RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Oh when an old man parties so hard he has to take a day off

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm glad you got checked out. Take care and keep your neck and ankles warm..  ;) Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."  I'm fine....just got to take it easy 2-3 days and take Levaquin......I feel fortunate still being new to the disease that I was smart enough to recognize something strange was happening and call the pulmonologist. This time I got a call back and told to head to ER as only way to eliminate Blood Clot. My d-dimer was still quite high so not totally unconcerned but they said the VQ showed no signs.> > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired volume> was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying hard> with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> worked to get me through until today when I could call the> pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest x-> ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was elevated. I> can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv of> levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-3> days.> > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.>

I'm glad you got checked out. Take care and keep your neck and ankles warm..  ;) Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."  I'm fine....just got to take it easy 2-3 days and take Levaquin......I feel fortunate still being new to the disease that I was smart enough to recognize something strange was happening and call the pulmonologist. This time I got a call back and told to head to ER as only way to eliminate Blood Clot. My d-dimer was still quite high so not totally unconcerned but they said the VQ showed no signs.> > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired volume> was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying hard> with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> worked to get me through until today when I could call the> pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest x-> ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was elevated. I> can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv of> levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-3> days.> > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.>

Bruce, I am sorry but I had to chuckle about the DR.s face when you told him what was going on with you.. LOLER's are such little gods they pretty much know it all.  Way to go. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Well, as I'm sure is not surprising I am even a bit obsessive over watching my oxygen and using my spirometer and other breathing gadget and the treadmill. So, in addition to the pain I was able to tell the doctor the effect on my inspired volume and the effect on my sats on the treadmill. So instead of just pain I had two objective measurements. Therefore, I went to ER with clear instructions of what they should and shouldn't do or it would have been longer than it was. For instance, I had the Chest X-Ray and hour and a half before I ever got taken to an ER room and had I not know about a d-diner when they took the first blood they might not have tested for it, but they did and had that result waiting when the ER doctor first saw me.My only complaint is that I just don't equate the word "Emergency" with 7 1/2 hours, about 2 1/2 before being taken back even. But, I'm up today....already had my first dose of levaquin and my first vicodin. lol> >> > Well, actually not quite my story today. > > > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired > volume > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying > hard > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest x-> > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was elevated. > I > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv > of > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-3 > > days. > > > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> >>

Bruce, I grew up in Ohio in a lot of snow and My Grandmother and my mother always said Heavy socks and a scarf. Keep your neck and ankles warm and you'll be warm.. Hey, worked for me as a kid.. other than when I would run across the street bare footed in two feet of snow.. never have been the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  LOL  stay warm and behave yourself this year.................NA never mind. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Peggy:Neck and ankles?I'm sure there is something you know I don't.Also, just for a fleeting moment I had a horrifying picture of me running around the house just wearing socks and a scarf, but I realized you didn't just mean them. However, is there something special about watching the neck and ankles or is that just a phrase?With warm wishes from you, I'm warm all over. I did turn the heat up though last night above my normal just as a precaution. My thermostat on my body (wonder if I can get a new one at NAPA) went out sometime back and I tend to keep things cooler than I did before. Of course, I'm also experiencing the lowering of normal body temperature so I'm sure thats perhaps related. I don't even understand what my normal temperature is anymore. I remember when young mine was like 99.1 as opposed to 98.6. Now its lower than 98.6 but it fluctuates so much I don't honestly know whats normal and what isn't for me anymore. I think its around 97.0. So does that mean 98.4 is now running a fever. Darn, even temperature has gotten complicated. At least I understand oxygen levels and blood pressure and know whats normal there. Seriously, have others of you experienced this and do you work from a new baseline or what?> >> > Well, actually not quite my story today.> >> > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired volume> > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> hard> > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> >> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest x-> > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was elevated.> I> > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv of> > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-3> > days.> >> > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> >>

Bruce, Over here about our ER's there's a rumor going on that you will have to wait 10 hours before seeing a dr because they are so busy.

When I was taken to hospital in December by ambulance, I only had to wait for 2 1/2 hours and two days later when I walked in 2 1/2 hours. I'm not sure it had to do with the blood clot itself or when I presented the paper with my medical conditions and allergies.

The longest time I had to wait in ER on a stretcher was 12 hours before seeing a dr, a nurse, being taken for X-Rays and having blood tests etc. The ER dr finally saw me the next day and said "I needed to stay in the hospital, it was important". I said you're serious I have to stay in the hospital it took 12 hours before I saw you.....! then he sent me home with a prescription of pain meds and return if the pain didn't get better.

As for the D-Dimmer mine is elevated 1480

As 2 ER dr's explained it to me "The D-Dimmer isn't a good indication in Blood Clots because other things can cause it to get elevated and with all the inflammation I have going in my body, who knows what's the main reason for it to be elevated and they are as puzzled as I am...

I hear diffferent stories about the D-Dimmer.....it's a good indication or not!

One thing I know is when I received the injection of Blood Thinners, I felt better and the pain I had in my leg was like something got released.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:16 pm

Subject: Re: Re: Oh when an old man parties so hard he has to take a day off

Bruce, I am sorry but I had to chuckle about the DR.s face when you told him what was going on with you.. LOL

ER's are such little gods they pretty much know it all. Way to go.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Well, as I'm sure is not surprising I am even a bit obsessive over

watching my oxygen and using my spirometer and other breathing gadget

and the treadmill. So, in addition to the pain I was able to tell the

doctor the effect on my inspired volume and the effect on my sats on

the treadmill. So instead of just pain I had two objective

measurements. Therefore, I went to ER with clear instructions of what

they should and shouldn't do or it would have been longer than it

was. For instance, I had the Chest X-Ray and hour and a half before I

ever got taken to an ER room and had I not know about a d-diner when

they took the first blood they might not have tested for it, but they

did and had that result waiting when the ER doctor first saw me.

My only complaint is that I just don't equate the word "Emergency"

with 7 1/2 hours, about 2 1/2 before being taken back even.

But, I'm up today....already had my first dose of levaquin and my

first vicodin. lol

> >

> > Well, actually not quite my story today.

> >

> > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired

> volume

> > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying

> hard

> > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the

> > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It

> > worked to get me through until today when I could call the

> > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific

> > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.

> >

> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest

x-

> > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was

elevated.

> I

> > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ

> > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv

> of

> > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-

> > days.

> >

> > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.

> >

>

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

ALLRIGHTY THEN... Let me know if you find anything naughty we can all become involved in.HeeHeeMaybe I better save up my energy for San ...  Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." PeggyI have no intention of behaving myself. Going to try to set a record year in my life for misbehaving.> > >> > > Well, actually not quite my story today.> > >> > > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired> volume> > > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> > hard> > > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> > >> > > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out> chest x-> > > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was> elevated.> > I> > > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice> iv of> > > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-> 3> > > days.> > >> > > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> > >> >>

My normal for me is 97 (36 degrees celcius). If anything above that I feel I'm being cooked in the oven. Anything below 97, I feel like I'm living with the penguins (lol).

Irene

Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 4:05 pm

Bruce, I have always had a lower than normal "normal" temperature

.. As a child I had to have a written statement from the doctor on file in the school nurse's office.

It stated that " If complains about not feeling well and her temperature is 98.6 call home so that she can be taken home.

My normal is 96 ish!Even lower now due to the prednisone.

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

Bruce Moreland wrote:

Peggy:

Neck and ankles?

I'm sure there is something you know I don't.

Also, just for a fleeting moment I had a horrifying picture of me

running around the house just wearing socks and a scarf, but I

realized you didn't just mean them. However, is there something

special about watching the neck and ankles or is that just a phrase?

With warm wishes from you, I'm warm all over. I did turn the heat up

though last night above my normal just as a precaution. My thermostat

on my body (wonder if I can get a new one at NAPA) went out sometime

back and I tend to keep things cooler than I did before. Of course,

I'm also experiencing the lowering of normal body temperature so I'm

sure thats perhaps related. I don't even understand what my normal

temperature is anymore. I remember when young mine was like 99.1 as

opposed to 98.6. Now its lower than 98.6 but it fluctuates so much I

don't honestly know whats normal and what isn't for me anymore. I

think its around 97.0. So does that mean 98.4 is now running a fever.

Darn, even temperature has gotten complicated. At least I understand

oxygen levels and blood pressure and know whats normal there.

Seriously, have others of you experienced this and do you work from a

new baseline or what?

> >

> >

volume

> hard

> >

> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out

chest x-

elevated.

> I

> > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice

iv of

> > days.

> >

> >

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Irene...me too. 97 is normal for me.

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bruce, I have always had a lower than normal "normal" temperature. As a child I had to have a written statement from the doctor on file in the school nurse's office.It stated that " If complains about not feeling well and her temperature is 98.6 call home so that she can be taken home.My normal is 96 ish!Even lower now due to the prednisone.

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob MarleyBruce Moreland wrote:

Peggy:Neck and ankles?I'm sure there is something you know I don't.Also, just for a fleeting moment I had a horrifying picture of me running around the house just wearing socks and a scarf, but I realized you didn't just mean them. However, is there something special about watching the neck and ankles or is that just a phrase?With warm wishes from you, I'm warm all over. I did turn the heat up though last night above my normal just as a precaution. My thermostat on my body (wonder if I can get a new one at NAPA) went out sometime back and I tend to keep things cooler than I did before. Of course, I'm also experiencing the lowering of normal body temperature so I'm sure thats perhaps related. I don't even understand what my normal temperature is anymore. I remember when young mine was like 99.1 as opposed to 98.6. Now its lower than 98.6 but it fluctuates so much I don't honestly know whats normal and what isn't for me anymore. I think its around 97.0. So does that mean 98.4 is now running a fever. Darn, even temperature has gotten complicated. At least I understand oxygen levels and blood pressure and know whats normal there. Seriously, have others of you experienced this and do you work from a new baseline or what?> >> > Well, actually not quite my story today.> >> > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired volume> > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> hard> > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> >> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest x-> > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was elevated.> I> > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv of> > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-3> > days.> >> > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> >>

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bruce, I have always had a lower than normal "normal" temperature. As a child I had to have a written statement from the doctor on file in the school nurse's office.It stated that " If complains about not feeling well and her temperature is 98.6 call home so that she can be taken home.My normal is 96 ish!Even lower now due to the prednisone.

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob MarleyBruce Moreland wrote:

Peggy:Neck and ankles?I'm sure there is something you know I don't.Also, just for a fleeting moment I had a horrifying picture of me running around the house just wearing socks and a scarf, but I realized you didn't just mean them. However, is there something special about watching the neck and ankles or is that just a phrase?With warm wishes from you, I'm warm all over. I did turn the heat up though last night above my normal just as a precaution. My thermostat on my body (wonder if I can get a new one at NAPA) went out sometime back and I tend to keep things cooler than I did before. Of course, I'm also experiencing the lowering of normal body temperature so I'm sure thats perhaps related. I don't even understand what my normal temperature is anymore. I remember when young mine was like 99.1 as opposed to 98.6. Now its lower than 98.6 but it fluctuates so much I don't honestly know whats normal and what isn't for me anymore. I think its around 97.0. So does that mean 98.4 is now running a fever. Darn, even temperature has gotten complicated. At least I understand oxygen levels and blood pressure and know whats normal there. Seriously, have others of you experienced this and do you work from a new baseline or what?> >> > Well, actually not quite my story today.> >> > Yesterday started experiencing some lung pain and my inspired volume> > was down as were sats on exertion. So, being Sunday and partying> hard> > with all of you, I just took some vicodin not for the feel of the> > pain but to ease it on the lung so it would function better. It> > worked to get me through until today when I could call the> > pulmonologist who then sent me to the ER, but with specific> > instructions of what they should and shouldn't do.> >> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out chest x-> > ray showed mild pneumonia and also d-dimer blood test was elevated.> I> > can't have a CT with contrast due to creatinine level so had a VQ> > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice iv of> > levaquin there and more to bring home and told to take it easy 2-3> > days.> >> > So all is fine except for spending 7 1/2 hours at ER.> >>

Hi Sher, Happy New Year 2008! I learn something new every day!

Irene Raynaud's Disease 09/07 PF 03/07 Canada

Sent: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 5:45 pm

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bruce, I have always had a lower than normal "normal" temperature

.. As a child I had to have a written statement from the doctor on file in the school nurse's office.

It stated that " If complains about not feeling well and her temperature is 98.6 call home so that she can be taken home.

My normal is 96 ish!Even lower now due to the prednisone.

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

Bruce Moreland wrote:

Peggy:

Neck and ankles?

I'm sure there is something you know I don't.

Also, just for a fleeting moment I had a horrifying picture of me

running around the house just wearing socks and a scarf, but I

realized you didn't just mean them. However, is there something

special about watching the neck and ankles or is that just a phrase?

With warm wishes from you, I'm warm all over. I did turn the heat up

though last night above my normal just as a precaution. My thermostat

on my body (wonder if I can get a new one at NAPA) went out sometime

back and I tend to keep things cooler than I did before. Of course,

I'm also experiencing the lowering of normal body temperature so I'm

sure thats perhaps related. I don't even understand what my normal

temperature is anymore. I remember when young mine was like 99.1 as

opposed to 98.6. Now its lower than 98.6 but it fluctuates so much I

don't honestly know whats normal and what isn't for me anymore. I

think its around 97.0. So does that mean 98.4 is now running a fever.

Darn, even temperature has gotten complicated. At least I understand

oxygen levels and blood pressure and know whats normal there.

Seriously, have others of you experienced this and do you work from a

new baseline or what?

> >

> >

volume

> hard

> >

> > He was afraid of blood clots and pneumonia. Well, turns out

chest x-

elevated.

> I

> > scan. It turned out ok revealing no blood clots. So got a nice

iv of

> > days.

> >

> >

>