RemedySpot.com

Re: Re. Nose bleeds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , It is good to hear form you. Some have nose bleeds from the drying of the 02. Try a little ky jelly.or Ayr or Ocean gel. They help a sore nose. Give Dad a hug and a big Happy New Year.. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." I agree .  I am at Kaiser as well as my dad and it is comforting to know that any doctor we see can see our medical history right away.I wish you all a Happy New Year. 2008 will be full of great memories for all of us!Have any of you had nose bleeds?  My dad has been getting them lately and they are hard to stop because he is on blood thinners for his heart.  I just wondered if anybody gets them due to the oxygen or not!Have a blessed first night in 2008!Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05) <hrrd_mn> wrote:Hi folks,My "normal" is 96.9 and like Leanne if I reach 98.6 I'm ill. My PCPlistens when I talk and has noted in my MR what my "normal" temp is. BTB I'm a Kaiser baby and Kaiser is converting to an all electronicmedical record keeping system. Its pretty much done actually. I amcomforted by this because my PCP always knows what is going on withme. Second, an advice or ER DR/RN has instant access to up to datemedical information on my chronic illness or other health issues.Hope everyone has found a cyber-cure for their cyber-hangovers fromNYE in OZ and goes on to have a wonderful new year.Peace to all. UIP/LCH 5.06 CA> > > >> > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > >> > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > volume> > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > hard> > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > >> > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > chest x-> > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > elevated.> > > I> > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > iv of> > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > 3> > > > days.> > > >> > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >__________________________________________________________> > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Happy New Year right back with a big hug Peggy. I have been trying to keep up with posts but opened my email to 496 today...so I will be reading tonight! ;-) I hope you are feeling better. You are such a wonderful person. CHEERS TO 2008!Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Peggy wrote: Hi , It is good to hear form you. Some have nose bleeds from the drying of the 02. Try a little ky jelly.or Ayr or Ocean gel. They help a sore nose. Give Dad a hug and a big Happy New Year..

Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks

up." I agree . I am at Kaiser as well as my dad and it is comforting to know that any doctor we see can see our medical history right away.I wish you all a Happy New Year. 2008

will be full of great memories for all of us!Have any of you had nose bleeds? My dad has been getting them lately and they are hard to stop because he is on blood thinners for his heart. I just wondered if anybody gets them due to the oxygen or not!Have a blessed first night in 2008!Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05) <hrrd_mn> wrote:Hi folks,My "normal" is 96.9 and like Leanne if I reach 98.6 I'm ill. My PCPlistens when I talk and has noted in my MR what my "normal" temp is. BTB I'm a Kaiser baby and Kaiser is converting to an all electronicmedical record keeping system. Its pretty much done actually. I amcomforted by this because my PCP always

knows what is going on withme. Second, an advice or ER DR/RN has instant access to up to datemedical information on my chronic illness or other health issues.Hope everyone has found a cyber-cure for their cyber-hangovers fromNYE in OZ and goes on to have a wonderful new year.Peace to all. UIP/LCH 5.06 CA> > > >> > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > >> > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > volume> > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > hard> > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > >> > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia.

Well, turns out > > chest x-> > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > elevated.> > > I> > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > iv of> > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > 3> > > > days.> > > >> > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >__________________________________________________________> > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment

â€" with a Canadian perspective.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Hi , I'm not on oxygen....I do get nosebleeds either from the dry weather and sometimes just out the blue, those are the scary ones...in which my dr's sees me right away.

Irene Raynaud's Disease 09/07 PF 03/07 Canada

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 9:10 pm

Subject: Re: Re. Nose bleeds

Hi , It is good to hear form you. Some have nose bleeds from the drying of the 02. Try a little ky jelly.

or Ayr or Ocean gel. They help a sore nose.

Give Dad a hug and a big Happy New Year..

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

I agree . I am at Kaiser as well as my dad and it is comforting to know that any doctor we see can see our medical history right away.

I wish you all a Happy New Year. 2008 will be full of great memories for all of us!

Have any of you had nose bleeds? My dad has been getting them lately and they are hard to stop because he is on blood thinners for his heart. I just wondered if anybody gets them due to the oxygen or not!

Have a blessed first night in 2008!

Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)

<hrrd_mn> wrote:

Hi folks,

My "normal" is 96.9 and like Leanne if I reach 98.6 I'm ill. My PCP

listens when I talk and has noted in my MR what my "normal" temp is.

BTB I'm a Kaiser baby and Kaiser is converting to an all electronic

medical record keeping system. Its pretty much done actually. I am

comforted by this because my PCP always knows what is going on with

me. Second, an advice or ER DR/RN has instant access to up to date

medical information on my chronic illness or other health issues.

Hope everyone has found a cyber-cure for their cyber-hangovers from

NYE in OZ and goes on to have a wonderful new year.

Peace to all.

UIP/LCH 5.06 CA

> > > >

> > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.

> > > >

> > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired

> > volume

> > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying

> > > hard

> > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the

> > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It

> > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the

> > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific

> > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.

> > > >

> > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out

> > chest x-

> > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was

> > elevated.

> > > I

> > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ

> > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice

> > iv of

> > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-

> > 3

> > > > days.

> > > >

> > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > o virus found in this incoming message.

> > hecked by AVG Free Edition.

> > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:

12/31/2007 3:32 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

THanks Irene! I've been thinking of you! Hope you will have a healthier 2008!Cyndi DAD PF 12.05)Irn3189@... wrote: Hi , I'm not on oxygen....I do get nosebleeds either from the dry weather and sometimes just out the blue, those are the scary ones...in which my dr's sees me right away. Irene Raynaud's Disease 09/07 PF 03/07 Canada ---- Original Message ---- From: Peggy <pac1773cfl (DOT) rr.com> To: Breathe-Support Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008

9:10 pm Subject: Re: Re. Nose bleeds Hi , It is good to hear form you. Some have nose bleeds from the drying of the 02. Try a little ky jelly. or Ayr or Ocean gel. They help a sore nose. Give Dad a hug and a big Happy New Year.. Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Florida "Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." I agree . I am at Kaiser as well as my dad and it is comforting to know that any doctor we see can see our medical history right away. I wish you all a Happy New Year. 2008 will be full of great memories for all of us! Have any of you had nose bleeds? My dad has been getting them lately and they are hard to stop because he is on blood thinners for his heart. I just wondered if anybody gets them due to the oxygen or not! Have a blessed first night in 2008! Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05) <hrrd_mn> wrote: Hi folks, My "normal" is 96.9 and like Leanne if I reach 98.6 I'm ill. My PCP listens when I talk and has noted in my MR what my "normal" temp is. BTB I'm a Kaiser baby and Kaiser is converting to an all electronic medical record keeping system. Its pretty much done actually. I am comforted by this because my PCP always knows what is going on with me. Second, an advice or ER DR/RN has instant access to up to date medical information on my chronic illness or other health issues. Hope everyone has found a cyber-cure for their cyber-hangovers from NYE in OZ and goes on to have a wonderful new year. Peace to all. UIP/LCH 5.06 CA > > > > > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today. > > > > > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > volume > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and

partying > > > hard > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do. > > > > > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > chest x- > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > elevated. > > > I > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a

nice > > iv of > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2- > > 3 > > > > days. > > > > > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message. > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________ > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective. > > > > > > > > >

--------------------------------- > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Well a lot of the posts are our New Years Eve Party and we got a bit

carried away so you can read or not read those. But, does throw

a good party.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my

inspiredÂ

> > > volume

> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and

partying

> > > > hard

> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel

of the

> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function

better. It

> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the

> > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific

> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.

> > > > >

> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns

outÂ

> > > chest x-

> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test wasÂ

> > > elevated.

> > > > I

> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so

had a VQ

> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a

niceÂ

> > > iv of

> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it

easy 2-

> > > 3

> > > > > days.

> > > > >

> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > > o virus found in this incoming message.

> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition.Â

> > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:

> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >Â

> > >

> __________________________________________________________

> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

> entertainment †" with a Canadian perspective.

> > >

> >Â

> >Â

> >Â

> >Â

> >Â

> >Â

> > ---------------------------------

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

>

Thank You! Happy New Year 2008! to you and too your family

Irene

Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 9:30 pm

THanks Irene! I've been thinking of you! Hope you will have a healthier 2008!

Cyndi DAD PF 12.05)

Irn3189aim wrote:

Hi , I'm not on oxygen....I do get nosebleeds either from the dry weather and sometimes just out the blue, those are the scary ones...in which my dr's sees me right away.

Irene Raynaud's Disease 09/07 PF 03/07 Canada

Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 9:10 pm

Hi , It is good to hear form you. Some have nose bleeds from the drying of the 02. Try a little ky jelly. or Ayr or Ocean gel. They help a sore nose.

Give Dad a hug and a big Happy New Year..

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

I agree . I am at Kaiser as well as my dad and it is comforting to know that any doctor we see can see our medical history right away.

I wish you all a Happy New Year. 2008 will be full of great memories for all of us!

Have any of you had nose bleeds? My dad has been getting them lately and they are hard to stop because he is on blood thinners for his heart. I just wondered if anybody gets them due to the oxygen or not!

Have a blessed first night in 2008!

Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)

<hrrd_mn> wrote:

Hi folks,

My "normal" is 96.9 and like Leanne if I reach 98.6 I'm ill. My PCP

listens when I talk and has noted in my MR what my "normal" temp is.

BTB I'm a Kaiser baby and Kaiser is converting to an all electronic

medical record keeping system. Its pretty much done actually. I am

comforted by this because my PCP always knows what is going on with

me. Second, an advice or ER DR/RN has instant access to up to date

medical information on my chronic illness or other health issues.

Hope everyone has found a cyber-cure for their cyber-hangovers from

NYE in OZ and goes on to have a wonderful new year.

Peace to all.

UIP/LCH 5.06 CA

> > > >

> > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.

> > > >

> > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired

> > volume

> > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying

> > > hard

> > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the

> > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It

> > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the

> > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific

> > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.

> > > >

> > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out

> > chest x-

> > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was

> > elevated.

> > > I

> > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ

> > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice

> > iv of

> > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-

> > 3

> > > > days.

> > > >

> > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > o virus found in this incoming message.

> > hecked by AVG Free Edition.

> > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:

12/31/2007 3:32 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Thanks Zena for your reply. I appreciate it! He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena wrote: Hi , I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in. Now I have them fairly regularly. I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2. At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience. So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it. Love Ze xx > > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > >

> with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told

to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > > >> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> __________________________________________________________> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>

, Your Dad does cut them down a bit doesn't he? If not they will make a realllly sore nose. cut to fit.. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Thanks Zena for your reply.  I appreciate it!  He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena <zeasmanbtinternet> wrote:Hi ,I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in.  Now I have them fairly regularly.  I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2.  At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience.  So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it.Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > > >> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> __________________________________________________________> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>

Hi Peggy, I have another O2 question. I am still trying to get the M-6 tanks from Apria and they said I need to switch from continuous to pulse to use them. Will this make a big difference in my breathing? Do you use pulse or continuous? And I don't get a bloody nose, just a runny nose each time I put in the prongs- if I cut them more will this stop? Thanks- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: Re: Re. Nose bleeds

, Your Dad does cut them down a bit doesn't he? If not they will make a realllly sore nose. cut to fit.. Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Thanks Zena for your reply. I appreciate it! He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:Hi ,I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in. Now I have them fairly regularly. I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2. At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows

about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience. So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it.Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> >

> > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > >

>> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> >

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Hi Peggy, I have another O2 question. I am still trying to get the M-6 tanks from Apria and they said I need to switch from continuous to pulse to use them. Will this make a big difference in my breathing? Do you use pulse or continuous? And I don't get a bloody nose, just a runny nose each time I put in the prongs- if I cut them more will this stop? Thanks- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: Re: Re. Nose bleeds

, Your Dad does cut them down a bit doesn't he? If not they will make a realllly sore nose. cut to fit.. Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Thanks Zena for your reply. I appreciate it! He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:Hi ,I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in. Now I have them fairly regularly. I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2. At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows

about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience. So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it.Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> >

> > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > >

>> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> >

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I use the m6 tanks when I will be gone for a couple hours. They last pretty well. I use pulse unless I am home.My concentrator is on 4 unless I am busy doing. The only difference I can tell is my throat gets sore withoutthe water bottle.   Yes I do trim my cannulas because the ends are just poking my poor nose and causing it to bleed. My Dr. said it's ok just do a little at a time until your comfy. I always have the runny nose, but since I have been on Levaquin my nose isn't running.. hadn't noticed untiljust now.. cool.Keep your concentrator and have them give you a pulse.   Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Hi Peggy,  I have another O2 question.  I am still trying to get the M-6 tanks from Apria and they said I need to switch from continuous to pulse to use them.  Will this make a big difference in my breathing?  Do you use pulse or continuous?  And I don't get a bloody nose, just a runny nose each time I put in the prongs-  if I cut them more will this stop?  Thanks-    Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Re: Re: Re. Nose bleeds, Your Dad does cut them down a bit doesn't he? If not they will make a realllly sore nose. cut to fit..Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Thanks Zena for your reply.  I appreciate it!  He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:Hi ,I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in.  Now I have them fairly regularly.  I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2.  At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience.  So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it.Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > > >> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

, I use the E tanks when I'll be gone a while. not M6.. I always, always have extras in the car along with my little tool kit. I crank this concentrator up as high as it will go for the dreadmill. If I go to the Gro. store I use my BOA and just carry an extra tank and put it in the cart. The bigger tank is hard to shop with. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." I use the m6 tanks when I will be gone for a couple hours. They last pretty well. I use pulse unless I am home.My concentrator is on 4 unless I am busy doing. The only difference I can tell is my throat gets sore withoutthe water bottle.   Yes I do trim my cannulas because the ends are just poking my poor nose and causing it to bleed. My Dr. said it's ok just do a little at a time until your comfy. I always have the runny nose, but since I have been on Levaquin my nose isn't running.. hadn't noticed untiljust now.. cool.Keep your concentrator and have them give you a pulse.  Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Hi Peggy,  I have another O2 question.  I am still trying to get the M-6 tanks from Apria and they said I need to switch from continuous to pulse to use them.  Will this make a big difference in my breathing?  Do you use pulse or continuous?  And I don't get a bloody nose, just a runny nose each time I put in the prongs-  if I cut them more will this stop?  Thanks-    Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Re: Re: Re. Nose bleeds, Your Dad does cut them down a bit doesn't he? If not they will make a realllly sore nose. cut to fit..Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Thanks Zena for your reply.  I appreciate it!  He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:Hi ,I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in.  Now I have them fairly regularly.  I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2.  At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience.  So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it.Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > > >> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

, I am on cont. here at home, pulse when I go out. I have one of the E tanks laying in the back of my car cannula and ready to go, when I get in the car I use it until get where I'm going. Gives me a little extra time.Joyce had told me about using her back-up only to find it was empty. SO I am always sure I have plenty with me. That happened to me in Wal-mart one time and just went and got my wheel chair out of the trunk and rolled my non-breathing self to the car.. LOl  take plenty.. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Peggy,   Thanks for the info.  I want to tell you I am so glad you suggested that I always take extra tanks-my last two tanks were only half filled and I ran through them in an hour when I was out shopping.  Thank goodness I had backup.  Are you on continuous?  Did you start out on pulse?      Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Re: Re: Re. Nose bleeds, Your Dad does cut them down a bit doesn't he? If not they will make a realllly sore nose. cut to fit..Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Thanks Zena for your reply.  I appreciate it!  He goes to the doctor on Monday so we will ask.Have a great day.Cyndi (DAD PF 12.05)Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:Hi ,I'm on warfarin and didn't have any problems with nose bleeds until the nose prongs were in.  Now I have them fairly regularly.  I think it's a combination of the irritation caused by the prongs and the drying effect of the O2.  At the moment, although everyone who needs to knows about them I don't do much about them as they are currently no more than a minor inconvenience.  So long as his INR is regularly checked perhaps he can think about softer nose prongs, but it's worth talking to your doc to make sure there's nothing else causing it.Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > > > >> > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > > > volume> > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > > > hard> > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > >> > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out > > > chest x-> > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was > > > elevated.> > > > I> > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice > > > iv of> > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> > > 3> > > > > days.> > > > >> > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > o virus found in this incoming message.> > > hecked by AVG Free Edition. > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date:> 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & > entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

About to switch to liquid but on canisters I've had them delivered at

every degree of full, half, three quarters, full, and completely

empty. I learned early not to trust.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well, actually not quite my story today.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my

inspired

> > > > volume

> > > > > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and

> partying

> > > > > hard

> > > > > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the

feel

> of the

> > > > > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function

> better. It

> > > > > > worked to get me through until today when I could call

the

> > > > > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with

specific

> > > > > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns

out

> > > > chest x-

> > > > > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was

> > > > elevated.

> > > > > I

> > > > > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level

so

> had a VQ

> > > > > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got

a

> nice

> > > > iv of

> > > > > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take

it

> easy 2-

> > > > 3

> > > > > > days.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > o virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > hecked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > ersion: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release

Date:

> > 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> > > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

> > entertainment †" with a Canadian perspective.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> Try it now.

>