RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Mama Sher/tv

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Babs... I like your description of TTthe T..."cringe factor". You're right. I tuned it in "just to see" and I can't imagine how some of these shows make it on TV. Another one is Paradise Hotel!! I can't even bare to quickly scan by it...that show is absolutely obscene.

There is no used book store right here where I live but I'll find one closeby. My eyes will have to wait forabout 3 weeks until the implant from cataract removal is totally healed and I can get new glasses.

I loved the Mama's /Papa's. Especially Mama Cass (sp) Elliott. I am right I hope about the group?

Enjoy being you! You're terrific.

Sher, 69, IPF 3-06, Sleep Apnea, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Mama Sher/tv

Mama Sher, can you believe this show??? I refuse to watch it. The"cringe" factor is just too high....and I mean, really, who thoughtthis up? It's very debasing of the human spirit. I am looking forwardto Dennis 's new show. I'll give it a watch or two to see if Ilike it.I think it's very natural to undergo a sort of metamorphosis whenyou're first diagnosed with this or any terminal disease. I spent along time trying to wrap my mind around it, and also felt so alone formany years until I found the support boards. We spent the first 6months in an absolute panic, and then many months of scared andworried, followed finally by "well, let's go DO something then". Nowthat it's finally catching up with me in the energy department I liketo read. The books take me away to fabulous places I will never see,and also serve to just let me "veg out" and not think.My mystery shows serve the same purpose, except I delight in figuringout "who dun it" before the show ends. I especially like Monk andPsych because they add humor to the genre. They'll be showing them onnetwork tv now because of the writers strike.I went on a book search on Friday and ended up with 6 CD's instead...:) Right now the Chaz and I are listening to 60's music.....Lovin'Spoonful, The Grass Roots, Mamas and the Papas (CaliforniaDreamin'...ah, makes me homesick)...One thing this disease has done has allowed me to be more indulgent inmy love of books and music. h is going to inherit one HECK of abig CD and book collection!!! LOL!!!I'll be waiting to hear that you went to the bookstore and found somegood books to get lost in.... :)Hugs and prayers,Babs in Texas>> Babs... have you seen this new show To Tell the Truth? omgosh.There isn't enough $$ in the world for me to go on a show like that. lol.> Good idea, the used book stores. I used to haunt them weekly. Don'tknow why I stopped. I'll have to do it again. I think when I was dxtwo years ago my life stopped for awhile. I didn't even know it until now.> hugs.> Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>