RemedySpot.com

Babs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Babs, Sorry for you knee news, but it sounds like you and your daughter had a lovely afternoon. That's what it's all about! Take care of you, girl. LeanneBarbara wrote: Today was my semi-annual trip to the rheumy, who by the way, has scrumptious green eyes....well, the topic WAS brought up, right? :)Anyhoo, he tells me I need to have my knees replaced. I have once again stalled him though with promises of losing weight. He usually does as

I say....LOL! I told him that as long as he was being good and listening to me we would remain friends. He just laughed at me, and said that for now I could be in charge, but if there's a flare or any other ickiness comes up he will be the Doc again. He said I will need to do something fairly soon with the knees though. He said my right knee gave him the heebie-jeebies ( a very old medical term I'm sure) whenever he checked it. Something about my ligaments being loose enough to move with his hand.....He's testing me for the JO-1 Anti-body and does think that dermatomyositis or polymyositis are at work on this poor ol' bod.He feels that I'm doing fairly well for someone who is so ill. He called me a strong woman and a few more adjectives that modesty prevents me from writing.....LOL! We also discussed music for a few minutes. He's a very interesting man.The blood suckers got 7 tubes today. Feeling faint

(wink), I had my daughter drive me to the nearest Scholtzky's for a tasty sandwich, and then off to Old Navy for a pink sweater (for me), a gray sweater for h and some gifts for my little great-niece who will be 3 next week.The Pulmo visit is next month barring any illness....knock on wood....I was proud of myself for remembering my O2 which helped me make it through the afternoon. There is still a part of my brain which refuses to acknowledge my PF and that part leaves the O2 behind frequently. And then regrets it. Me and that part of the brain are gonna have a pow-wow soon and negotiate this dilema.So, this was a big day for me. I don't get out much, and my daughter and I got to do the "girls only" thing today, which is a treat.Hope y'all had a good day too.Prayers to all of you in the hospital or having tests run, or waiting for the all-important phone call....I have BIG prayers for you all, and a lot of

good vibes going out.Hugs and hugs!Babs in Texas

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.