RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: sats question for Bruce/Peggy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OH NO....not a wimp. I can certainly feel it when my sats are down. Even though I recover, that minute or two are extremely sob and uncomfortable.Peggy wrote: hi Jim, When I walk across the room after turning my 02 down at night i drop to 86 or so and feel like a truck hit me. them when I lay down it is soooooo hard to catch my breath and my chest really hurts. I see where everyone drops so much more and seem to recover nicely but I can't function with low saturation. I guess I AM A WIMP.. Take Care

of you. Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Worry looks around. Sorry looks back, Faith looks up. Bruce, I've questioned my primary here and he has called my pulmo in Anchorage. I'm on 6 liters intermittent. When I walk around it will go as low as 76 to 80. When I sit down my sats recover in a matter of 1-2 minutes to 92-94. The recovery time, and the fact that it goes back up into the 90s, is the reason both docs say, basically, it goes with the territory. So......my question.....do other folks on O2 have that same experience OR do their sats stay up? When I check my oximeter and it reads 76 it scares the crap outta me. jim IPF

05 alaskaBruce Moreland <brucemorelandgmail> wrote: 85. you need to be on oxygen quickly. Make sure to get to him immediately upon his return. If he's going to be delayed have surgeon prescribe until he does return or even your primary....he can certainly do a six minute walk. But every day below 90 is bad for you. I was told when I went home to use spirometer every two hours at least. I'll bet by Monday you're at 1000. Betting by a week from Monday 1500 especially if you get some oxygen by then. One more reason you need it. > >> > Hi all, > > > > First off, I haven't read any posts since last night, but was > > wondering has anyone heard from Joyce or Irene yet? I hope they > are > > both doing well today. > > > > I went this morning and had my chest x-ray. No pleurisy as they > > thought, just pneumonia in both lungs, worse on the right. He said >

I > > was barely pulling any air through. ER doc said it was so bad he > > could have diagnosed it without a chest x-ray! Sent home on > > prednisone and Levaquin, followup with pulmo next week. The thing > > that got me was they hand me this sheet of paper with my orders on > it > > and under Clinical Indication for chest x-ray it says "SOB on > > inspiration, 11 days status post right lung biopsy, END STAGE LUNG > > DISEASE." > > > > Nobody told ME it was end stage!! How come I didn't know it had > > gotten that bad? I was thinking I was doing fairly well, as I have > > not even been placed on home O2 yet!! I was thinking I had a > little > > time left, now I don't know. > > > > And the darndest thing of all is that I STILL have not seen MICKEY > > MOUSE in person yet!!!> > > > Caro> >> > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.