again. (he's not been). he's a bit jealous of

me going out with another man on these trips. iain (my old work

mate)has cancer. andy never knows where i'm going to end up with

him. one day we headed out for greenock and ended up jumping a ferry

to dunoon. some weeks we talk about heavy life issues and other

weeks we are just tourists.

i'm trying to persuade my brother in adelaide to come to scotland for

the wedding in june. my sister in law is up for it so we'll just

have to wear him down.

looking forward to hearing more about your trip

may

> > > > > >

> > > > > > judy

> > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely.

all

> > > > those

> > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and

> > > > maile's

> > > > > > expression.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > may

> > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Och, I wanna come to Glasgow so you can show me 'round Bonnie May, have you visited the Arthur (or is it ??) Rennie Macintosh Home? It's such an Art Deco wonder...so elegant & with lovely gardens from my memory of it.

GIO> > > > > >> > > > > > judy> > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. > all> > > > those> > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > > maile's> > > > > > expression.> > > > > >> > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > > >> > > > > > may> > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > ______________________________________________________________________> ______________> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> >>

gina

thats funny - considering you've been to these places and i haven't.

went into the 'house for an art lover' cafe (charles rennie macintosh)

for tea but didn't go round so still to do that. its only 2 miles

from my house. i used to pass the art school of his in the city

centre every day and i've never been there. i'm trying to put that

all right on these outings with iain.

i have been on a camel in australia though and been to that wee

island near adelaide where you see the whales. the whales weren't in

that day though.

may

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > judy

> > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are

lovely.

> > all

> > > > > those

> > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake

and

> > > > > maile's

> > > > > > > expression.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > may

> > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > ______________

> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

> > >

> >

>

No trip to Scotland is complete without, first, a visit to Glasgow, then a train ride to Edinburgh, especially if it's August, in time for the Military Tattoo. 41 years ago a friend and I literally stumbled onto the Tattoo, neither of us had ever heard of it. What an awesome spectacle. The sound of over 100 pipes starting downtown, then winding their way up the hill to the castle. Makes my hair stand on end even today. One of my best memories of 2 years in Europe. In fact, there was a night in, I think, Carlisle. We'd hitched up from London. Got a ride with a trucker whose hometown was Carlisle, so he liked to stop at his favorite pub to say "hey". And "hey" we did say!!! This was 1966, the height of Vietnam and we Americans were not real popular. Yet in Scotland we were treated like kings, every where. We covered Europe pretty good and no where were we treated as well as in Scotland. Ahhhhh....memories jim IPF

05 alaska wrote: Och, I wanna come to Glasgow so you can show me 'round Bonnie May, have you visited the Arthur (or is it ??) Rennie Macintosh Home? It's such an Art Deco wonder...so elegant & with lovely gardens from my memory of it. GIO> > > > > >> > > > > > judy> > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. >

all> > > > those> > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > > maile's> > > > > > expression.> > > > > >> > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > > >> > > > > > may> > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > ______________________________________________________________________> ______________> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

>>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Now you're really making me all nostalgic Bonnie May..I just got a romantic Valentine's card & some Mr Lindts in the post from my sweet 'Edinburgh Gentleman' hubby in which he says to remember the Hills & Lochs he knows I adore from Bonnie Scotland & here I am reading of your Boat ride to Dunoon.....aah my cup runneth over with yummy memories of & my time in Scotland in 1997. We spent 6 weeks in all & we too took the boat from Greenock to Dunoon. What glorious views, how I'd LOVE to see those views again.

We started our trip with a week's Clan Macgillivray Gathering based in Inverness. Initially I felt like an 'interloper' since I was a 'wife' & not a Macgillivray by birthright - well I was soon put right on THAT score. 's maternal line comes from the Point of Sleat, Ards Peninsula, Isle of Skye Macgillivrays. The Scots at the Gathering declared my hubby to be an 'Edinburgh Gentleman' & so he remains to me! It perfectly describes his strong but reticent personality!

has done a huge book of Family History & that is now in the Macdonald Castle Museum on Skye. We had the enormous privelege of going back to the Croft that his ancestors left from & met the current Macgillivray, from the same family unit, who still has the lifetime rights to the croft. It was such an emotional time since 's mother's family were part of the Highland Clearances. The family at the time was told to choose who would stay & who would go..only 1 male from the family was allowed to stay on the Croft.

's ancestor was the eldest brother & in lost families the eldest brother was the one who got to stay. In this case however it was the eldest who emigrated with his family & the younger brother who stayed behind. 1997 was the first time any descendants of the 2 brothers had re-met! It was madce even more poignant because the elder brother died enroute...it was one of the notorious 'Fever Ships'..the Captain who was being paid per head allowed a family onboard with typhus & another with Cholera....there was a dreadful death toll. The ship pulled into Cork Harbour in Ireland & was forced to stay at enchor until everyone had finished catching the dieases & had finished dying! Perfectly healthy folk were forced to stay on board & of course eventually many of those ended up ill & died. It was a total tragedy. They were in Cork Harbour for 6 months! Imagine it....too terrible to contemplate!

The Macgillivray we met was initially quite nervous & his more forthcoming wife explained that his family was always scared that descendants of the emigrant Eldest son would return one day & claim back the Croft which traditionally passed down through eldest sons. reassured him that no one would be doing that however the Croft remains like a 'Shrine' to the Aussie Macgillivrays, even though very few will ever get back there in person.

Our migrant history is very fresh for a lot of us. While is the 'EG' I'm more of a troublesome 'Borderer' with a lot of the pangs of injustice kindled within by my Scots Catholic Elliot history & their persecution & forced exile to Northern Ireland (1604) where they intermarried with the local Irish Catholic population. When these folk eventually came to Australia (1840's) they married more Irish Catholic folk, who'd survived the years of the Potato Famine, from the very troubled heartland of South Armagh (IRA territory!) on the border between Northern Ireland & the Republic of Ireland. I've been back to find my people from here over the last few years.

Hence I have a strong sense of social justice & feeling for people who are marginalised, either throughout history or in the here & now! Today is a momentous day in Australian History because our new PM Rudd, has just said in the Opening Day of the new Parliament, an official, parliamentary, 'SORRY' to the 'Stolen Generations' of Aboriginal People. Betwqeen 1910 & 1970 around 100,000 children were forcebly taken from their parents & raised in Government/Religious Missions. Many of these children suffered dreadful abuse in all its ways during this time. This is a time of new beginnings & hope that this government will work more productively with Aboriginal communities to solve some of their endemic problems.

THIS IS HUGE...the start of a reconciliation process that starts with acknowledgement of past Government wrongs....Aboriginal men have fought in ALL of our Military camapaigns but until 1967 still didn't have the vote...weren't allowed in Pubs & Clubs until late in the 1970's. Our treatment of our First Australians has been APPALLING...may it cease to be so!

GIO

PS I trust that anyone not interested in this story has long since pressed DELETE!

> > > > > > >> > > > > > > judy> > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. > all> > > > > those> > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > > > maile's> > > > > > > expression.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > may> > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

CHARLES of course not Arthur or ....gosh I hate that with names!

Now Bonnie May this might be the right moment to reveal something Sooooooo exciting with you.....guess who you share a BIRTHDATE with.....I couldn't believe it when I checked the Database out of curiosity after the Bruce/ Irene plus Leanne & somebody else twinning thing!

I wasn't going to stick my BD in but hey how could I not announce this Serendipity!

Yes you're quite a bit more 'wee' than I but what the heck!

Cheers,

GIO> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > judy> > > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are > lovely.> > > all> > > > > > those> > > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake > and> > > > > > maile's> > > > > > > > expression.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > may> > > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ______________________________________________________________________> > > ______________> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?> > > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> > > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?> category=shopping> > > >> > >> >>

Does the sound of the Pipes out in the open air make you want to cry May & A.J.????? ...it ALWAYS has that effect on me & I HATE crying (I'm allergic to the discomfort of my eyes/nose afterwards!)

The Military Tattoo is an annual event in our lounge rooms at Christmas but nothing beats being there in person! The Commonwealth coming Home to roost is how I see it!

GIO

> > > > > > >> > > > > > > judy> > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. > > all> > > > > those> > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > > > maile's> > > > > > > expression.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > may> > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ______________________________________________________________________> > ______________> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > >> >> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

jim

you are so right about edinburgh in august. if anyone is ever

considering coming to scotland do it in august. its the best chance

of mild weather though you really can't expect the sun.

edinburgh in august still has the tattoo (another thing i've never

seen or been to), as well as the edinburgh international festival,

the fringe festival, a television festival (which i participated in -

its only a weekend really but some execs come from the us), a film

festival, again about a week. the streets are just bursting with

fringe stuff. the fringe has overtaken all the official festivals.

you dont actually have to pay to get into any venues as there are

plenty free things going on in the streets but its very hard to park -

better taking train from glasgow and prices for refreshments go sky

high.

when rosanna was about 16, she was asked to be a 'techie' for a

theatre group 'grinning souls productions'. unpaid but expenses

met. she so wanted to do it. the writer was our age and had paid

for all the expenses and there were 3 young actors (one who was her

mate at the drama club she went to - scottish youth theatre).

anyway, andy and i took her over and went to see

the 'accommodation'. it was the most delapidated empty two bed flat

with matresses on the floor. it was very hard to let her stay

and 'rough it'.

we went to the production (about 10 in audience who i'm sure were all

relatives - in a school as every venue is used and there are so many

shows.) two stories and i dont remember the first but the second

made me cry. it was set in the early 70s and was about urban decay -

3 young people sitting on a couch drinking instead of working wasting

their life. i understood what the guy was trying to portray. anyway

after it i told rosanna it was great but i pointed out that people

like that in the 70s wouldn't have had packs of cigarettes with 20s -

they would have had 10 and that when they scraped all their money to

go and buy more alcohol it would have been a half or quarter bottle

of vodka instead of a bottle. - honest i've since learned to shut my

mouth and not burst her bubble. there are two processions at the

beginning and end of the festival.

funnilly enough now that rosanna is a professional stage manager,

she's never worked at the festival since she qualified. sure last

year she went to bard university for six weeks.

jim someone told me once that the scots are so friendly because we

are just plain nosy. glaswegians are very direct so i am nosy and

direct and age isn't withering me in that regard.

oh go on come to scotland in august all of you

may

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > judy

> > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are

lovely.

> > all

> > > > > those

> > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake

and

> > > > > maile's

> > > > > > > expression.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > may

> > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > ______________

> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

gina

thats lovely and guess what. one of the pankhurst ladies was either

the 16 or 18th too.

may

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > judy

> > > > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are

> > lovely.

> > > > all

> > > > > > > those

> > > > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree

cake

> > and

> > > > > > > maile's

> > > > > > > > > expression.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > may

> > > > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

> > > > ______________

> > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > > > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> > > > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?

> > category=shopping

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

gina

again i dont think i appreciate bagpipe music. it was always just

there. the sound i love is of an orchestra tuning up before a

performance when you go to ballet. i think if i lived away i would

appreciate the pipes. when i've been away from home, what i love the

best is the sound of another glasgow accent. we have such low

gutteral accents. everyone else seems to almost squeak to me. its

just wonderful to hear your own accent when you've been away isnt it.

may

ps; your hubbie sounds lovely

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > judy

> > > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are

lovely.

> > > all

> > > > > > those

> > > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake

and

> > > > > > maile's

> > > > > > > > expression.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > may

> > > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

>

> > > ______________

> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

> > >

> http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try

> it now.

> >

>

May, Sounds like a great time. I went to a lunch hour play this week to with a few friends of Leanne's who are visiting California. The company and food was great , unfortunately the play was not. It was the musical Hello Dolly and "Dolly" wasn't a very good singer or actress. I hope your friend with cancer does well with the chemo- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Re: May

denicewee means little and also shows affection - and we glaswegians use it for everything, (wee cup of tea - the nice wee man next door who could actually be 6ft). i think the rest of the world uses wee as in 'a wee dram = a small whiskey'. i looked on you tube and there are many versus - i only knew one and surprise surprise although the poem was written in old scots, the rest of the world does an english version and we in glasgow do our own which is a mixture of the two. the necropolis cemetery i visited is meant to have many old and famous people and i had fanced visiting for a while but it is too hilly. i have a friend with cancer who doesn't work so we meet during the day and go to places we have never visited. tomorrow we are going to a refurbished church in the west end of glasgow called 'oran mor' to enjoy 'a play, a pie and a pint'. a rich guy bought this church a few years ago

and refurbished it and put in a restaurant, pub and function hall for his daughter's wedding. they trialled having lunch hour plays which have been a roaring success. tomorrow's play is called resurrection by tolstoy. they also feature new writers soi am finally getting round to going.my friend starts another round of chemo on thursday. mayuip glasgow 06.06 > > > > >> > > > > judy> > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are lovely. all> > > those> > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake and> > > maile's> > > > > expression.> > > > >> > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.> > > > >> > > > >

may> > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____________ __> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

, What a great story and how wonderful to know your history and

to be in the moment when social injustices are being righted. Oh,

and the touch of romance was truly " touching " .

Hugs,

Kathie NSIP'96

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > judy

> > > > > > > > just had a look at your new photographs. they are

lovely.

> > all

> > > > > > those

> > > > > > > > gorgeous grandkids. i loved the gingerbread tree cake

and

> > > > > > maile's

> > > > > > > > expression.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you are looking very well yourself too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > may

> > > > > > > > uip 06.06 glasgow

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Well, I tried to calculate miles to you, but Yahoo Maps doesn't show

a route you can drive from here to Scotland. lol.

Now, of course, we know that I could make any of those other trips

and by Leanne's definition I would still not be traveling because no

airplane....lol

>

>

> mary-beth

> that was wonderful.

> little mary will be so proud of you.

>

> sher

> i am so sorry you are having such a hard time with the o2 supply.

> i see you are trying to be patient and keep your stress levels down.

> hope it sorts itself out soon.

>

> joyce

> that was a wonderful prayer for kerry and said it all.

> i hope you get the help with the floflan that bruce was talking

about.

> you and lucien are doing and suffering enough.

>

> gwynne

> i understand about the book club.

> a great idea but a bit hard to pull off.

> i dont know where the hours go.

>

> linda

> i agree with everyone about taking your time unpacking.

> i moved a year ago and still have a few boxes.

> we have opened these last boxes as we needed things from them.

>

> peggy

> you are quite right to remind us about the photos for san antonio.

> i haven't forgotten but plan to take a fresh one and post it.

> in fact i will make sure i have oxygen on as this will suit the

> message and event.

> feel free to nag us on leanne's behalf.

>

> bruce

> you didn't calculate how many miles you are from me.....

> can you tell irene i'm thinking of her.

>

> zena

> i noticed how little working lung mass you have left.

> it is surprising that you dont have clubbing yet and that you

weren't

> on o2 before now.

>

> jim

> i look forward to any of your stories any time.

>

> john p

> sorry about your results.

>

> gina

> i bought andy a lovely red wine glass for valentines again

influenced

> by your water glass advice. he loves it and today i wore my best

> suit to go to this play - i hope to be too small for it soon anyway.

>

> may

> uip 06.06

> glasgow, scotland

>