Rate this topic

Guest guest

Everyone..I need to ask this question.

What's with Disney World?

We've been there 4 times with the kids over the years and I would not

want to return even with grandchildren.

Mind you..I'm not a ride goer...carousels are about it...no

rollercoasters!

Epcot was boring and the walking is horrid.

I love Disney characters but the crowds and cost and waiting in lines

is not what I'd do now with the time I may have.

Anybody else feel this way?

I saw Disney on many wish lists.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Carolyn Wade wrote:

I only have 1 place in the world that I would absolutely LOVE to

visit before I kick the bucket (this is the first thing on my bucket

list!!) I want to go to --------

DISNEYWORLD!!!!!

Caro

Bruce Moreland <brucemorelandgmail>

wrote:

Wasn't on her requested translations. But, do understand I

lived on

the Tennessee River in Chattanooga, only minutes from you, and the

view of the river at my doorstep and mountains all around me. What a

beautiful area.

Oh, if talking about Appalachian, the NW Georgia mountains are, of

course, part of that whole string.

There are so many varied and beautiful areas within this country, all

with their special charms and more attractive to one of us than

others. I've lived in several areas of NC, in Chattanooga, in

Mississippi, in New York City, in South Florida and in Dallas/Fort

Worth. Except for the delta of Mississippi which I couldn't describe

as a tourist site, I could show one endless enjoyable activities and

places in any of them, all quite different.

> > > > >

> > > > > Bruce,

> > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me

not to want

> > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't

in order after

#2:

> > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to

visit Joyce

> > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies

where a

> > > > > big chunk of my heart is

> > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon

> > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,

> > > > > 5. New York City - again

> > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit

> > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier

> > > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher

> > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC

> > > > > 10.Maui

> > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall

> > > > > 12.Taos

> > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send

this!

> > > > > Hugs,

> > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07

Texas

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Caro

Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08

Mississippi

With our conditions, no waiting in any lines....now that makes it

better. And there are times without such huge crowds. With kids you

had to do rides and stuff......so many better things. OMG such great

things. Ok, I'm a child......but I went through the list of all parks

and a list of what I would enjoy and it was monstrous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Bruce,

> > > > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me not to

want

> > > > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't in

order after

> > #2:

> > > > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to visit

Joyce

> > > > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies where a

> > > > > > > big chunk of my heart is

> > > > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon

> > > > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,

> > > > > > > 5. New York City - again

> > > > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit

> > > > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier

> > > > > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher

> > > > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC

> > > > > > > 10.Maui

> > > > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall

> > > > > > > 12.Taos

> > > > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send this!

> > > > > > > Hugs,

> > > > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Caro

> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08

> > Mississippi

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

My favorite extra curricular job as a teacher was chaperoning grad night at Disneyland. We only had to man the Carnation Ice cream booth ( the Disney jail is underneath) for an hour and then we were free to play. It wasn't as crowded as the day ( we were there from 11:00 pm till 7 am) and they have music and dancing in the streets and teachers get to take cuts in line. What a blast! There is nothing quite so exciting as standing with hundreds of screaming 12th graders and watching the sun go up over the enchanted castle. That said- I absloutely hate hate hate the crowds and will not go in the summer or on weekends. I too don't like rollar coasters but I love the simulated rides and I love seeing the magic of Disney inmy grandkids eyes. Sarcoid/PF 3/2006

California

Re: Disney World

Everyone..I need to ask this question.What's with Disney World?We've been there 4 times with the kids over the years and I would notwant to return even with grandchildren.Mind you..I'm not a ride goer...carousels are about it...no rollercoasters!Epcot was boring and the walking is horrid.I love Disney characters but the crowds and cost and waiting in lines is not what I'd do now with the time I may have.Anybody else feel this way?I saw Disney on many wish lists.

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob MarleyCarolyn Wade wrote:

I only have 1 place in the world that I would absolutely LOVE to visit before I kick the bucket (this is the first thing on my bucket list!!) I want to go to --------

DISNEYWORLD! !!!!

Caro

Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com> wrote:

Wasn't on her requested translations. But, do understand I lived on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga, only minutes from you, and the view of the river at my doorstep and mountains all around me. What a beautiful area. Oh, if talking about Appalachian, the NW Georgia mountains are, of course, part of that whole string. There are so many varied and beautiful areas within this country, all with their special charms and more attractive to one of us than others. I've lived in several areas of NC, in Chattanooga, in Mississippi, in New York City, in South Florida and in Dallas/Fort Worth. Except for the delta of Mississippi which I couldn't describe as a tourist site, I could show one endless enjoyable activities and places in any of them, all quite different. > > > > >> > > > > Bruce,> > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me not to want> > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't in order

after #2:> > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to visit Joyce> > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies where a> > > > > big chunk of my heart is> > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon> > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,> > > > > 5. New York City - again> > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit > > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier> > > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher> > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC> > > > > 10.Maui> > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall> > > > > 12.Taos> > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend> > > > >> > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send this!> > > > >

Hugs,> > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

It wasn't on mine

I enjoy rides and I would quite like to wander around Disney World, but I don't do crowds and queues. Perhaps if they shut it down for a couple of days, just for us

Love Ze xx> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Bruce,> > > > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me not to want> > > > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't in order after> > #2:> > > > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to visit Joyce> > > > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies where a> > > > > > > big chunk of my heart is> > > > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon> > > > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,> > > > > > > 5. New York City - again> > > > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit > > > > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier> > > > > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher> > > > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC> > > > > > > 10.Maui> > > > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall> > > > > > > 12.Taos> > > > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send this!> > > > > > > Hugs,> > > > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > Mississippi> >> > __________________________________________________> >

Crowds I don't do alone but ok with someone I guess. Queues I don't

do, but oxygen prevents queues at Disneyworld.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Bruce,

> > > > > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me not to

want

> > > > > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't in order

> after

> > > #2:

> > > > > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to visit

Joyce

> > > > > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies where a

> > > > > > > > big chunk of my heart is

> > > > > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon

> > > > > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,

> > > > > > > > 5. New York City - again

> > > > > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit

> > > > > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier

> > > > > > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher

> > > > > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC

> > > > > > > > 10.Maui

> > > > > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall

> > > > > > > > 12.Taos

> > > > > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send this!

> > > > > > > > Hugs,

> > > > > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Caro

> > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP

01/08

> > > Mississippi

> > >

> > > __________________________________________________

> > >

Hi !

I just wanted to respond to your question. I have been to Disney World many times in my life but I would not want to go now. I feel that I have to preserve what I've got. My opinion is that we dream about such trips, outings, etc. and wish we could go but realistically, one may not be physically able. Today, Eddie, , and I drove to the Opry Mills Mall (next to the Grand Ole Opry). It is such a magnificent mall I wanted to go, go go! Many stores, etc. that I wanted to go to. Movies and an Imax! wanted to go in & Noble. So after spending a long time looking at books, etc. we were so pooped we decided we wanted to go back to "s house. But it is o.k. to dream. I will be glad to go home tomorrow to my computer. I am not used to 's notebook computer. LAURA IS DOING SO WELL HERE IN NASHVILLE! Eddie & I are so proud of her!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia

> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Bruce,> > > > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me not to want> > > > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't in order after> > #2:> > > > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to visit Joyce> > > > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies where a> > > > > > > big chunk of my heart is> > > > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon> > > > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,> > > > > > > 5. New York City - again> > > > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit > > > > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier> > > > > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher> > > > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC> > > > > > > 10.Maui> > > > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall> > > > > > > 12.Taos> > > > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send this!> > > > > > > Hugs,> > > > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> > Mississippi> >> > __________________________________________________> >

Hi !! I have never been to Disneyworld, so I don't have anything to compare to, other than I have been to a few other smaller amusement parks, i.e., Libertyland in Memphis, Astroworld, years ago and I loved them. I am a big kid at heart and just seeing Mickey and Friends in person would be enough for me!! Carolinda zion wrote: Everyone..I need to ask this

question.What's with Disney World?We've been there 4 times with the kids over the years and I would notwant to return even with grandchildren.Mind you..I'm not a ride goer...carousels are about it...no rollercoasters!Epcot was boring and the walking is horrid.I love Disney characters but the crowds and cost and waiting in lines is not what I'd do now with the time I may have.Anybody else feel this way?I saw Disney on many wish lists. Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob MarleyCarolyn Wade wrote: I only have 1 place in the world that I would absolutely LOVE to visit before I kick the bucket (this is the first thing on my bucket list!!) I want to go to -------- DISNEYWORLD!!!!! Caro Bruce Moreland <brucemorelandgmail> wrote: Wasn't

on her requested translations. But, do understand I lived on the Tennessee River in Chattanooga, only minutes from you, and the view of the river at my doorstep and mountains all around me. What a beautiful area. Oh, if talking about Appalachian, the NW Georgia mountains are, of course, part of that whole string. There are so many varied and beautiful areas within this country, all with their special charms and more attractive to one of us than others. I've lived in several areas of NC, in Chattanooga, in Mississippi, in New York City, in South Florida and in Dallas/Fort Worth. Except for the delta of Mississippi which I couldn't describe as a tourist site, I could show one endless enjoyable activities and places in any of them, all quite different. > > > > >> > > > > Bruce,> > > > > Ooh, what bliss to imagine. It's hard for me not to want> > > > > to jump the pond, but I'll try. These aren't in order after #2:> > > > > 1. to San with my air family, and to visit Joyce> > > > > 2. Back to our home in the Colorado Rockies where a> > > > > big chunk of my heart is> > > > > 3. The Grand Canyon> > > > > 4. Carmel, CA and Big Sur - again,> > > > > 5. New York City - again> > > > > 6. Carlsbad/ San Diego, CA - again, and visit > > > > > 7. Washington and Mt. Ranier>

> > > > 8. Oregon, and visit Sher> > > > > 9. Charlotte, NC> > > > > 10.Maui> > > > > 11.Vermont in the fall> > > > > 12.Taos> > > > > 13.Lafayette, Indiana to visit a friend> > > > >> > > > > I'll bet I think of 5 more as soon as I send this!> > > > > Hugs,> > > > > Gwynne 56 IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi __________________________________________________