RemedySpot.com

B-Ball, Alaska style

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is your trivia for today, stuff you never wanted to know.....Our 15 year old daughter has been traveling alot with our hi-school basketball teams (the boys travel, too) They were at a tourney in Barrow last weekend. So, because I have too much time on my hands, practicing for retirement, I tallied up the miles they've traveled over the last 4 weekends, since Jan 16. Some of these were 4 and 5 day weekends. We are off the road system so these are all air miles and round trips: Dillingham to Seward (via Anchorage) 950 Dlg to King Salmon (across the

bay) 120 est. Dlg to Chevak (direct charter) 700 Dlg to Barrow (via Anchorage) 2388 and this coming weekend........ Dlg to Nome (via

Anchorage) 1738 total - - - 5896 This is 10 girls and 10 boys, 4 coaches and 2 chaperones. The weekend after Nome, Bethel comes here (FINALLY, home games). Then 2 weeks later the State Tourney is

here and all these teams will come to Dillingham. We'll all have houses full of kids from all over the state. I've no idea as to the cost of all this, can't imagine. Here to Anchorage, (350 miles) round trip, is $450.00. I'm not saying that I object, it's a great experience for the kids. However, 15 years ago I saw a t-shirt in Anchorage that said "Dear God, please raise the price of oil and we promise not to piss it all away again" Oil is now $100.00 a barrel..mmmmmmmm, and our gas is $5.25.a gallon. jim IPF 05 alaska

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.