RemedySpot.com

UK - URGENT: Take Action Now - get NICE to change their minds about Abiraterone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

URGENT: Take Action Now - get NICE to change their minds about Abiraterone

Dear Prostate Cancer Support Group Leader

Please pass this message below URGENTLY to all your members. It speaks for itself. We have until 20th February to do something to change this cruel decision.

Best wishes

Sandy

Sandy Tyndale-Biscoe

Hon Chairman, Prostate Cancer Support Federation

Cedarcroft, Sunnyway, Bosham, CHICHESTER, W. Sussex, PO18 8HQ, UK

Charity Registration Number: 1123373

Phone: +44 (0)1243 57 22 23

Mobile: +44 (0)7802 41 68 67

e-mail: chairman@...

www: www. prostatecancerfederation.org.uk

skype id: sandytb

Message begins------------------------------------

Dear Prostate Cancer Support Group Member

You might be aware, or if not I hope this note informs you, that NICE, having refused use of Cabazitaxel in the NHS, has in its first consultation reviewrefused Abiraterone. These are two end of life therapies. NICE failed both drugs on economic grounds, that the cost of their Quality Adjusted Life Years was above their benchmark.

Therefore they are condemning men for whom Docetaxel has failed to an earlier grave. This would not be allowed to go unchallenged if it was a breast cancer therapy nor should we let it go with Abiraterone.

Therefore I requesting and begging that you reply by sending an email to niceappeals@..., so that I can forward your name and home town and any comments to NICE before the 20th February which is near their deadline. Please don't miss it (even if you are in long term remission please sign your name to this petition). We will also list the people who have responded to this call on the Federation Website, giving their names and home town only, unless they prefer to remain anonymous.We didn't get enough comments to change their minds with Cabazitaxel; let us not let this happen with Abiraterone.By the way we will not let the Cabazitaxel decision go unchallenged but we will need to use a different route with that petition.Thank you for support in this matter TrusteeProstate Cancer Support Federation

niceappeals@...

Hi,Is this appeal for cabitaxel, abiraterone or both ? Perhaps you could supply a brief proforma so we know what we are supporting and why.Incidentally, I support both cabitaxil and abiraterone, so put my name down in both instances please.

Sam.

Please pass this message below URGENTLY to all your members. It speaks for itself. We have until 20th February to do something to change this cruel decision.

Best wishes

Sandy

Sandy Tyndale-Biscoe

e-mail:  chairman@...

www: www. prostatecancerfederation.org.uk

You might be aware, or if not I hope this note informs you, that NICE, having refused use of Cabazitaxel in the NHS, has in its first consultation reviewrefused Abiraterone. These are two end of life therapies. NICE  failed both drugs on economic grounds,  that the cost of their Quality Adjusted Life Years was above their benchmark. 

Therefore they are condemning men for whom Docetaxel has failed to an earlier grave. This would not be allowed to go unchallenged if it was a breast cancer therapy nor should we let it go with Abiraterone. 

Therefore I requesting and begging that you reply by sending an email to niceappeals@..., so that I can forward your name and home town and any comments to NICE before the 20th February which is near their deadline. Please don't miss it (even if you are in long term remission please sign your name to this petition). We will also list the people who have responded to this call on the Federation Website, giving their names and home town only, unless they prefer to remain anonymous.We didn't get enough comments to change their minds with Cabazitaxel; let us not let this happen with Abiraterone.By the way we will not let the Cabazitaxel decision go unchallenged but we will need to use a different route with that petition.Thank you for support in this matter TrusteeProstate Cancer Support Federation

niceappeals@...

Thanks Sam, can you and others send an e-mail to NICE please

At the moment it is about Abiraterone, at the moment the rebuttal is based on

In your submissions, please try to stress the following

* The potential to increase life by years. Not just 4 months. On the 9 month trail, nobody on the drug died. Men on the placebo arm of the trial started to die after 5 months. Hence 4 months of extra life.

* The ability to help men to keep in employment and not have to claim benefits because of ill heath

* Greatly increased quality of life with much reduced pain

* Very easily administered, just 4 tablets per day, at home (or anywhere else you may be.)

* Very few side affects, (In my own case none)

* No alternative treatments available, the alternative is death.

Best wishes

Sandy

Sandy Tyndale-Biscoe

e-mail: chairman@...

www: www. prostatecancerfederation.org.uk

You might be aware, or if not I hope this note informs you, that NICE, having refused use of Cabazitaxel in the NHS, has in its first consultation reviewrefused Abiraterone. These are two end of life therapies. NICE failed both drugs on economic grounds, that the cost of their Quality Adjusted Life Years was above their benchmark. Therefore they are condemning men for whom Docetaxel has failed to an earlier grave. This would not be allowed to go unchallenged if it was a breast cancer therapy nor should we let it go with Abiraterone.

Therefore I requesting and begging that you reply by sending an email to niceappeals@..., so that I can forward your name and home town and any comments to NICE before the 20th February which is near their deadline. Please don't miss it (even if you are in long term remission please sign your name to this petition). We will also list the people who have responded to this call on the Federation Website, giving their names and home town only, unless they prefer to remain anonymous.We didn't get enough comments to change their minds with Cabazitaxel; let us not let this happen with Abiraterone.By the way we will not let the Cabazitaxel decision go unchallenged but we will need to use a different route with that petition.Thank you for support in this matter TrusteeProstate Cancer Support Federation

niceappeals@...