RemedySpot.com

Re: news

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh

Brett….I’m very sorry to hear about your

brother’s diagnosis! I can

tell by your email that you’re just heartbroken for him and that you

desperately want your other brother to get checked as well (as would I)! I would definitely tell Corey about Aron’s diagnosis though, because he NEEDS to be

assessed…especially with your family’s history. I think he’s just in a state of

denial but with this disease, you just can’t keep your head buried in the

sand and pretend it doesn’t exist.

Oh, how I wish that were so!!

I don’t think we’ve been

formally “introduced”, but my name is Dawn and I live in N. B., Canada and I was just told that I have PF last

Thursday. May I ask how old you are

and how old your Mom was when she passed away from this disease? Looking forward to getting to know you….

Dawn

news

Well I wish the news was good

as some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't

know how to tell my brother's

since my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they

would not handle it so well

so I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own

well being

that they needed to get checked out as well.

so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so well

aron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an

appointment.

cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked out

aron called me as soon as he left the dr.

asking when my next trip to U of M was because " I need to go too he

said "

aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his

lungs (ground glass)

his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the

same doc. as me

I went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all

the stuff and said

well as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your

mother and grandmother

passed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what

I see here but

the chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family history

and that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy

aron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't

you)

as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20%

chance it could be NSIP.

without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trials

but Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.

so that's were he is at.

cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or not

he's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory

won't do anything about it

witch I don't blame him

we are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support

that.

even though were triplets ....... everyone is different

Im sorry I kept all of you waiting for the news

and I wish the news was better

thanks' for listening and being here for me

BRETT

brett bowser

brettvectordist

brett

well done you for facing telling them.

people need time. even after going through everything

and getting your daignosis we still need time to absorb

and accept the news. dont you think somewhere in the

recesses of their minds they knew it was possible?

i am sorry your news wasn't something good too but you did what you

had to do and although there is no cure (yet), there is

loads to do to help the condition.

the exacerbation that forced me to the doctors happened dec 06 and i

just do not give my lungs any reason to deteriorate. i take imuran

(no pred) and eat as good as i can to ensure my body doesn't have to

ameliorate more toxins than necessary.

again well done.

may

>

> Well I wish the news was good

>

> as some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I

didn't

> know how to tell my brother's

> since my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they

> would not handle it so well

> so I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there

own

> well being

> that they needed to get checked out as well.

>

> so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so well

> aron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an

> appointment.

> cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked out

> aron called me as soon as he left the dr.

> asking when my next trip to U of M was because " I need to go too

he

> said "

> aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his

> lungs (ground glass)

> his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see

the

> same doc. as me

> I went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at

all

> the stuff and said

>

> well as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and,

your

> mother and grandmother

> passed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on

what

> I see here but

> the chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family

history

> and that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy

> aron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or

don't

> you)

> as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20%

> chance it could be NSIP.

>

> without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trials

> but Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.

> so that's were he is at.

>

> cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or

not

> he's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,,

cory

> won't do anything about it

> witch I don't blame him

> we are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will

support

> that.

> even though were triplets ....... everyone is different

>

> Im sorry I kept all of you waiting for the news

> and I wish the news was better

> thanks' for listening and being here for me

> BRETT

>

>

> brett bowser

> brett@...

>

Brett,

I'm so sorry that the news you had wasn't the kind of news you wanted to share. It's hard to even imagine the pain the three of you are in....

Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."

news

Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at

all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will

support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist (DOT) com

Brett, my heart just breaks for you boys. It is just so unfair when bad things happen to good people.. I have all the faith in the world in my God so I know He has a plan for us. I have all three of you in my prayer box. every time a preacher or church people come to visit we pray over that box. and I do regularly.  Words just aren't enough.God Bless You Boys.. Love and Prayers, Peggyipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist

Dawn Im 40yrs. old and my grandmother passed away from IPF when she was only 32my mother was dx when she was 54 ,, lung transplant at age 57 and then passed away 2-day's afterher 59th. birthday BRETT Oh Brett….I’m very sorry to hear about your brother’s diagnosis! I can tell by your email that you’re just heartbroken for him and that you desperately want your other brother to get checked as well (as would I)! I would definitely tell Corey about Aron’s diagnosis though, because he NEEDS to be assessed…especially with your family’s history. I think he’s just in a state of denial but with this disease, you just can’t keep your head buried in the sand and pretend it doesn’t exist. Oh, how I wish that were so!! I don’t think we’ve been formally “introduced”, but my name is Dawn and I live in N. B., Canada and I was just told that I have PF last Thursday. May I ask how old you are and how old your Mom was when she passed away from this disease? Looking forward to getting to know you…. Dawn news Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist brett bowserbrett@...

Hi Brett, I am so sorry to hear about the news for your brother and yourself. I, too, just got diagnosed with UIP a little over 2 weeks ago. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and any time you need an ear, I am here to listen. Caro Beth wrote: Brett, I'm so sorry that the news you had wasn't the kind of news you

wanted to share. It's hard to even imagine the pain the three of you are in.... Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers! Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 "For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love." news Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays

& ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will

tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist (DOT) com CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06, UIP 01/08Mississippi

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I HATE THIS DISEASE! I'm so sorry that your family is going through all this. I'm glad that you started the dialogue with your brothers. Everyone deals with it so differently. Glad you can lean on each other. We HAVE to find a cure. And SOON. Leannebrett bowser wrote: Dawn Im 40yrs. old and my grandmother passed away from IPF when she was only 32 my mother was dx when she was 54 ,,

lung transplant at age 57 and then passed away 2-day's after her 59th. birthday BRETT Oh Brett….I’m very sorry

to hear about your brother’s diagnosis! I can tell by your email that you’re just heartbroken for him and that you desperately want your other brother to get checked as well (as would I)! I would definitely tell Corey about Aron’s diagnosis though, because he NEEDS to be assessed…especially with your family’s history. I think he’s just in a state of denial but with this disease, you just can’t keep your head buried in the sand and pretend it doesn’t exist. Oh, how I wish that were so!! I don’t think we’ve been formally “introduced”, but my name is Dawn and I live in N. B., Canada and I was just told that I have PF last Thursday. May I ask how old you are and how old your Mom was when she passed away from this disease? Looking forward to getting to know you…. Dawn news Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the

dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron

doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for

meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist brett bowser brettvectordist

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Oh Brett, I'm so sorry.

Love Ze x>> Well I wish the news was good> > as some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't > know how to tell my brother's> since my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they > would not handle it so well> so I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own > well being> that they needed to get checked out as well.> > so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so well> aron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an > appointment.> cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked out> aron called me as soon as he left the dr.> asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he > said"> aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his > lungs (ground glass)> his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the > same doc. as me> I went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all > the stuff and said> > well as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your > mother and grandmother> passed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what > I see here but> the chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family history> and that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy> aron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't > you)> as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% > chance it could be NSIP.> > without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trials> but Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.> so that's were he is at.> > cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or not> he's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory > won't do anything about it> witch I don't blame him> we are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support > that.> even though were triplets ....... everyone is different> > Im sorry I kept all of you waiting for the news> and I wish the news was better> thanks' for listening and being here for me> BRETT> > > brett bowser> brett@...>

Oh Brett,

There are just no words I can think of to tell you how my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry. You and your beautiful family are in my prayers.

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

news

Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at

all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will

support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist (DOT) com

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

thank you deniseOh Brett, There are just no words I can think of to tell you how my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry. You and your beautiful family are in my prayers. Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California newsWell I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too hesaid"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will supportthat.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist (DOT) comLooking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. brett bowserbrett@...

Brett I am so sorry to hear about your brother Aron

lets hope that Cory can come to grips with it and you

all work on staying stable. You are in my thoughts and

prayers.

IPF 2/07 IL

--- brett bowser wrote:

>

> as some of you know I am an identical triplet, when

> I was dx I didn't

> since my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I

> figured they

> so I waited , and I realized that I have to tell

> them for there own

> well being

>

> so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news

> so well

> aron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he

> would make an

> appointment.

> asking when my next trip to U of M was because " I

> need to go too he

> said "

> aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not

> right in his

> lungs (ground glass)

> his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the

> appointment to see the

> same doc. as me

> I went with him this last monday and like I thought

> he looked at all

> the stuff and said

>

> well as you know your brother Brett, has vats.

> confirmed UIP and, your

> mother and grandmother

> passed away from the same thing. now I can't make a

> dx. based on what

> I see here but

> the chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given

> your family history

> and that the only way to know for sure is to do a

> biopsy

> aron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want

> to know or don't

> you)

> as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but

> there is a 20%

>

> without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical

> trials

> but Im not sure he even want's to participate in

> those.

>

> cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron

> will tell him or not

> he's going to find out sooner or later, but it

> doesn't matter,, cory

> we are vary close and whatever those two decide to

> do I will support

> that.

> even though were triplets ....... everyone is

> different

>

> BRETT

>

>

> brett bowser

> brett@...

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Brett,

I can't find words to express how sorry I feel about your news.

Others have said what I feel only much more eloquently than I could.

I will pray for strength and wisdom for you and your brothers. May

God bless you and your loved ones.

Kathie WA NSIP '96

>

>

didn't

own

> well being

>

> appointment.

he

> said "

> lungs (ground glass)

the

> same doc. as me

all

> the stuff and said

>

your

> mother and grandmother

what

> I see here but

history

don't

> you)

>

>

> cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or

not

cory

support

> that.

>

> BRETT

>

>

> brett bowser

> brett@...

>

Brett... I'm really sorry to hear about Aron and Cory... how awful this disease can be. It's bad enough to have it yourself but now Aron and perhaps Cory.

When I simply don't know what to say, I say, "Damnit!". You and your brothers get the best damnit I have today!

God bless you all Brett.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

news

Well I wish the news was goodas some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't know how to tell my brother'ssince my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they would not handle it so wellso I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own well beingthat they needed to get checked out as well.so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so wellaron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an appointment.cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked outaron called me as soon as he left the dr.asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he said"aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his lungs (ground glass)his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the same doc. as meI went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all the stuff and saidwell as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your mother and grandmotherpassed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what I see here butthe chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family historyand that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsyaron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't you)as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% chance it could be NSIP.without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trialsbut Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.so that's were he is at.cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or nothe's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory won't do anything about itwitch I don't blame himwe are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support that.even though were triplets ....... everyone is differentIm sorry I kept all of you waiting for the newsand I wish the news was betterthanks' for listening and being here for meBRETTbrett bowserbrettvectordist

I know Cory doesn't want to know. There are times I've thought what

if I'd not insisted and never found out. What if I'd just gone on

living and not knowing until I just died naturally whenever it came?

Well, here's the answer to that. I'd be walking around completely out

of breath, unable to accomplish much of anything and really

frustrated not knowing why. I'd be thinking I needed exercise and yet

completely unable to do so without oxygen. My kidneys would be

further damaged, my heart probably further and my pulmonary

hypertension greater. My IPF would be no different. I would have

avoided a surgery and any complications. Oh, I'd probably have been

around more sick people, since I never avoided them, and had colds

and the flu and maybe an extra bout of pneumonia.

And how would my future be impacted. Well, breathing probably

wouldn't have been my most serious issue or even the one to kill me.

Might be months away from dialysis or kidney transplant (oh but then

breathing and heart would have precluded that) so just dialysis. Mith

be months away from a heart attack. Without oxygen, IPF would

probably not be the direct cause of death. Sure sometime along the

way my depression would have increased from fatigue and not being

able to do things and the other illnesses and I'd be more anxious and

even having panic attacks as the anxiety was coupled with lack of

oxygen. Last I would be facing no choices of whether to pursue a

transplant or not in the future and extending my life.

See, there are far worse things than knowing about IPF and living or

dying with it. They include not knowing and suffering and living with

so many other issues caused by it and probably dying even sooner from

one of the other complications.

Brett, I don't know if any of that helps at all, but maybe just an

objective discussion with him of the consequences of not knowing.

That PF is going to affect him if he has it and going to give him far

more problems and likely kill him sooner without knowledge. And pain.

Oh, you'd have more lung pain but also stronger pain everywhere with

your pulmonary arteries, your heart, your kidneys, other organs. I

know it sounds a bit warped when you first hear it but one of the

things I decided quickly was that I wasn't going to suffer and die of

anything else prior to my lungs giving out. I do benefit in energy

from oxygen but that has nothing to do with why I first started using

it. It's that I'm not going to starve other body parts of oxygen and

suffer from them and die from them.

>

> Brett... I'm really sorry to hear about Aron and Cory... how

awful this disease can be. It's bad enough to have it yourself but

now Aron and perhaps Cory.

> When I simply don't know what to say, I say, " Damnit! " . You and

your brothers get the best damnit I have today!

> God bless you all Brett.

> Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> news

>

>

>

didn't

own

> well being

>

> appointment.

he

> said "

> lungs (ground glass)

the

> same doc. as me

all

> the stuff and said

>

your

> mother and grandmother

what

> I see here but

history

don't

> you)

>

>

> cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him

or not

cory

support

> that.

>

> BRETT

>

> brett bowser

> brett@...

>

Oh Brett,

That is Big BAD news, I'm so sorry & there we (Leanne & I think it was) were being flippant! Doubly sorry about that....

You've shown so much courage in telling your brothers...you do realise that it could've been the other way around with one of them having to tell you!

We ARE all here for you & your brothers.....what a tough situation to handle.

Hugs,

in Oz >> Well I wish the news was good> > as some of you know I am an identical triplet, when I was dx I didn't > know how to tell my brother's> since my mother died of the same disease 3yrs. ago I figured they > would not handle it so well> so I waited , and I realized that I have to tell them for there own > well being> that they needed to get checked out as well.> > so I did and as I thought they didn't take the news so well> aron he's the oldest of us (by 2-minutes) said he would make an > appointment.> cory (the youngest) has refused to get checked out> aron called me as soon as he left the dr.> asking when my next trip to U of M was because" I need to go too he > said"> aron's chest x-rays & ct.'s showed something was not right in his > lungs (ground glass)> his PFT showed a mild restriction. he made the appointment to see the > same doc. as me> I went with him this last monday and like I thought he looked at all > the stuff and said> > well as you know your brother Brett, has vats. confirmed UIP and, your > mother and grandmother> passed away from the same thing. now I can't make a dx. based on what > I see here but> the chances of you having UIP is probably 80% given your family history> and that the only way to know for sure is to do a biopsy> aron doesn't know what he want's to do (do you want to know or don't > you)> as everyone knows there is no cure for UIP . but there is a 20% > chance it could be NSIP.> > without a dx. he wouldn't be eligible for clinical trials> but Im not sure he even want's to participate in those.> so that's were he is at.> > cory doesn't know about aron yet, not sure if aron will tell him or not> he's going to find out sooner or later, but it doesn't matter,, cory > won't do anything about it> witch I don't blame him> we are vary close and whatever those two decide to do I will support > that.> even though were triplets ....... everyone is different> > Im sorry I kept all of you waiting for the news> and I wish the news was better> thanks' for listening and being here for me> BRETT> > > brett bowser> brett@...>