RemedySpot.com

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccck!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello

Blimey, you lot don't half chat while my back's turned!!!

Dawn, They already know that my lungs are bad enough. I saw a ct scan of my lungs which was quite interesting. Basically my right lung is a useless mass of scar tissue, my left lung is a little better as there is some normal tissue in there, but the bottom half is scarred and the on the edges of the normal tissue is evidence of active disease. The tests are for the transplant team to assess my health otherwise. Liver, kidney functions, cardio-vascular systems etc. They will have to decide on several factors including the chances of me surviving the operation, which as the rest of my systems are quite strong should be fairly high, and the anticipated return of the PF. As mine is as a result of the AI disease, they will have to determine whether they think I'll get some reasonable use out of the new lungs, or whether the PF will attack the new lungs agressively and have me back in the position I'm in now a short time after the op.

I still have to have a bone density scan done, but that's at a different hospital, so i'm just waiting for the appointment.

Love Ze xx> >> > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little while. > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and> > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food> > more bareable [:D]> > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets see> > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > they're a bit better this time.> > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > Love Ze xx> >>

Zena, glad to have you back on board. Is the evaluation complete? I

missed you even though I sent my " supporting " e-mail to . (lol)

Thank goodness, you are such a warrior and all other systems appear

to be good. How long before you find out about being listed?

Hugs and good wishes!

Kathie WA nsip '96, etc

> > >

> > >

> > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little

> while.

> > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at

3.30 and

> > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the

> food

> > > more bareable [:D]

> > >

> > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so

lets

> see

> > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3

days, but

> > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope

> > > they're a bit better this time.

> > >

> > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.

> > >

> > > Love Ze xx

> > >

> >

>

Hi Kathie. This was round one. I still have a bone scan to have done, but that won't take long. Now these results go to the transplant team and they will decide if I can go further. It should take about 2months now before I get a definite yes. I could get a definite no, or a maybe if you do this any time between now and then. I see my chest physician on the 3rd March, and I'm hoping that she'll have some info by then.

Love Ze xx> > > >> > > >> > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little> > while.> > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at > 3.30 and> > > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the> > food> > > > more bareable [:D]> > > >> > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so > lets> > see> > > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 > days, but> > > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > > > they're a bit better this time.> > > >> > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > >> > > > Love Ze xx> > > >> > >> >>

lol, glad your back. now you take care of your little british self. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. Hello Blimey, you lot don't half chat while my back's turned!!!Dawn, They already know that my lungs are bad enough.  I saw a ct scan of my lungs which was quite interesting.  Basically my right lung is a useless mass of scar tissue, my left lung is a little better as there is some normal tissue in there, but the bottom half is scarred and the on the edges of the normal tissue is evidence of active disease.    The tests are for the transplant team to assess my health otherwise.  Liver, kidney functions, cardio-vascular systems etc.  They will have to decide on several factors including the chances of me surviving the operation, which as the rest of my systems are quite strong should be fairly high, and the anticipated return of the PF.  As mine is as a result of the AI disease, they will have to determine whether they think I'll get some reasonable use out of the new lungs, or whether the PF will attack the new lungs agressively and have me back in the position I'm in now a short time after the op. I still have to have a bone density scan done, but that's at a different hospital, so i'm just waiting for the appointment.Love Ze xx> >> > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little while. > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and> > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food> > more bareable [:D]> > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets see> > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > they're a bit better this time.> > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > Love Ze xx> >>

Zena,

Sounds like the worst part of the evaluation is done. Well, maybe

not. The worst part may be the waiting. I'll be with you in spirit

as you take the journey, whatever the results. I'm sending hugs and

lots of positive energy your way!

Kathie

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a

little

> > > while.

> > > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at

> > 3.30 and

> > > > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to

make the

> > > food

> > > > > more bareable [:D]

> > > > >

> > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a

transplant, so

> > lets

> > > see

> > > > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3

> > days, but

> > > > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets

hope

> > > > > they're a bit better this time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Love Ze xx

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Glad you are back Zena. We missed you. We have been to the Salt Caves and mud baths since you have been gone. Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccck!

Hello

Blimey, you lot don't half chat while my back's turned!!!

Dawn, They already know that my lungs are bad enough. I saw a ct scan of my lungs which was quite interesting. Basically my right lung is a useless mass of scar tissue, my left lung is a little better as there is some normal tissue in there, but the bottom half is scarred and the on the edges of the normal tissue is evidence of active disease. The tests are for the transplant team to assess my health otherwise. Liver, kidney functions, cardio-vascular systems etc. They will have to decide on several factors including the chances of me surviving the operation, which as the rest of my systems are quite strong should be fairly high, and the anticipated return of the PF. As mine is as a result of the AI disease, they will have to determine whether they think I'll get some reasonable use out of the new lungs, or whether the PF will attack the new lungs agressively and

have me back in the position I'm in now a short time after the op.

I still have to have a bone density scan done, but that's at a different hospital, so i'm just waiting for the appointment.

Love Ze xx> >> > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little while. > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school

at 3.30 and> > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food> > more bareable [:D]> > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets see> > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > they're a bit better this time.> > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > Love Ze xx> >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Our dearest Warrior Princess,

What courage you're displaying as you go into BATTLE, for that is what this situation is! I'm hoping so MUCH that this all turns out well for you...

in Oz> > >> > >> > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little> while.> > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and> > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the> food> > > more bareable [:D]> > >> > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets> see> > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > > they're a bit better this time.> > >> > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > >> > > Love Ze xx> > >> >>

ah Ze the waiting is going to be a real PAIN but we'l be on tenterhooks right alongside you. You'll need LOTS of distreaction!

GIO> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little> > > while.> > > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at> > 3.30 and> > > > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the> > > food> > > > > more bareable [:D]> > > > >> > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so> > lets> > > see> > > > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3> > days, but> > > > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > > > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > >> > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > >> > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

I checked out the link for the salt caves, they were beautiful. I've had a full mud bath many years ago next to the dead sea. It's a full body treatment, slaver yourself in the mud, wallow for a bit as the mud is quite warm, wash it off in the dead sea, you really do float, it's quite bizarre, you can only walk in the sea up to a certain depth until your feet start floating up Then you have a dip in the natural hot springs which smell of sulphur!

Love Ze xx> > >> > > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little while. > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and> > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food> > > more bareable [:D]> > > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets see> > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > > > Love Ze xx> > >> >> > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Sounds delightful!! LeanneZena wrote: I checked out the link for the salt caves, they were beautiful. I've had a full mud bath many years ago next to the dead sea. It's a full body treatment, slaver yourself in the mud, wallow for a bit as the mud is quite warm, wash it off in the dead sea, you really do float, it's quite bizarre, you can only walk in the sea up to a certain depth until your feet start floating up

Then you have a dip in the natural hot springs which smell of sulphur! Love Ze xx> > >> > > > >

> I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little while. > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and> > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food> > > more bareable [:D]> > > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets see> > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > > > Love Ze xx> > >> >> > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better

friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I'm currently entertaining myself describing the CT scan to anyone brave enough to ask!

Love Ze xx> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little> > > > while.> > > > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at> > > 3.30 and> > > > > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make> the> > > > food> > > > > > more bareable [:D]> > > > > >> > > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant,> so> > > lets> > > > see> > > > > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3> > > days, but> > > > > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets> hope> > > > > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > > >> > > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > > >> > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Ahhhhhhh….I see. Thanks for the explanation. It’s all so interesting, yet scary

at the same time. I just feel so

much for you all, having to endure it!! This is all so new to me, yet I realize I

may soon be in the same exact situation that some of you are in. What a hard and quick lesson all this

is, eh?? However, I am so grateful

to learn it from “real people”, rather than just a bunch of medical

‘mumbo jumbo’.

Dawn in N.B.

I'm

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccck!

Hello

Blimey, you

lot don't half chat while my back's turned!!!

Dawn, They

already know that my lungs are bad enough. I saw a ct scan of my lungs

which was quite interesting. Basically my right lung is a useless mass of

scar tissue, my left lung is a little better as there is some normal tissue in

there, but the bottom half is scarred and the on the edges of the normal tissue

is evidence of active disease. The tests are for the transplant

team to assess my health otherwise. Liver, kidney functions,

cardio-vascular systems etc. They will have to decide on several factors

including the chances of me surviving the operation, which as the rest of my

systems are quite strong should be fairly high, and the anticipated return of

the PF. As mine is as a result of the AI disease, they will have to

determine whether they think I'll get some reasonable use out of the new lungs,

or whether the PF will attack the new lungs agressively and have me back in the

position I'm in now a short timeafter the op.

I still have

to have a bone density scan done, but that's at a different hospital, so i'm

just waiting for the appointment.

Love Ze xx

> >

> >

> > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little while.

> > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and

> > then makingour way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food

> > more bareable [:D]

> >

> > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets

see

> > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but

> > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope

> > they're a bit better this time.

> >

> > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.

> >

> > Love Ze xx

> >

>

Not necessarily soon. I was diagnosed with PF about 10 years ago, but my lung problems started 14 years ago, talking to the doc that was taking me through my scan that's probably when the PF started. So it's taken me that long to get into this position. It does make a difference talking to people who have actually been there rather than a doc who might know the theory but has never been there and really doesn't know how 'uncomfortable' things really are.

Love Ze xx> > >> > > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a little> while. > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at 3.30 and> > > then makingour way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make the food> > > more bareable [:D]> > > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant, so lets> see> > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3 days, but> > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets hope> > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > > > Love Ze xx> > >> >>

I'd LOVE to hear your description! I bet it's COLOURFUL!

GIO> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a> little> > > > > while.> > > > > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school at> > > > 3.30 and> > > > > > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to make> > the> > > > > food> > > > > > > more bareable [:D]> > > > > > >> > > > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a transplant,> > so> > > > lets> > > > > see> > > > > > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3> > > > days, but> > > > > > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there. Lets> > hope> > > > > > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need it.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

It probably gets more colourful with each telling too! The right lung looks like a still of the milkyway with lots of shooting stars and a few wisps of cloud, the same for the lower part of my left lung. The active disease looks like a more cloudy night, but you can still see the milky way, while the normal tissue looks like a clear night somewhere with light pollution!

Thats the short version! It really helped me having a visual image of what's happening in there, no wonder I can't breathe!!!!

Love Ze xx> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I have a bed at the hospital today, so I'll be off in a> > little> > > > > > while.> > > > > > > > It's 12.40 pm here, we'll be picking Lili up from school> at> > > > > 3.30 and> > > > > > > > then making our way. I'm all packed, including stuff to> make> > > the> > > > > > food> > > > > > > > more bareable [:D]> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > This is the first round of evaluation test for a> transplant,> > > so> > > > > lets> > > > > > see> > > > > > > > what they have to say. They expect me to be in for about 3> > > > > days, but> > > > > > > > they weren't that organised the last time I was there.> Lets> > > hope> > > > > > > > they're a bit better this time.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Send love strength and healing vibes to those that need> it.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>