RemedySpot.com

Re: It's my turn to vent some frustration too!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You have every right to feel like you have the worst deal in the

world today. I'm not sure how many could have had worse days. Even a

death of a family member isn't because they chose to do something.

So, being told someone does or may want a divorce is in many ways a

worse hit to our system.

There is no part of any of this that is fair.

I'm not one who feels in any position to offer marital or divorce

advice being divorced myself. I don't know enough about your

situation or what is going on with him to know what you can or should

do. I know the phone sure wasn't the right way to handle it on his

part. I also know that the translation for " wanting to get on with

his life " is generally " has gotten on with his life in some way "

although this may not be the case at all here, but you might ask when

not in shock what brings him to ask now.

All I do know is you're even stronger than you know and with all

you've already been through you're going to get through this too

whatever happens, even if right now it feels like the final blow has

been delivered. Thank your mom for being there and hug Kaleb a few

dozen extra times today.

Meanwhile, we'll all still be here virtually hugging you.

>

> You know the old saying, " Be thankful. There's someone out there

> worse off than you. " Well, today it doesn't feel that way. I

can't

> fathom the thought of anyone being worse off than me (even though I

> know there are people out there who could tell me about those that

> are worse off than me).

>

> I've read alot of the recent posts and we all seem to have gripes

> about things. I try to be positive. I know I need to for Kaleb

and

> for myself too, but gee whiz!!!! Today was just abnormally hard.

>

> As many of you know, my husband is living in West Virginia, and I

am

> living in Ohio with my mom and my son. I am here because this DAMN

> DISEASE has debilitated by strength so that I cannot care for

myself

> and Kaleb without assistance. I was having such a hard time before

> I finally asked for help and now things are just starting to feel

> comfortable, when out of the blue my husband tells me on the phone

> today that he's thinking about filing for divorce! I should have

> known it was coming. I can't blame him for being lonely and for

> wanting to get on with his life. Long before I actually moved to

> Ohio, I had started to slowly stop being the wife he had married.

> Another contribution of this DAMN DISEASE! Anyway, I was a good

> wife - no dammit - I was a great wife at one time, before this DAMN

> DISEASE took that away too. It just doesn't seem quite fair to be

> stripped of so much. Then again, my husband is being shallow too.

> Why in the world would he do this to me now - at this time in my

> life. For goodness sake, he probably won't get through the legal

> process before I die anyway. We all know how lawyers are! I am

> mad, mad, mad.

>

> Please, Lord, give me strength.

>

> Tina

> IPF/April 07/Ohio

>

Tina,

This is an awful situation that you are in. You have to decide whether to stay where your husband is with no help or sufficient medical help....or try to stay alive and lose him. What happened to "in sickness and in health?"

I do agree that looking for that someone worse off than you would be a difficult search right now. Even if you could find him, it wouldn't make your situation any more bearable.

You keep holding on sweetie, and hold onto God. You have to think of the baby. You still have a job to do. My heart is broken for you and prayers go up.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> You know the old saying, "Be thankful. There's someone out there > worse off than you." Well, today it doesn't feel that way. I can't > fathom the thought of anyone being worse off than me (even though I > know there are people out there who could tell me about those that > are worse off than me).> > I've read alot of the recent posts and we all seem to have gripes > about things. I try to be positive. I know I need to for Kaleb and > for myself too, but gee whiz!!!! Today was just abnormally hard.> > As many of you know, my husband is living in West Virginia, and I am > living in Ohio with my mom and my son. I am here because this DAMN > DISEASE has debilitated by strength so that I cannot care for myself > and Kaleb without assistance. I was having such a hard time before > I finally asked for help and now things are just starting to feel > comfortable, when out of the blue my husband tells me on the phone > today that he's thinking about filing for divorce! I should have > known it was coming. I can't blame him for being lonely and for > wanting to get on with his life. Long before I actually moved to > Ohio, I had started to slowly stop being the wife he had married. > Another contribution of this DAMN DISEASE! Anyway, I was a good > wife - no dammit - I was a great wife at one time, before this DAMN > DISEASE took that away too. It just doesn't seem quite fair to be > stripped of so much. Then again, my husband is being shallow too. > Why in the world would he do this to me now - at this time in my > life. For goodness sake, he probably won't get through the legal > process before I die anyway. We all know how lawyers are! I am > mad, mad, mad. > > Please, Lord, give me strength.> > Tina> IPF/April 07/Ohio>

Tina...I'm sure you are mad. And hurt and feeling betrayed beyond hurt. Don't beat yourself up and don't blame the disease as the cause. It shows the true character of your husband to desert you at a time like this.

I'm going to switch over to your private email........

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

It's my turn to vent some frustration too!

You know the old saying, "Be thankful. There's someone out there worse off than you." Well, today it doesn't feel that way. I can't fathom the thought of anyone being worse off than me (even though I know there are people out there who could tell me about those that are worse off than me).I've read alot of the recent posts and we all seem to have gripes about things. I try to be positive. I know I need to for Kaleb and for myself too, but gee whiz!!!! Today was just abnormally hard.As many of you know, my husband is living in West Virginia, and I am living in Ohio with my mom and my son. I am here because this DAMN DISEASE has debilitated by strength so that I cannot care for myself and Kaleb without assistance. I was having such a hard time before I finally asked for help and now things are just starting to feel comfortable, when out of the blue my husband tells me on the phone today that he's thinking about filing for divorce! I should have known it was coming. I can't blame him for being lonely and for wanting to get on with his life. Long before I actually moved to Ohio, I had started to slowly stop being the wife he had married. Another contribution of this DAMN DISEASE! Anyway, I was a good wife - no dammit - I was a great wife at one time, before this DAMN DISEASE took that away too. It just doesn't seem quite fair to be stripped of so much. Then again, my husband is being shallow too. Why in the world would he do this to me now - at this time in my life. For goodness sake, he probably won't get through the legal process before I die anyway. We all know how lawyers are! I am mad, mad, mad. Please, Lord, give me strength.TinaIPF/April 07/Ohio