RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Question about VATS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

AWE, come on. Really no bra?? LOL!!! That is a great idea about the pillow. Don't know why I didn't think of that!! I seem to be somewhat more short of breath today but am just keeping an eye out and seeing how it goes. My pulmo doc is still out of the country, so I am trying to hang. I have a follow-up appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday and a follow-up chest x-ray so will see how that goes. I hate to ask for more pain meds, but will have to if it does not get better before my return visit. On a good note, anyone have big plans for the SuperBowl? GO GIANTS!!! (I was actually pulling for the Packers, but since I am from Mississippi, I have to now pull for Eli!!) ELI'S COMING!!!!!!! Have a great one!! CaroBruce Moreland

wrote: I haven't worn a bra since mine....lol....although I have heard from women on the subject and knowing the location of my incisions fully understand how that would be the worst thing.Ok, pain is normal but do keep an eye on it too. First, make sure you're getting enough inspired volume into a spirometer or something of that nature. If the pain is restricting your breathing and holding you to 1000 ml or less, then the danger of pneumonia increases. Second, do call or get to doctor if it

worsens in any way.I would hope you were shown but for coughing the best easing of the pain is to get a pillow and hold it against your chest/lung when you do. Amazing how it will reduce the pain. My hospital even had special pillows for it, about the size of sofa pillows.> > > Hi all, > > > > I know several of you have been through the VATS> > procedure and I am > > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of> > pain. Each time I > > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was> > placed and splint to > > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this> > nagging sharp pain > > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy).> > Could this be > > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have> > finally stopped coughing > > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical> > transcriptionist) on > > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m.> > and by noon or 1:30

> > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else> > had the severe > > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being> > impatient (I tend to > > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as> > I have never been > > through this before. I even woke up this morning> > the stabbing pain. > > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was> > trying to at least > > make it through half the day. > > > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > > > Caro> > > > > > __________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

I was given a spirometer but no matter how hard I try, I can't get the darn thing up to 1000. Whenever I try to hold my breath, all I do is cough. CaroBruce Moreland wrote: Your surgeon should be able to tell you what's right when it comes to the pain meds. While you don't want your lungs to become dependent on them and not work as hard as they should, you don't want your inspiration levels to drop too low either. Hopefully, they gave you some breathing

exercises to do as well, at least using the spirometer. It's crucial after any significant surgery but especially this one.The pillow thing came as a very pleasant surprise to me when I was first told in the hospital. Thought oh it can't help...oh was I wrong.> > > > > Hi all, > > > > > > I know several of you have been through the VATS> > > procedure and I am > > > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of> > > pain. Each time I > > > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was> > > placed and splint to > > > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this> > > nagging sharp pain > > > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy).> > > Could this be > > > from where the

tube was inside my lung? Have> > > finally stopped coughing > > > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical> > > transcriptionist) on > > > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m.> > > and by noon or 1:30 > > > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else> > > had the severe > > > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being> > > impatient (I tend to > > > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as> > > I have never been > > > through this before. I even woke up this morning> > > the stabbing pain. > > > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was> > > trying to at least > > > make it through half the day. > > > > > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > > > >

> Caro> > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > Mississippi> > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> >

---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.