RemedySpot.com

Message From Jane Re: 's Move

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi to all MY PF PALS!

Sorry it has taken me so long to sit down and write about 's move to Nashville. We spent all day Friday involved in stuff: 's dr appt, the dr was running behind of course. Our family friend called as we were leaving the dr and we met her for lunch in town, and it was pouring rain. After we ate and were paying, Eddie shows up. The friend drives to the drugstore for her meds and Eddie & I drive to my piano studio to get everything together there to load on the truck. It is still pouring rain. I then drive Eddie to pick up the UHaul truck. Then I drive home and and our family friend, (She is an angel to us) were arriving. & started packing up her room. It is still raining hard! I remember that I have to pick up a prescription at Kroger so I go and hurry back home. Later Eddie arrives with the truck. A friend who works with him at Schlotzsky arrives to help Eddie with the furniture. Before Eddie brought the truck home to load, he had gone to the furniture store to pick up the sofa. I forgot that part. Eventually, everything was loaded. I don't remember much after that, my mind is going fuzzy and that everything we did on Friday was done in the rain.

Saturday morning we all left at 8:00 am. was driving her car and I was driving my car and Eddie was driving the truck. I have never been to Nashville in my lifetime but I had studied the maps on the internet. I arrived at the apartment complex first. I had to direct Eddie & . made a wrong turn at one point but she knew it and turned around. This threw Eddie off. He was lost. As I was resting in the clubhouse on a comfortable couch, my brother and his friend arrive. arrives next and finally Eddie was last. was so proud that she made it on her own. After much paperwork, gets the keys and the gate pass. We arrive at the apartment, 911 Lenox Place! (What an address!) Eddie opens up the truck and my brother's friend says, "We can unload this in 20 minutes!" My brother says, " What did you do, bring the whole house?" They unloaded in 20-30 minutes. The big whole-up of the whole afternoon was the Comcast guy. First, he walked in on clean carpet with muddy boots. Then the order was wrong. He said, "Where's your modem?" and Eddie says, "We ordered wireless." That didn't do cause this guy was just a subcontractor. After much conversation with the boss, a wireless something or other was delivered by someone else. TV & Computer were working, but not the phones! Then the Comcast guy says, "Someone else will have to come & fix the phones". Only one telephone was working and it was in the living room. ( I had wished it was in the bedroom). After eating at the Cracker Barrel in Goodlettsville, my brother and Phil go on home. Eddie, , and I spend the night in the apartment. The next day, we all worked, worked, worked. That evening Eddie drives back to Dalton because he has to work at both jobs on Monday. Meanwhile, and I are so pooped we are in the bed EARLY! Next day we unpack, work, unpack, etc. Later we go out and drive around the area. We went back to the Cracker Barrel and had tough pancakes. Even a knife wouldn't cut those pancakes. We went back to the apartment and went to bed. By then everything was ready for Eddie to come back the next day and finish up. Eddie arrived on NEW YEAR's DAY with a homemade POUND CAKE that he made after work on Monday night. YUMMY! (But we left it at 's house) Eddie hung pictures and did all the things that Dads do and then we went back to the Cracker Barrel to eat. By then it had started snowing and the wind was blowing hard. We hurried & ate and drove back to her apartment. Eddie & I got ready to leave to come home & my portable Helios Marathon falls on 's new Snowman Cake Plate. ( It's very filmsy anyways) I felt very bad but Eddie glued it back together. cried and we left. ( always cries when we leave). We talked to her a few more times because Eddie forgot to help her fill out her moving expense form. Eddie asked to call after she arrived at work, in the parking lot before she got out of the car. She called this morning. She was on time and she got herself up and it is a miracle. told me that a family lives in her building that goes to ACE because she saw the children in their uniforms. That makes me feel better. Maybe she will meet them. will call tonight so later I will post about her first day. Phew! I am very tired. I did not realize that I was so tired. But I am O.K. I am not crying. The zoloft stifles those moods. So I am numb I guess. More comments later.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl