RemedySpot.com

Caro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Caro, Happy Belated! Glad to hear you had a good day. LeanneDawn Green wrote: Happy Belated Birthday, Carolyn. I guess I somehow missed that it was your birthday yesterday. I’m also sorry to hear how sick

you are! I hope that you are able to get in contact with a GP soon to follow up with, since your Pulmonologist is out of the country. :o( Praying, Dawn in N.B. -----Original Message-----From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Carolyn WadeSent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:36 AMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Re: Question about VATS Hi , I did go and get it checked out on Friday and they said I have pneumonia in both lungs, far worse in the right. Sent me home on Levaquin

and prednisone taper. I have appointment with the surgeon tomorrow for follow up. Have to get chest xray first and then go to appointment afterwards. My mom said pack a bag just in case they keep you. Guess I was right to go and get it checked out. Wal-Mart was out of the Levaquin so I was not able to get it until today. Have 2 more days left on the prednisone. Don't know what the xray will show tomorrow, but hopefully will be good news. Humidity is really high here today and I haven't been breathing so well. I called the pulmo doc this morning that I was supposed to follow up with this week and he is still STUCK IN INDIA and can't get back. They said for definite, he won't be back this week. Told me to follow up with my family physician. I don't even have one here yet since I moved, so depending on what happens tomorrow, guess I will need to find one on Wednesday. Until then, guess I will wait

and see what tomorrow brings. I am thankful it was not a nicked nerve for me. I can only imagine that must have been horribly painful!! Don't you wonder sometimes why they can't find these things sooner than they do with all the modern day technology? The only pain killer they gave me was Lorcet Plus (which the surgeon gave me) and I am nearly out of those. I was planning to ask for a refill tomorrow since my pulmo doc is out of pocket, but don't know if they will give it to me or not. Guess we will find out. Hope you all have a great night!!

Will let you know tomorrow how it goes. Oh yeah, I had a wonderful B-day today!!! (Was just glad to have another one!!) Kids and my cousin and her husband took me out to dinner at Margarita's (a Mexican restaurant here) and 4 guys came out and sang Happy Birthday in Spanish (the only thing I understood was Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro!! LOL!!!). But it was really fun. What is even funnier is that it turns out the guys who sang live in the apartment next door to me!!!! What a hoot!!! I knew they looked awfully familiar!!! Was really a fun day!! Caro Caro <gina.francisbigpond> wrote: Yes Caro I had strong pain that lasted ages...I went back to my GP, got checked for pulmonary embolisms, pneumothorax etc. I was told not to worry it would be a few more days but it got worse so I ended up in th ER Department 'cos it was quite severe. There they decided after more checks that it was a 'nicked' nerve! I was on heavy duty pain killers for a long time & now I stil have 'shadow' pain & tingley sensation. In any case you should report any worsening pain &

get checked. I was told to expect moderate discomfort for about a week..I got a lot more than I had bargained on!Take Care, it's not an everyday procedure.. in Oz>> Hi all, > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have finally stopped coughing > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > I am in so much pain, it is

unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > make it through half the day. > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > Caro> CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I don't want to leave anyone out, so I will say THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE!! For the Birthday wishes!!! This was the best birthday I believe I have ever had!! I went back for follow-up appointment with the surgeon today. Had another CXR. It showed I still have pneumonia in both lungs, worse in the right, and now I have a pleural effusion in the right lung that was not there on Friday. He just said he is dismissing from a surgical standpoint and to stay on the Levaquin and the prednisone. I will finish the prednisone tomorrow and I just got the Levaquin last night and took it before I went to bed and had a horrible reaction. I got terrible heartburn, leg cramps, night sweats, and then really bad stabbing pains in my right side even worse than Friday. I think I finally fell asleep around 4a.m., then had to

get up at 8 to go to the appointment. Has this ever happened to anyone else from the Levaquin? He said if my pulmo doc is not back soon, that I need to follow up with my pulmonary doc down there. (Didn't say how soon is SOON!!) Then he acted like he got upset because I asked for an extension of my pain medication until the pulmo doc got back. I still have a few left but I didn't want to totally run out while he is still out of the country. Anyway, he gave me some Darvocet-N 100, which should be okay if I need anything. I don't take it all the time anyway. Well, enough about me. Bruce, I hope you are feeling better today. Anyone else heard from Irene? I hope everyone else is better today. I pray for each and everyone to have a healthful day and be at some sort of peace with this disease. CaroLeanne Storch wrote: Caro, Happy Belated! Glad to hear you had a good day. LeanneDawn Green <dawn73nbnet (DOT) nb.ca> wrote: Happy Belated Birthday,

Carolyn. I guess I somehow missed that it was your birthday yesterday. I’m also sorry to hear how sick you are! I hope that you are able to get in contact with a GP soon to follow up with, since your Pulmonologist is out of the country. :o( Praying, Dawn in N.B. -----Original Message-----From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Carolyn WadeSent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:36 AMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Re: Question about VATS Hi , I did go and get it checked out on Friday and they said I have pneumonia in both lungs, far worse in the right. Sent me home on Levaquin and prednisone taper. I have appointment with the surgeon tomorrow for follow up. Have to get chest xray first and then go to appointment afterwards. My mom said pack a bag just in case they keep you. Guess I was right to go and get it checked out. Wal-Mart was out of the Levaquin so I was not able to get it until today. Have 2 more days left on the prednisone. Don't know what the xray will show tomorrow, but hopefully will be good news. Humidity is really high here today and I haven't been breathing so well. I called the pulmo doc this morning that I was supposed to follow up with this week and he is still STUCK IN INDIA and can't get back. They said for definite, he won't be back this week. Told me

to follow up with my family physician. I don't even have one here yet since I moved, so depending on what happens tomorrow, guess I will need to find one on Wednesday. Until then, guess I will wait and see what tomorrow brings. I am thankful it was not a nicked nerve for me. I can only imagine that must have been horribly painful!! Don't you wonder sometimes why they can't find these things sooner than they do with all the modern day technology? The only pain killer they gave me was Lorcet Plus (which the surgeon gave me) and I am nearly out of those. I was planning to ask for a refill tomorrow since my pulmo doc is out of pocket, but don't know if they will give it to me or not. Guess we will find out. Hope you all have a great night!! Will let you know tomorrow how it goes. Oh yeah, I had a wonderful B-day today!!! (Was just glad to have another one!!) Kids and my cousin and her husband took me out to dinner at Margarita's (a Mexican restaurant here) and 4 guys came out and sang Happy Birthday in Spanish (the only thing I understood was Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro!! LOL!!!). But it was really fun. What is even funnier is that it turns out the guys who sang live in the apartment next door to me!!!! What a hoot!!! I knew they looked awfully familiar!!! Was really a fun day!! Caro Caro <gina.francisbigpond> wrote: Yes Caro I had strong pain that lasted ages...I went back to my GP, got checked for pulmonary embolisms, pneumothorax etc. I was told not to worry it would be a few more days but it got worse so I ended up in th ER Department 'cos it was quite severe. There they decided after

more checks that it was a 'nicked' nerve! I was on heavy duty pain killers for a long time & now I stil have 'shadow' pain & tingley sensation. In any case you should report any worsening pain & get checked. I was told to expect moderate discomfort for about a week..I got a lot more than I had bargained on!Take Care, it's not an everyday procedure.. in Oz>> Hi all, > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have

finally stopped coughing > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > make it through half the day. > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > Caro> CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

I don't want to leave anyone out, so I will say THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE!! For the Birthday wishes!!! This was the best birthday I believe I have ever had!! I went back for follow-up appointment with the surgeon today. Had another CXR. It showed I still have pneumonia in both lungs, worse in the right, and now I have a pleural effusion in the right lung that was not there on Friday. He just said he is dismissing from a surgical standpoint and to stay on the Levaquin and the prednisone. I will finish the prednisone tomorrow and I just got the Levaquin last night and took it before I went to bed and had a horrible reaction. I got terrible heartburn, leg cramps, night sweats, and then really bad stabbing pains in my right side even worse than Friday. I think I finally fell asleep around 4a.m., then had to

get up at 8 to go to the appointment. Has this ever happened to anyone else from the Levaquin? He said if my pulmo doc is not back soon, that I need to follow up with my pulmonary doc down there. (Didn't say how soon is SOON!!) Then he acted like he got upset because I asked for an extension of my pain medication until the pulmo doc got back. I still have a few left but I didn't want to totally run out while he is still out of the country. Anyway, he gave me some Darvocet-N 100, which should be okay if I need anything. I don't take it all the time anyway. Well, enough about me. Bruce, I hope you are feeling better today. Anyone else heard from Irene? I hope everyone else is better today. I pray for each and everyone to have a healthful day and be at some sort of peace with this disease. CaroLeanne Storch wrote: Caro, Happy Belated! Glad to hear you had a good day. LeanneDawn Green <dawn73nbnet (DOT) nb.ca> wrote: Happy Belated Birthday,

Carolyn. I guess I somehow missed that it was your birthday yesterday. I’m also sorry to hear how sick you are! I hope that you are able to get in contact with a GP soon to follow up with, since your Pulmonologist is out of the country. :o( Praying, Dawn in N.B. -----Original Message-----From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Carolyn WadeSent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:36 AMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Re: Question about VATS Hi , I did go and get it checked out on Friday and they said I have pneumonia in both lungs, far worse in the right. Sent me home on Levaquin and prednisone taper. I have appointment with the surgeon tomorrow for follow up. Have to get chest xray first and then go to appointment afterwards. My mom said pack a bag just in case they keep you. Guess I was right to go and get it checked out. Wal-Mart was out of the Levaquin so I was not able to get it until today. Have 2 more days left on the prednisone. Don't know what the xray will show tomorrow, but hopefully will be good news. Humidity is really high here today and I haven't been breathing so well. I called the pulmo doc this morning that I was supposed to follow up with this week and he is still STUCK IN INDIA and can't get back. They said for definite, he won't be back this week. Told me

to follow up with my family physician. I don't even have one here yet since I moved, so depending on what happens tomorrow, guess I will need to find one on Wednesday. Until then, guess I will wait and see what tomorrow brings. I am thankful it was not a nicked nerve for me. I can only imagine that must have been horribly painful!! Don't you wonder sometimes why they can't find these things sooner than they do with all the modern day technology? The only pain killer they gave me was Lorcet Plus (which the surgeon gave me) and I am nearly out of those. I was planning to ask for a refill tomorrow since my pulmo doc is out of pocket, but don't know if they will give it to me or not. Guess we will find out. Hope you all have a great night!! Will let you know tomorrow how it goes. Oh yeah, I had a wonderful B-day today!!! (Was just glad to have another one!!) Kids and my cousin and her husband took me out to dinner at Margarita's (a Mexican restaurant here) and 4 guys came out and sang Happy Birthday in Spanish (the only thing I understood was Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro!! LOL!!!). But it was really fun. What is even funnier is that it turns out the guys who sang live in the apartment next door to me!!!! What a hoot!!! I knew they looked awfully familiar!!! Was really a fun day!! Caro Caro <gina.francisbigpond> wrote: Yes Caro I had strong pain that lasted ages...I went back to my GP, got checked for pulmonary embolisms, pneumothorax etc. I was told not to worry it would be a few more days but it got worse so I ended up in th ER Department 'cos it was quite severe. There they decided after

more checks that it was a 'nicked' nerve! I was on heavy duty pain killers for a long time & now I stil have 'shadow' pain & tingley sensation. In any case you should report any worsening pain & get checked. I was told to expect moderate discomfort for about a week..I got a lot more than I had bargained on!Take Care, it's not an everyday procedure.. in Oz>> Hi all, > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have

finally stopped coughing > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > make it through half the day. > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > Caro> CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

As to when to see another pulmonologist, I would say " yesterday. " It

would be one thing if you knew a specific date when the doctor was

returning from India, but as the date is basically that he may return

sometime, I wouldn't wait. Then if suddenly he's back you can see

him. His whole situation is very strange.

I'm sure I'll get an Irene update this evening. She continues to work

somehow. She was exhausted for good reason when she got home

yesterday after doctor, tests, and work. She went to sleep and got a

good bit before she woke with severe pain this morning. If I were her

doctor she'd be in the hospital. At least she isn't scheduled to work

tomorrow and Thursday. I haven't heard from her since 7:42 this

morning so just wait for an update. I did just text her.

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I

am

> > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time

I

> > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and

splint to

> > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp

pain

> > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this

be

> > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have finally stopped

coughing

> > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on

> > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or

1:30

> > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the

severe

> > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I

tend to

> > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never

been

> > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing

pain.

> > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at

least

> > make it through half the day.

> >

> > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.

> >

> > Caro

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> Caro

> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08

> Mississippi

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Yahoo! Search.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

>

> Caro

> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08

> Mississippi

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

Dear Caro,

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling. You must feel as tho'

you've been left high n' dry with your Pulmo out of Town. Take to your

bed m'dear...take to your bed! Ring for the Maid...call Jeeves....dial

the House-boy...Oh if only it were THAT simple ......

At any rate REST as muchas you are able!

in Oz

> >> > Hi all, > > > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have finally stopped coughing > > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > > make it through half the day. > > > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > > > Caro> >> > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > > ---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

So

sorry to hear you had such a terrible reaction to the Levaquin,

Carolyn! YIKES!!! Hoping it calms down quickly and your Pulmonologist gets back SOON!

Hugs,

Dawn in N.B.

Re:

Caro

I don't want to leave anyone out, so I will say THANKS

SO MUCH TO EVERYONE!! For the Birthday wishes!!! This was the

best birthday I believe I have ever had!!

I went back for follow-up appointment with the surgeon

today. Had another CXR. It showed I still have pneumonia in both

lungs, worse in the right, and now I have a pleural effusion in the right lung

that was not there on Friday. He just said he is dismissing from a

surgical standpoint and to stay on the Levaquin and the prednisone. I

will finish the prednisone tomorrow and I just got the Levaquin last night and

took it before I went to bed and had a horrible reaction. I got terrible

heartburn, leg cramps, night sweats, and then really bad stabbing pains

in my right side even worse than Friday. I think I finally fell

asleep around 4a.m., then had to get up at 8 to go to the appointment.

Has this ever happened to anyone else from the Levaquin? He said if

my pulmo doc is not back soon, that I need to follow up with my pulmonary doc

down there. (Didn't say how soon is SOON!!) Then he acted like he

got upset because I asked for an extension of my pain medication until the

pulmo doc got back. I still have a few left but I didn't want to totally

run out while he is still out of the country. Anyway, he gave me some

Darvocet-N 100, which should be okay if I need anything. I don't take it

all the time anyway.

Well, enough about me.

Bruce, I hope you are feeling better today.

Anyone else heard from Irene? I hope everyone else is better today.

I pray for each and everyone to have a healthful day and be at some sort of

peace with this disease.

Caro

Leanne Storch

wrote:

Caro,

Happy Belated! Glad to hear you had a good day.

Leanne

Dawn Green

<dawn73nbnet (DOT) nb.ca> wrote:

Happy

Belated Birthday, Carolyn. I guess I somehow missed that it was your birthday

yesterday. I’m also sorry to hear how sick you are! I hope

that you are able to get in contact with a GP soon to follow up with, since

your Pulmonologist is out of the country. :o(

Praying,

Dawn

in N.B.

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo

your homepage.

Caro

Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/0, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08

Mississippi

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo

your homepage.

Thanks . I do feel like I have been left high and dry. You kinda would think that if he is the only pulmo doc in town, he would have someone to cover for him when he is out, ya know? Doesn't make much sense to me. Caro wrote: Dear Caro, Sorry to hear that you're still struggling. You must feel as tho' you've been

left high n' dry with your Pulmo out of Town. Take to your bed m'dear...take to your bed! Ring for the Maid...call Jeeves....dial the House-boy...Oh if only it were THAT simple ...... At any rate REST as muchas you are able! in Oz > >> > Hi all, > > > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > > from where the tube was inside my

lung? Have finally stopped coughing > > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being impatient (I tend to > > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > > make it through half the day. > > > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > > > Caro> >> > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > >

---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Thanks !! I hear them playing their guitars all hours of the day and night almost everyday. At least MY bedroom is on the OTHER side of the apartment (for the night owls anyhoo)!!! It was a real treat for them to actually sing to me, though!! Carodenise randel wrote: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARO! Your day sounded wonderful. How funny that your serenaders are your

neighbors. Take care- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: Re: Question about VATS Hi , I did go and get it checked out on Friday and they said I have pneumonia in both lungs, far worse in the right. Sent me home on Levaquin and prednisone taper. I have appointment with the surgeon tomorrow for follow up. Have to get chest xray first and then go to

appointment afterwards. My mom said pack a bag just in case they keep you. Guess I was right to go and get it checked out. Wal-Mart was out of the Levaquin so I was not able to get it until today. Have 2 more days left on the prednisone. Don't know what the xray will show tomorrow, but hopefully will be good news. Humidity is really high here today and I haven't been breathing so well. I called the pulmo doc this morning that I was supposed to follow up with this week and he is still STUCK IN INDIA and can't get back. They said for definite, he won't be back this week. Told me to follow up with my family physician. I don't even have one here yet since I moved, so depending on what happens tomorrow, guess I will need to find one on Wednesday. Until then, guess I will wait and see what tomorrow brings. I am thankful it was not a nicked nerve for me. I can only imagine that must have been horribly

painful!! Don't you wonder sometimes why they can't find these things sooner than they do with all the modern day technology? The only pain killer they gave me was Lorcet Plus (which the surgeon gave me) and I am nearly out of those. I was planning to ask for a refill tomorrow since my pulmo doc is out of pocket, but don't know if they will give it to me or not. Guess we will find out. Hope you all have a great night!! Will let you know tomorrow how it goes. Oh yeah, I had a wonderful B-day today!!! (Was just glad to have another one!!) Kids and my cousin and her husband took me out to dinner at Margarita's (a Mexican restaurant here) and 4 guys came out and sang Happy Birthday in Spanish (the only thing I understood was Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro!! LOL!!!). But it was really fun. What is even funnier is that it turns out the guys who sang live in the apartment

next door to me!!!! What a hoot!!! I knew they looked awfully familiar!!! Was really a fun day!! Caro Caro <gina.francis@ bigpond.com> wrote: Yes Caro I had strong pain that lasted ages...I went back to my GP, got checked for pulmonary embolisms, pneumothorax etc. I was told not to worry it would be a few more days but it got worse so I ended up in th ER Department 'cos it was quite severe. There they decided after more checks that it was a 'nicked' nerve! I was on heavy duty pain killers for a long time & now I stil have 'shadow' pain & tingley sensation. In any case you should report any worsening pain & get checked. I was told to expect moderate discomfort for about a week..I got a lot

more than I had bargained on!Take Care, it's not an everyday procedure.. in Oz>> Hi all, > > I know several of you have been through the VATS procedure and I am > just 1 week and 3 days out. Still having lots of pain. Each time I > cough, I have to hold my side where the tube was placed and splint to > cough. If not, it is unbearable. I also have this nagging sharp pain > under my right breast (mine was right-sided biopsy). Could this be > from where the tube was inside my lung? Have finally stopped coughing > up blood. Went back to work (home as medical transcriptionist) on > Monday. So far this week, I begin shift at 8 a.m. and by noon or 1:30 > I am in so much pain, it is unreal. Has anyone else had the severe > pain to last for this long? Maybe I am just being

impatient (I tend to > do that), but I don't really know what to expect as I have never been > through this before. I even woke up this morning the stabbing pain. > Haven't taken any pain medication yet, though. Was trying to at least > make it through half the day. > > Thanks again for all the ears and the helpful info.> > Caro>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.