RemedySpot.com

Re: Recent member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

@ biopsy, my urologist said that cycling could raise psa, if engaged closely before blood draw. No definition of "closely". Intercourse,masturbation, anal massage may also have this psa raising effect. I had bicycled to the doctor for my psa draw, which led to biopsy. No matter, since I was stage 4 by then anyway. Hi, Just wanted to tell my story. 55y/o and avid cyclist. Did a routine PSA 1 year ago 3.8 four months later 4.2 and last August 8.0 which went down to 3.8 again off my bike. Had an MRI which indicated Prostate cancer to the seminal vesicles. No correlation cycling with cancer so they say. Many physician second opinions said we need biopsy even though I have had no symptoms. Today is my biopsy. Concerned about biopsy and complications as well as if it is negative what to do. Has anyone had similar presentations?

My biopsy was a piece of cake and did not give me any problems except to verify I had prostate cancer. I had the DaVinci surgery 8 months ago at 's Hopkins and only have slight leakage which is getting lesser everyday. I'm very pleased and had a 6 month post surgery PSA of 0.0. If you get a local before the biopsy it should be painless. I know some guys have different results. If you have the operation by an experienced surgeon (very, very, very important), you should be almost as good as knew (at last 90%)within a year and you won't have to take any med's to improve your flow rate. Again, not everyone has the same results.They do remove the seminal vessel along with the lymph nodes. Your goal should be to remove the cancer before it gets out of the prostate. If you have the operation you should be back on the bike within a couple of months.

According to Fox News, yesterday, there appears to be link between prostate cancer, coronary artery disease and Y chromosomes. I have high cholesterol requiring a heart stent, before my operation, and have inherited a lot of my mothers physical traits so it all makes sense. Make sure you get checked for coronary artery disease. Getting old does change our lives but it may be God's little way of letting us know we can't live here forever.

Best of Luck,

Larry

@ biopsy, my urologist said that cycling could raise psa, if engaged closely before blood draw. No definition of "closely". Intercourse,masturbation, anal massage may also have this psa raising effect. I had bicycled to the doctor for my psa draw, which led to biopsy. No matter, since I was stage 4 by then anyway.

Hi, Just wanted to tell my story. 55y/o and avid cyclist. Did a routine PSA 1 year ago 3.8 four months later 4.2 and last August 8.0 which went down to 3.8 again off my bike. Had an MRI which indicated Prostate cancer to the seminal vesicles. No correlation cycling with cancer so they say. Many physician second opinions said we need biopsy even though I have had no symptoms. Today is my biopsy. Concerned about biopsy and complications as well as if it is negative what to do. Ha s anyone had similar presentations?

Congratulations on your good results. REgards,T (5 months post Proton Beam therapy with no big side effects, now coming off Lupron, just a few hot flashes still, and I had a cramp in right calf for 3 weeks) My biopsy was a piece of cake and did not give me any problems except to verify I had prostate cancer. I had the DaVinci surgery 8 months ago at 's Hopkins and only have slight leakage which is getting lesser everyday. I'm very pleased and had a 6 month post surgery PSA of 0.0. If you get a local before the biopsy it should be painless. I know some guys have different results. If you have the operation by an experienced surgeon (very, very, very important), you should be almost as good as knew (at last 90%)within a year and you won't have to take any med's to improve your flow rate. Again, not everyone has the same results.They do remove the seminal vessel along with the lymph nodes. Your goal should be to remove the cancer before it gets out of the prostate. If you have the operation you should be back on the bike within a couple of months. According to Fox News, yesterday, there appears to be link between prostate cancer, coronary artery disease and Y chromosomes. I have high cholesterol requiring a heart stent, before my operation, and have inherited a lot of my mothers physical traits so it all makes sense. Make sure you get checked for coronary artery disease. Getting old does change our lives but it may be God's little way of letting us know we can't live here forever. Best of Luck,Larry @ biopsy, my urologist said that cycling could raise psa, if engaged closely before blood draw. No definition of "closely". Intercourse,masturbation, anal massage may also have this psa raising effect. I had bicycled to the doctor for my psa draw, which led to biopsy. No matter, since I was stage 4 by then anyway. Hi, Just wanted to tell my story. 55y/o and avid cyclist. Did a routine PSA 1 year ago 3.8 four months later 4.2 and last August 8.0 which went down to 3.8 again off my bike. Had an MRI which indicated Prostate cancer to the seminal vesicles. No correlation cycling with cancer so they say. Many physician second opinions said we need biopsy even though I have had no symptoms. Today is my biopsy. Concerned about biopsy and complications as well as if it is negative what to do. Ha s anyone had similar presentations?