RemedySpot.com

Air travel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm the one who has a letter for airline companies.

My doctor just says in the letter that I have a medical condition that means that I absolutely cannot eat airline food and have therefore to carry on my food.

In fact I have never been stopped for having food in my hand luggage.

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

J’utilise la version gratuite de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.Jusqu’à présent SPAMfighter a bloqué 1496 courriels spam et m’a fait gagner du temps.Nous avons en ce moment 5.3 millions d’utilisateurs de par le monde entier. Les utlisateurs payants n’ont pas ce message. Vous pouvez télécharger la version gratuite

I carry food on airlines and I'm not even on the diet!! Everyone does.

And ? I'm so impressed you went on the diet so soon after

diagnosis. My son was diagnosed with UC at the end of May and by July

we were on the diet. I feel very lucky to have found the diet right

away. Have you had any repeat testing to see what your condition

looks like now?

Kay-lynn

>

> I'm the one who has a letter for airline companies.

>

> My doctor just says in the letter that I have a medical condition

that means that I absolutely cannot eat airline food and have

therefore to carry on my food.

>

> In fact I have never been stopped for having food in my hand luggage.

>

>

> CD diagnosed Sept 2006

> SCD since Oct 2006

> No meds

> No symptoms

>

>

> --

> J'utilise la version gratuite de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.

> Jusqu'à présent SPAMfighter a bloqué 1496 courriels spam et m'a fait

gagner du temps.

> Nous avons en ce moment 5.3 millions d'utilisateurs de par le monde

entier.

> Les utlisateurs payants n'ont pas ce message. Vous pouvez

télécharger la version gratuite: http://www.spamfighter.com/lfr

>

It's ok to bring food on the plane. Just not more than 3 ounces of a liquid or jell and unfortunately that includes yogurt. But you can put it in your checked baggage. Ron

My doctor just says in the letter that I have a medical condition that means that I absolutely cannot eat airline food and have therefore to carry on my food.

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

J’utilise la version gratuite de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.Jusqu’à présent SPAMfighter a bloqué 1496 courriels spam et m’a fait gagner du temps.Nous avons en ce moment 5.3 millions d’utilisateurs de par le monde entier. Les utlisateurs payants n’ont pas ce message. Vous pouvez télécharger la version gratuite

Everything brought on th eplane has to be prepackagedJAHwww.glutenfreeeugene.org

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

Is a Big Mac considered pre-packaged?When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself..- Fortune cookie

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

only if it is AFTER you have been through security and the Mcs is near or in the boarding areaJAHwww.glutenfreeeugene.org--- On

Thu, 9/4/08, KL wrote:Subject: Re: Air travelTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 6:39 AM

Is a Big Mac considered pre-packaged?When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself..- Fortune cookie

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

I've never heard or experienced that. I'm not a frequent flier by any means but last year I flew and took crackers and a banana with me. No one said anything. And my SIL had crackers and other snacks in ziplock bags (not in their original packages) for my neice. No one said anything about it to her either.

Kim H.

From: J.A.H. <flowers4me7@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Air travelTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comDate: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 7:36 AM

Everything brought on th eplane has to be prepackagedJAHwww.glutenfreeeugen e.org

When I went to Hawaii, they through out my medjool dates. Nothing fresh and they said everything had to be pre-packaged. I had a bag of dried fruit in my suitcase open and because it was in a pre-pack it was ok, but my medjool dates were in a unmarked bag and they threw them out.JAHwww.glutenfreeeugene.org

From: J.A.H. <flowers4me7@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Air travelTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comDate: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 7:36 AM

Everything brought on th eplane has to be prepackagedJAHwww.glutenfreeeugen e.org

In our airport , that's the only place you can GET food is by the gate, so I guess that's why I asked. KayWhen you row another person across the river, you get there yourself..- Fortune cookie

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

What about baby formula??When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself..- Fortune cookie

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

I had a bag of dried fruit in my suitcase open and because it was in a pre-pack it was ok, but my medjool dates were in a unmarked bag and they threw them out.I have had the same experience traveling between the US and Europe. Anything that was not vacuum packed, like cheese, prociutto, had to be tossed. You can shop in the duty-free shops and bring that on board. There isn't much SCD available there though. I was wondering if we bought one of those vacuum packing machines if that would be good enough.

Ann,

Living in Italy

Undiagnosed Crohn's since 1977 Diagnosed 15 years

Sacroiliitis 25 years

Rheumatoid arthritis 25 years

Pyoderma Gangronosum 2 years

SCD since July, 2008

Meds: Tapering Prednisone for PG

Re: Air travelTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comDate: Thursday, September 4, 2008, 7:36 AM

What about baby formula??

I remember a big news story about a woman who was forced to drink a bottle of her own breast milk that she had pre-pumped for her baby. I think it resulted in a law suit.

Ann,

Living in Italy

Undiagnosed Crohn's since 1977 Diagnosed 15 years

Sacroiliitis 25 years

Rheumatoid arthritis 25 years

Pyoderma Gangronosum 2 years

SCD since July, 2008

Meds: Tapering Prednisone for PG

Re: Air travel

tsa ck it outJAHwww.glutenfreeeugene.org

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No meds

No symptoms

>

> tsa ck it out

>

>

> JAH

> www.glutenfreeeugene.org

>

A few months ago, I flew to the Cayman Islands and researched this

topic thoroughly because it meant the difference between my being

able to eat or not for an extremely long day.

The TSA website states that:

" All food must go through the X-ray machine. Do NOT bring food to

the security checkpoint unwrapped, as shown in the image on the

above right. [picture of a tray full of nasty fries]

Food must be wrapped or in a container. Unpeeled natural foods like

fruit are okay, but half-eaten fruits must be wrapped. "

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1667.shtm

I think that issues with fruit and vegetables often arise when

travel involves agricultural restrictions, such as those found in

California, Hawaii, and in travel to/from the U.S., so that may be

why some people aren't able to get fruits/veggies through.

I brought a gallon-sized ziplock with 2 cooked chicken breasts,

several slices of provolone cheese, a few muffins, a couple bananas,

a couple brownies, and some nuts & raisins. I didn't declare it or

put it through the x-ray separately, but it was right in my backpack

and I'm sure they could see it on the x-ray machine. No problems

here. I did have to ditch one banana that I didn't eat prior to

entering the Caymans.

I also checked a cooler full of yogurt and other SCD food, and that

worked out fine.

With regard to formula or breast milk, the TSA site states:

" Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in

reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to

be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the

checkpoint. "

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

Kathy

UC since 12/05

SCD since 7/07

med-free and since 7/08

I don't actually believe in testing, etc. All I know is that I haven't felt so well since the age of 10 and that I have no symptoms (except when I accidentally eat something I shouldn't). I know that I am not cured yet and that the inflammation is still there because I get a tweak whenever I eat what I shouldn't.

I'm just plodding on, convinced that I shall be well one day.

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No symptoms

No medsJ’utilise la version gratuite de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.Jusqu’à présent SPAMfighter a bloqué 1496 courriels spam et m’a fait gagner du temps.Nous avons en ce moment 5.3 millions d’utilisateurs de par le monde entier. Les utlisateurs payants n’ont pas ce message. Vous pouvez télécharger la version gratuite