RemedySpot.com

Opportunity for sharing!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

Last night I spent the night over at my sister's home so I would be there this morning to take my niece to school this morning. Their minivan was being serviced this morning so and I hopped in my car and off we went.

We arrived at her tiny preschool and I walked her down the steps and in. I've been there several times before and my oxygen always causes a stir. Well this morning her teacher asked me if I had a few minutes to stay and talk to the children about the oxygen and what it did and why I needed it. I agreed happily!What a great experience!!! These are 4 and 5 year olds and they just have such honest, curious questions, I showed them the tank and the guages and my oxymeter and we measured everyones oxygen levels. We talked about lung disease, they asked me if I smoked and (my niece) jumped up and said, 'Aunt Mare doesn't smoke, that's silly'. The kids were completely fascinated. Her teacher asked me to come back again tomorrow as the kids have more questions and we ran out of time. My brother in law is going to come with me and we're bringing a concentrator

and tubing and anything else I can think of to show them. I know it's not much but at least there's a group of little kids (and a couple of teachers) in Hillsborough NC that will have a somewhat better understanding of all this.

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love."